By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest IX Hype Thread - Target July 11th

I just found this over at tiny cartridge:  http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/nds/dragon_quest_ix_sentinels_of_the_starry_skies_17296.html

Looks like a step in the right direction to me; now anyone who catches a commercial can have this game explained to them without pver-dosing on RPG jargon. I really hope NoA does something similar to this....I think this is the best way to blurr hardcore and casual and just get people interested. (Funny, DQ itself breaks the hardcore/causal mold with every release)

Come on big N, start pumping out those commercials!

*Gratuitous falme-bait signature that mocks two or more consoles while praising another*

Around the Network

Here's the Portuguese DQIX site.

It's amazing, it has tons of info as well. I was in there for more than two hours yesterday

http://www.nintendo.pt/NOE/pt_PT/games/nds/dragon_quest_ix_sentinels_of_the_starry_skies_17296.html?&cID=377&lID=dragonquest&loc=ptPT

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Fossil said:

I just found this over at tiny cartridge:  http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/nds/dragon_quest_ix_sentinels_of_the_starry_skies_17296.html

Looks like a step in the right direction to me; now anyone who catches a commercial can have this game explained to them without pver-dosing on RPG jargon. I really hope NoA does something similar to this....I think this is the best way to blurr hardcore and casual and just get people interested. (Funny, DQ itself breaks the hardcore/causal mold with every release)

Come on big N, start pumping out those commercials!

Wow, that is a lot of stuff compared to what the others got.  You can even do some customization and they show off items and stuff.

I just wonder how many people are gonna go on there and see it.  But hey, since Nintendo spent a few minutes at E3 mentioning the game, it should help.  Probably more than all of SquareEnix efforts in the last 10 years.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Just a few weeks left

When will reviews come out?

It was in the E3 press conference

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

OMG the web site is awesome

But I wanna see what the site says for people who haven't played DQ

Around the Network

Lol, the site begins exactly like the simpsons!

Who did you guys marry in DQV?

I married Deborah cus I thought it would be funny to see how obnoxious she would be throughout our travels. The other two girls were a bit boring lol

darthdevidem01 said:

I married Deborah cus I thought it would be funny to see how obnoxious she would be throughout our travels. The other two girls were a bit boring lol

On my first play-through I married Bianca, for obvious story reasons. But on the second play-through I married Deborah to see how her addition to the game would be like

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

On my first play-through I married Bianca, for obvious story reasons. But on the second play-through I married Deborah to see how her addition to the game would be like

So no-one married the goody goody two shoes girl lol

I went on the site and saw that we can give our characters a vocation

Which one are you gonna chose lestat?

If we play online its best to have a mage and a warrior right? So one of us will have a healing spell while the warrior delivers massive damage.

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

So no-one married the goody goody two shoes girl lol

I went on the site and saw that we can give our characters a vocation

Which one are you gonna chose lestat?

If we play online its best to have a mage and a warrior right? So one of us will have a healing spell while the warrior delivers massive damage.

Mage all the way. I'll be swinging KaThwack, KerPlunk and KaBoom like no one else  

Current PC Build