By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony listing PS3 priced from $199, just in time for Playstation Move?

Nomad Blue said:

What's the average profit to Sony on a PS3 game, and what's the average number of games sold per console?  If they make more than their loss back on games then what's the problem?

pachter once said that ms  and sony get about 12$ for every  60$ game that is sold  and about 17$ more if they are publisher

its episode 111 you can watch it on gametrailers

the average number of games would be about 7  so that would mean  sony gets about 84$ that come along with every console sold

add  psn sales,  blu ray license fees  blu ray sales and the money they make on controllers  etc

it probably denpends on how  expensive these new move controllers are to make

I don't think they are epxensive  so I could be that sony counts on move and the SW they sell along with it and them pushing the blu ray  and 3d market

Around the Network
mr_capello said:
Nomad Blue said:

What's the average profit to Sony on a PS3 game, and what's the average number of games sold per console?  If they make more than their loss back on games then what's the problem?

pachter once said that ms  and sony get about 12$ for every  60$ game that is sold  and about 17$ more if they are publisher

the average number of games would be about 7  so that would mean  sony gets about 84$ that come along with every console sold

add  psn sales,  blu ray license fees  blu ray sales and the money they make on controllers  etc

I don't think they are epxensive  so I could be that sony counts on move and the SW they sell along with it and them pushing the blu ray  and 3d market

patcher was just guessing stuff

Sony and Microsoft WITH $60 game have these reductions

$10 RETAILERS (it can be less if publishers doesn't give it cheap but mostly they come to an understanding that is why you see games discounted to $55 at launch)

$10 PLATFORM HOLDERS

$30 PUBLISHER AND DEVELOPERS.The share depends on their contract but Developers mostly get over $20.

$5 Shipping

$5 that can be adjusted in all of the above if more or less

Solid_Snake4RD said:
mr_capello said:
Nomad Blue said:

$10 RETAILERS (it can be less if publishers doesn't give it cheap but mostly they come to an understanding that is why you see games discounted to $55 at launch)

$10 PLATFORM HOLDERS

$30 PUBLISHER AND DEVELOPERS.The share depends on their contract but Developers mostly get over $20.

$5 Shipping

so 10$ for every game

that still would be an average 70$

how much do they get for blu ray licenses ?

mr_capello said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mr_capello said:
Nomad Blue said:

$10 PLATFORM HOLDERS

$5 Shipping

so 10$ for every game

that still would be an average 70$

how much do they get for blu ray licenses ?

three companies created blu-ray but SONY has biggest share in it

this is total for all the three companies:

The fees for the new licenses will be $9.50 for a Blu-ray player, and $14 for a Blu-ray recorder. Making Blu-ray Disc will cost 11 cents for read-only, 12 cents for recordable discs, and 15 cents for rewritable discs

blu-ray movies licensing has more costs from the blue-ray disc manufacturing royalties