By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest IX Hype Thread - Target July 11th

darthdevidem01 said:

The E3 TRAILER!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-dragon-quest/101037

@kenryoku

Ok so what are the rules for SPOILERS going to be in this thread?

OMFG that trailer had some many awesomesauce in it!

If people aren't wowed by this trailer, then there's no hope for them, whatsoever >_>

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

The E3 TRAILER!

@kenryoku

If people aren't wowed by this trailer, then there's no hope for them, whatsoever >_>

That music theme that plays in the trailer, its the same one that plays on the start menu in DQIV & DQV!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

The E3 TRAILER!

@kenryoku

That music theme that plays in the trailer, its the same one that plays on the start menu in DQIV & DQV!

That's the Dragon Quest Theme Darth, it's been around since DQI  It's called Symphonic Suite

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

The E3 TRAILER!

@kenryoku

That's the Dragon Quest Theme Darth, it's been around since DQI  It's called Symphonic Suite

ohhh lol.

So its the equivalent to the FF Prelude theme or something?

Its such a good melody.

European launch is too close to Starcraft 2. Don't blame me SE and Nintendo if I completely pass this up...

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

The E3 TRAILER!

@kenryoku

ohhh lol.

Its such a good melody.

Yup, it's an equivalent. Although, it would fairer to say that FF Prelude was an equivalent to DQ's theme, since DQ came first

Current PC Build

routsounmanman said:

European launch is too close to Starcraft 2. Don't blame me SE and Nintendo if I completely pass this up...

Person who's name is hard to spell whats Starcraft 2? rofl j/k j/k

Well by the time you get it we'll have done all the quests so we can help you!

lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

The E3 TRAILER!

@kenryoku

ohhh lol.

Its such a good melody.

Yup, it's an equivalent. Although, it would fairer to say that FF Prelude was an equivalent to DQ's theme, since DQ came first

So I take it slimes are another staple?

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

The E3 TRAILER!

@kenryoku

ohhh lol.

Its such a good melody.

So I take it slimes are another staple?

Slimes are to DQ what Chocobos are to FF. The most iconic beast of the games

Current PC Build

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

The E3 TRAILER!

@kenryoku

ohhh lol.

Its such a good melody.

Dragon Quest kinda created the JRPG genre.  So that's why most major JRPG (and console RPG) series have main themes similar to that.  I also think the Prelude for Final Fantasy (the song that is comparable to Dragon Quests 'Overture') didn't get officially adopted as the Final Fantasy main theme until Final Fantasy III or IV.  But I can't find the reference for which game it was off-hand.

About Spoilers.  I'd really like people not to post spoilers.  But again, I have no power to stop them.  And I don't really want to be some ogre yelling at people if they do.  I've already heard a few myself.  I just choose to try not to look at them.  Besides...I don't really think Drago nQuest is anywhere near the popularity of another game to get that kind of special treatment.

Six upcoming games you should look into: