By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest IX Hype Thread - Target July 11th

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Will all of you play online with me?

Lestat we live in the same continent so it shouldn't be hard!

I'd be honored to play online with you  

It's a shame we get it a couple of weeks later than the NA version. US gamers will have more time to adapt to the game

With your skills in JRPG's I wouldn't worry, you usually know everything about any game your playing!

Lets see how addictive its online modes gonna be, a long satisfying main quest is really important too though.

Thanks But a couple of weeks usually make a lot of difference. It'll be fun to learn everything from scratch though, as it will be somewhat different from your usual DQ game. 

As long as I have a KaThwacker or a KerPlunker in my team, i'll be happy

I agree, I'm really hoping that DQ IX has a good main quest with a better story than the previous DQ's.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

It's a shame we get it a couple of weeks later than the NA version. US gamers will have more time to adapt to the game

With your skills in JRPG's I wouldn't worry, you usually know everything about any game your playing!

Lets see how addictive its online modes gonna be, a long satisfying main quest is really important too though.

Thanks But a couple of weeks usually make a lot of difference. It'll be fun to learn everything from scratch though, as it will be somewhat different from your usual DQ game. 

I agree, I'm really hoping that DQ IX has a good main quest with a better story than the previous DQ's.

My only comparison to it will be DQV & DQIV out of which one DQV is your fav right?

Lets see how it can hold up to those, I liked V much more than IV due to the story. Even though IV had an interesting approach of having a chapter with different character.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

My only comparison to it will be DQV & DQIV out of which one DQV is your fav right?

Lets see how it can hold up to those, I liked V much more than IV due to the story. Even though IV had an interesting approach of having a chapter with different character.

DQIV's chapter approach was interesting, although that created some pretty uninteresting characters like Ragnar or Mara (Maya in the remake).

Personally, even though V has the best story in the series, DQII also had a really amazing story, because of it's pace. I hope DQIX has a bit of that pace, at least

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I'd be willing to participate online with any and all people who wanted to.  That is, after I fully complete the main single player campaign.  And seeing as how I usually take my time with DQ games...that could take upwards of 150 hours.  Dragon Quest VIII took me 168 hours the first time.  Mostly due to my love of collecting and customizing items.

But seeing as how Dragon Quest IX is a handheld game and they've already said the gameplay is quicker, it probably won't take quite that long.

Also, to enter into the current topic at hand, my favorite Dragon Quest is actually Dragon Quest VIII.  Though I've played them all (aside from VI, which I'll be playing when it comes out here).

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Kenryoku_Maxis said:

I'd be willing to participate online with any and all people who wanted to.  That is, after I fully complete the main single player campaign.  And seeing as how I usually take my time with DQ games...that could take upwards of 150 hours.  Dragon Quest VIII took me 168 hours the first time.  Mostly due to my love of collecting and customizing items.

But seeing as how Dragon Quest IX is a handheld game and they've already said the gameplay is quicker, it probably won't take quite that long.

Also, to enter into the current topic at hand, my favorite Dragon Quest is actually Dragon Quest VIII.  Though I've played them all (aside from VI, which I'll be playing when it comes out here).

I'm the same as well. DQVIII took me almost 150 to complete 100%. Most of that time was leveling up in Howling Mountain (that area acessible with the Godbird), to get my MC to 65. Dragon Soul was an amazing move, but Gigagash was also spectacular. 

Monster Arena was also amazing, but once you got the My Three Golems team, it's pretty much a walk in the park. 

If DQIX is a more westernized DQ game, then it wouldn't be crazy to think that the overall time to completely finish the main quest and get every item will be higher than in previous DQs.

Current PC Build

Around the Network

Who's talking trash about Ragnar McRyan!?

Khuutra said:

That'd be me

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

DQIV's chapter approach was interesting, although that created some pretty uninteresting characters like Ragnar or Mara (Maya in the remake).

Personally, even though V has the best story in the series, DQII also had a really amazing story, because of it's pace. I hope DQIX has a bit of that pace, at least

Oh, thank you! I thought I was the only one out there who enjoyed playing DQII!

From what I can put to gether, IX's side-quest focus would give a lot of freedom to roam and explore their surroundings rather than play through the story. That sense of freedom really brings a game's world to life for me, and I think level-5 understood this charm when they were making IX. Even if the pacing is disimilar, at least you can make a group of all four of the Loto decenants after all these years!

*Gratuitous falme-bait signature that mocks two or more consoles while praising another*

lestatdark said:
Khuutra said:

That'd be me

What could a wee naff like yew do agin the mighty Ragnar McRyan!?

No but seriously

I'm also looking forward to DQIX

Khuutra said:
lestatdark said:
Khuutra said:

That'd be me

What could a wee naff like yew do agin the mighty Ragnar McRyan!?

No but seriously

I'm also looking forward to DQIX

Pffft, Alena's more than a match for him

And Torneko's Strong!!!!!!!!!!

Ragnar's just an old coot xD

Current PC Build