By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony listing PS3 priced from $199, just in time for Playstation Move?

Upon checking Sony's brand new website which showcases all its 3D compatible devices, we were amazed to see that the landing page stated that the PS3 starts from $199.99. Upon clicking the 'banner', we did not see any PS3 priced at $199.99 so there is a chance this could be an error, but it would be a pretty BIG error for Sony's offical 3D website to make (Contrastingly, the older 'blu-ray' compatible page has the PS3 starting from $299.99). Likewise, the PS3 is calling for a price-cut considering the price of the Wii and the arrival of Playstation Move. It seems there is every chance the PS3 may get its own very own budget model without a huge hard drive for this $199.99 price point. Keep reading and click on the thumbnail image for all the proof.

Now here's an even bigger image showcasing the bigger picture (this looks very plausible indeed!):

On a related note. This doesn't appear to be any kind of 'special deal'. For example it states that the home theatre range starts from $549.99 and there is a model there priced at $549.99 inside the link. Moreover, this price-point would make 'sense' for Sony, the PS3 has been out for quite some time, we've heard of a new chip-set coming to life and its competitors both have options for systems at $199.99! <script src="http://www.maxconsole.net/clientscript/vbulletin_lightbox.js?v=403" type="text/javascript"> <script type="text/javascript">//

Around the Network

:O

O_0

O_O

Sony is not playing games

Probably a site error.

Do you want Sony to go bankrupt? They're probably just now almost breaking even on the PS3 Slim at $300.  At $200, the PS3 will bleed money again. The cost of the hard drive and memory isn't what is holding it back so much as the other components.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

i dont expect it this year, but they can release a smaller HDD version for 250$ or close 199$ by the end of the year

Around the Network

Probably error as I wouldn't think their price cut this year would be another $100. That would simply put them back into the red. $50 is more likely.

It could be just the price of an old model or refurbished console?

I doubt they can sell it for $200. That would just be a bad move on Sony's part losing tons of money and all. Sure, they would sell more, but would it be worth it?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Munkeh111 said:

It could be just the price of an old model or refurbished console?

That would make more sense too.

probably an error.