By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony listing PS3 priced from $199, just in time for Playstation Move?

**Runs out to sell off Sony stock, gets in a long line**

I think the reaction from the shareholders would be this mostly. They have lost, what, billions on the PS3 already. Why would they put themselves into a loss-leading situation again when they have turned the corner in both profitability and demand. It's not good business sense. And just to win what amounts to a pissing contest with MS? (what I mean by this is that they have both lost this gen badly, now all they can do is piss on each other's legs and claim that they are "less wet")

This is what thesource meant, in all probability. $199 must be an error, or a bundle with a 3DTV.

Around the Network

sony would kill MS and Nintendo with that move ;)

It's an error. I think Sony is choosing profit over marketshare this year.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Oh Boy, Scary thought for some.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

imagine a gimped PS3 console that only plays PS3 games with one usb port for $199

and the playstation 4 for $299

hehehe

mM
Around the Network

so scaryy....SO SCARYYYY......

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

I can see a crap load of people buying a PS3 at that price. It would be a smart move if they can pull that off. Hey Sony is desprate. they need to do somthing fast befor Nintendo gets 50%.

What's the average profit to Sony on a PS3 game, and what's the average number of games sold per console?  If they make more than their loss back on games then what's the problem?

Albion said:

I can see a crap load of people buying a PS3 at that price. It would be a smart move if they can pull that off. Hey Sony is desprate. they need to do somthing fast befor Nintendo gets 50%.

Wii will never get 50% at the current way things are going for it compared to PS360 combined.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

and with playstation4 coming in a week, I find it unlikely the wii will BE APSLAYSDAF@#$@

WII ARE ALL WAITING 4 IT..

4 IT IS WERE WE WANT IT

4 IT IS WHAT WE HAVE WAITED 4

I LOVE IT MUCH MORE THAN I LOVE HER 4 ME

4 US ALL ARE ONE TO BE WITH ITSSZZZZ!@%#$ ^$!#@$?PS4?~!@#$!@#%!

mM