By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest IX Hype Thread - Target July 11th

lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Who did you guys marry in DQV?

I married Deborah cus I thought it would be funny to see how obnoxious she would be throughout our travels. The other two girls were a bit boring lol

On my first play-through I married Bianca, for obvious story reasons. But on the second play-through I married Deborah to see how her addition to the game would be like

So no-one married the goody goody two shoes girl lol

I went on the site and saw that we can give our characters a vocation

Which one are you gonna chose lestat?

If we play online its best to have a mage and a warrior right? So one of us will have a healing spell while the warrior delivers massive damage.

Mage all the way. I'll be swinging KaThwack, KerPlunk and KaBoom like no one else  

Good I wanted to be a warrior anyway, but the Minstrel vocation sounds interesting, thats probably the vocation that you use "whips" in.

Still Sword's are cooler to use. 

It says on the site you recruit party members, so there won't be compulsory party characters? 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Who did you guys marry in DQV?

I married Deborah cus I thought it would be funny to see how obnoxious she would be throughout our travels. The other two girls were a bit boring lol

On my first play-through I married Bianca, for obvious story reasons. But on the second play-through I married Deborah to see how her addition to the game would be like

So no-one married the goody goody two shoes girl lol

I went on the site and saw that we can give our characters a vocation

Which one are you gonna chose lestat?

If we play online its best to have a mage and a warrior right? So one of us will have a healing spell while the warrior delivers massive damage.

Mage all the way. I'll be swinging KaThwack, KerPlunk and KaBoom like no one else  

Good I wanted to be a warrior anyway, but the Minstrel vocation sounds interesting, thats probably the vocation that you use "whips" in.

Still Sword's are cooler to use. 

It says on the site you recruit party members, so there won't be compulsory party characters? 

That's odd. On the Portuguese site there's a list (albeit short) of characters that seem compulsory. But it would be a nice innovation if that happened. 

Kinda like recruiting human characters in DQV.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

can't wait, it feels so close, and according to the features it looks really good.

I've only played the recent DS remake of IV, but I'm really llooking forward to this.  I'm going to preorder my copy soon, after I've finished scouting round for UK prices.

MrT-Tar said:

I've only played the recent DS remake of IV, but I'm really llooking forward to this.  I'm going to preorder my copy soon, after I've finished scouting round for UK prices.

Play DQV remake, its amazing.

Around the Network

DRAGON QUEST IX PRE-ORDERS UPDATE:

41 Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies DS 4 2,388 17,546

4 Weeks to launch.

PLEASE ADVERTISE IT!!!

Hopefully we see rises with commercials soon!

There is only one thing about this game that worries me. I'll most likely be playing by myself for almost all the game, so will I be severely handicapped if I do so? I ask this, because I believe they built the game for people to play it together with friends instead of single player.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:

There is only one thing about this game that worries me. I'll most likely be playing by myself for almost all the game, so will I be severely handicapped if I do so? I ask this, because I believe they built the game for people to play it together with friends instead of single player.

Well, this will be primary a SP experience, not a MP one.  So you won't be handicapped if you play it alone. You can do a few quests with a couple of friends (a la WKC) but that won't affect the SP experience.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Seth green's commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGKR1Jgj7W4&feature=player_embedded

I like how it starts off with a geeky vibe but then rebounds into crazy-ness at the end.

On a slightly diffrent note, how are you guys going to use the "cosplay" feature for your characters? My Sage is going to look like Meena and my Battle-master like the Price of Lorasia. Speaking of which, does anyone know if all advanced classes have artwork?

*Gratuitous falme-bait signature that mocks two or more consoles while praising another*

lestatdark said:
themanwithnoname said:

Well, this will be primary a SP experience, not a MP one.  So you won't be handicapped if you play it alone. You can do a few quests with a couple of friends (a la WKC) but that won't affect the SP experience.

Yeah, the game is primarily a SP experience. You can do quests and stuff with other people, but I very rarely did.

It was nice trading/sharing treasure maps with other people though. I got some pretty nice ones(full of rare items) just walking around the train station with my DS on, hehe. I'm not sure how they'll implement that for the Western release though.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"