By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest IX Hype Thread - Target July 11th

darthdevidem01 said:
morenoingrato said:
darthdevidem01 said:

YEAH no random battles. I'll actually be bothered to explore now!

and BTW, you're the user who actually introduced me to DQ series, remember?

oh yeah I'd just played DQV & I was amazed so I think I told you to get the DQV Remake on DS!

AMAZING GAME!

Kenryoku will be proud

who is Kenryoku?

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
darthdevidem01 said:
morenoingrato said:
darthdevidem01 said:

YEAH no random battles. I'll actually be bothered to explore now!

and BTW, you're the user who actually introduced me to DQ series, remember?

oh yeah I'd just played DQV & I was amazed so I think I told you to get the DQV Remake on DS!

AMAZING GAME!

Kenryoku will be proud

who is Kenryoku?

The biggest Dragon Quest fan on the site who made this thread.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I'm very hyped too ^_^, I hope it sells well.

I fell in love with this series thanks to Dragon Quest VIII (first game of the franchise released in Europe), along with Final Fantasy XII the best jrpg of the previous gen. I'm sure Dragon Quest IX will be the current best jrpg of this generation.

Here's something to ponder while we wait: will there be armor sets for all of the past heroes of the series, or will it just be for the original?

I noticed in Kenryoku_maxis' post the character was wearing the Prince of Cannock's pants, so if there is even a slim chance of a Lorasia set this game is all but sold for me.

Forget inovation and compelling game-play, it's all about the clothes! :P

*Gratuitous falme-bait signature that mocks two or more consoles while praising another*

Fossil said:

Here's something to ponder while we wait: will there be armor sets for all of the past heroes of the series, or will it just be for the original?

I noticed in Kenryoku_maxis' post the character was wearing the Prince of Cannock's pants, so if there is even a slim chance of a Lorasia set this game is all but sold for me.

That would be awesome. I want the King of Gotha set xD 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

I'll get this game, but I am not hyped. It's developed by Level 5 and their dungeon design is flat out atrocious. It's as if they try to make them as bad as possible. Maybe DQ IX is going to be different, but I am not getting my hopes up.

I don't see Level 5 dungeon desgin as being that bad.  Especially in Dragon Quest VIII, it was just fine.  Much better than the dungeons in Dragon Quest VII.  I kind of dreaded going into dungeons after a while in Dragon Quest VII....they were too long and just boring mazes purposely made to extend their length to try to artifically make the game harder.  Much like in Dragon Quest II.  Difference is, Dragon Quest VII had a lot more going for it than just 3 characters and a simple story like Dragon Quest II did.

Fossil said:

I actually had a previous image up that showed how you could basically recreate all the previous characters from all the previous Dragon Quest games with the new character creation system.  But the new forum layout restricts the size of images and the image doesn't fit here.  I'll just post it here anyway.  Maybe you can right-click and save it.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Awesome, I see a slim Torneko in there as well

The customization is indeed awesome, one of the best I've ever seen in a RPG so far.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Will all of you play online with me?

Lestat we live in the same continent so it shouldn't be hard!

darthdevidem01 said:

I'd be honored to play online with you  

It's a shame we get it a couple of weeks later than the NA version. US gamers will have more time to adapt to the game

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I'd be honored to play online with you  

It's a shame we get it a couple of weeks later than the NA version. US gamers will have more time to adapt to the game

With your skills in JRPG's I wouldn't worry, you usually know everything about any game your playing!

Lets see how addictive its online modes gonna be, a long satisfying main quest is really important too though.