By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest IX Hype Thread - Target July 11th

andremop said:

Cool trailer, nothing more than that. But it doesn't matter... my hype is still at 114% and counting!!!

This "connect with up to 3 friends" is locally or the game has some options for playing online? Cause I don't have anyfriends who'll buy this game... :(

If it was any other game, it would be a cool trailer.

But this is DQ we're talking about. They don't make this kind of trailers for DQ in the west. So it is quite a pleasant surprise to see such a well done trailer for it. It's bound to cater to RPG fans.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
andremop said:

Cool trailer, nothing more than that. But it doesn't matter... my hype is still at 114% and counting!!!

This "connect with up to 3 friends" is locally or the game has some options for playing online? Cause I don't have anyfriends who'll buy this game... :(

But this is DQ we're talking about. They don't make this kind of trailers for DQ in the west. So it is quite a pleasant surprise to see such a well done trailer for it. It's bound to cater to RPG fans.

DQ8 didn't get trailers?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
andremop said:

DQ8 didn't get trailers?

Let's see, I remember that S-E did do a publicity stunt  with a DQVIII demo on VG magazines, and the NA DQVIII version also had a FFXII demo with it. But I don't remember any commercial nor trailer for it back in those days. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
andremop said:

DQ8 didn't get trailers?

Let's see, I remember that S-E did do a publicity stunt  with a DQVIII demo on VG magazines, and the NA DQVIII version also had a FFXII demo with it. But I don't remember any commercial nor trailer for it back in those days. 

hopefully this one gets put on TV!

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
andremop said:

DQ8 didn't get trailers?

SUpposedly Dragon Quest VIII got commercials.  But I lived in San Diego at the time (seventh Largest City in the US) and never saw one.  If they had commercials, they were VERY targetted at specific networks and locations.  But other people swear they had commercials.

The only advertising I saw for Dragon Quest VIII was in Magazines and at Anime Expo 2001 when I was there.  They had the game playable at a booth.

As for marketing of Dragon Quest IX, Nintendo has stated they are going to do commercials, like they did for Monster Hunter Tri.  We'll see how strong of a push they do.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
andremop said:

DQ8 didn't get trailers?

hopefully this one gets put on TV!

I hope it does as well, but even then, there's almost a 0% chance to see it on any TV channel here in Portugal Only highly known (A.K.A - Popular to Portuguese players) are shown here. Last one was SMG2, before that God of War III. Not even FFXIII had a commercial in here.

Current PC Build

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
andremop said:

DQ8 didn't get trailers?

SUpposedly Dragon Quest VIII got commercials.  But I lived in San Diego at the time (seventh Largest City in the US) and never saw one.  If they had commercials, they were VERY targetted at specific networks and locations.  But other people swear they had commercials.

The only advertising I saw for Dragon Quest VIII was in Magazines and at Anime Expo 2001 when I was there.  They had the game playable at a booth.

As for marketing of Dragon Quest IX, Nintendo has stated they are going to do commercials, like they did for Monster Hunter Tri.  We'll see how strong of a push they do.

Oh right. We had in store promotions for DQ8 when it came out here.

Well MH Tri got LOADS of promotions so hopefully this game will get that much.

After that it needs to build on word of mouth , marketing helped MH Tri.

@Lestat

oh right lol

darthdevidem01 said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
andremop said:

DQ8 didn't get trailers?

Oh right. We had in store promotions for DQ8 when it came out here.

Well MH Tri got LOADS of promotions so hopefully this game will get that much.

After that it needs to build on word of mouth , marketing helped MH Tri.

@Lestat

oh right lol

It may not matter much, but Nintendo power has been covering IX a lot in recent months and their next issue is putting it on the cover, so hopefully word of mouth will generate from that. IV managed to out sell The Force unleashed DS on word of mouth alone, or at least it felt like that.

*Gratuitous falme-bait signature that mocks two or more consoles while praising another*

Fossil said:

It may not matter much, but Nintendo power has been covering IX a lot in recent months and their next issue is putting it on the cover, so hopefully word of mouth will generate from that. IV managed to out sell The Force unleashed DS on word of mouth alone, or at least it felt like that.

{fingers crossed}

I hope they do tons of marketing in EU/UK too because a game like it can REALLY kick off here and be massive.

Added the US Trailer to the main page.

Also, I don't know if should be telling people this after the fact, but Nintendo of America (through a subsidiary company) held a mini-contest for Dragon Quest IX.  Its still going on, but instead of making it a open contest connected to the release of the game, they actively seeked out certain people online and sent them e-mails asking them to participate (including me).  They first sent them a poster and then asked them to answer a series of Dragon Quest related questions that followed for the possibility of more prizes.

I'll update you if I happen to win anything besides the poster.

Six upcoming games you should look into: