By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japanese First Day Sales - 11/29 (Layton - 200k)

@erikers: Show me one X360 game which sold in its first week 2.5x as much as in a first day.

Around the Network
kamil said:
@erikers: Show me one X360 game which sold in its first week 2.5x as much as in a first day.

Day 1 FF XI: Wings of the Goddess (360): about 4k

Week 1 FF XI: Wings of the Goddess (360) : about 13k

How do you like that? There's one.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

kamil said:

@erikers: Closer to 30k. Most of the sales for a first week is due to first day sales.

@Louie: Where do you see this big amount of 360 sales? 20k for AC? Are you joking?

Not compared to PS2, Wii or DS - believe me Kamil, I think before I post. But if you look at 2005 and 2006 you can clearly see the Xbox 360 getting bigger sales both on the software and hardware side of things.

@erikers: Ok, so you found what I was asking. However I'm not sure if a 4k-first day game will be a good indicator for a 20k-first day game.

@Louie: That's true, but AC6, Halo 3 and Blue Dragon didn't debut this week.

Actually, last week Mario & Sonic ended up selling over 4 times the first day sales when the first week sales came in.

Around the Network

Great first day for Layton 2, I'm glad while I'm ashamed for the first day of Puzzle Quest : only 600. Hell it doesn't deserve it !

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Wow , Layton goes over the roof ... I wasnt expecting that ... nice going ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Layton getting what it deserves.

Guilty Gear 2 360 exclusivity = bomb.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

AC will never hit the PS3 in Japan ?
how is it possible ?
Microsoft has secured exclusivity only in Japan ?
It makes non sense to me.

Time to Work !

kamil said:
@erikers: Ok, so you found what I was asking. However I'm not sure if a 4k-first day game will be a good indicator for a 20k-first day game.

@Louie: That's true, but AC6, Halo 3 and Blue Dragon didn't debut this week.

...which has literally nothing to do with what I said.