By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony listing PS3 priced from $199, just in time for Playstation Move?

TheSource said:

Do you want Sony to go bankrupt? They're probably just now almost breaking even on the PS3 Slim at $300.  At $200, the PS3 will bleed money again. The cost of the hard drive and memory isn't what is holding it back so much as the other components.

they were selling the ps3s with 200$ loss for each console and they are still fine, why people keep saying that is beyond me.

but yeah, probably a site error, they have to make some money after all, this is business.

Around the Network

But they'll lose monies! I don't think PSN Premium, games and accessories could make up for the massive losses. This is bullplop/error.

TheSource said:

Do you want Sony to go bankrupt? They're probably just now almost breaking even on the PS3 Slim at $300.  At $200, the PS3 will bleed money again. The cost of the hard drive and memory isn't what is holding it back so much as the other components.

i just reported news,why are you ganign up on me

anyways PS3 started making profit in JAN-MAR quarter and make more with 40nm RSX PS3's now

TheSource said:

wow alittle snappy are we... hes reporting the news, this isnt his words

maybe it's a promotion 199,- if you also buy a bravia.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

it could be discount for buying a 3DTV too

TheSource said:

Bankrupt? ....I know you were exaggerating but others might think you are serious.

They are profiting on PS3 models at the moment, and in general the whole Sony business is picking up, although still not doing great.

Move could be sold at a profit depending on price etc, and considering the irreversible losses already take this Generation, I think that Sony want to pick up software sales, market share and recognition more so that profit.

This would also seriously imply that a new PS is coming sooner that we expect. 

I doubt it is true though, but I'd say it is very possible.

If so this will change things quite a bit, Fall 2009 price cut to $299 to take down the X360 and now a 2010 price cut to $199 to take down the Wii, Sony already said they only care about market share, what's another couple billion in loss, they'll make up for that next gen.

sad.man.loves.vgc said:
TheSource said:

they were selling the ps3s with 200$ loss for each console and they are still fine, why people keep saying that is beyond me.

but yeah, probably a site error, they have to make some money after all, this is business.

Not quite fine, they've been losing money and laid off tens of thousands of workers.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

I think it might be beneficial for them to cut the price seeing that it would definately increase the market share and allow them to start  converting the majority of PS2 owner`s over to PS3 which would overall increase game sales where the real money is made.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"