By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Morgan Webb rants about Super Mario Galaxy 2, hilariously bad reasons

DAMN, this thread is still going on????? (Me adding to it doesn't help things, but still...)

Let me put it this way: The girl is wrong. Period. Mario is one of few IPs to remain relevant in four different decades and not lose one shred of popularity. If you don't like it, I don't care. But may lightning strike your buttcheeks if you don't think Nintendo is on to something when they continually sell millions of games featuring this character, and keep him as the biggest gaming icon of all-time.

The one thing that anti-Mario people haven't said once in this thread...the people who have actually played it... even if they consider Mario a rehash, isn't it still fun when they play it? If it is still fun to play,  what is the point of the bickering? Tetris is still Tetris, Mario is still Mario, and Pacman is still Pacman. Asking them to be anything else no longer makes those titles what they are.

ENOUGH BASHING, from BOTH sides.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Morgan Webb is still pretty and that's all that matters.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

SaviorX said:

DAMN, this thread is still going on????? (Me adding to it doesn't help things, but still...)

Let me put it this way: The girl is wrong. Period. Mario is one of few IPs to remain relevant in four different decades and not lose one shred of popularity. If you don't like it, I don't care. But may lightning strike your buttcheeks if you don't think Nintendo is on to something when they continually sell millions of games featuring this character, and keep him as the biggest gaming icon of all-time.

The one thing that anti-Mario people haven't said once in this thread...the people who have actually played it... even if they consider Mario a rehash, isn't it still fun when they play it? If it is still fun to play,  what is the point of the bickering? Tetris is still Tetris, Mario is still Mario, and Pacman is still Pacman. Asking them to be anything else no longer makes those titles what they are.

ENOUGH BASHING, from BOTH sides.

This, very much.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Remember when this thread was about the ill informed, uneducated, unprofessional and childish review on Super Mario Galaxy 2 and not a debate on whether people should have the freedom of expression?

Some of you monkeys are just a little to touchy on this subject, whether its the game, Nintendo, Morgan Webb or Freedom of speech.  I find it funny that we have 22 pages on this thread that is leading no where because some hot air head said some retarded things on a video game... Thats pretty much it...

So please let me know when we start debating the finer points on Olivia Munn's solution to the Gulf of Mexico oil crisis.

Too bad youtube too it down;I wanted to state what I believe what she really said. I feel I have to actually see it to really state my opinion. Maybe I'll catch it on TV as a re-run.

Around the Network
Red4ADevil said:

Too bad youtube too it down;I wanted to state what I believe what she really said. I feel I have to actually see it to really state my opinion. Maybe I'll catch it on TV as a re-run.

This link was posted already but here it is again:

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/705103/Feedback----Super-Mario-Galaxy-2-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops--Beyond-Good--Evil-2.html

Skip to around 23:20

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I just re-watched the video, and my biggest problem with Morgan is this statement, "I love Mario just as much as everybody else..."

Bullshit.

If you loved Mario, you wouldn't be complaining about him being too cartoony.  Mario's image hasn't changed for almost 30 years now.  Just stop lying to everyone, including yourself.  Just admit you don't like Mario, and that is why you don't like the game.

It will save everyone a lot of time.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

RolStoppable said:
Metallicube said:
I'm not sure what you're talking about.. Mario Galaxy 2 is actually a lot different than Mario 64. Besides the obvious change in environment, there are much more varied levels, each with their own unique features, physics, gravity, etc. The stages are more linear, and less open world. The graphics are much better, new music many new enemies and powerups, motion controls. Really the only thing similar to Mario 64 is the fact that you collect stars. But the similarities pretty much end there.

It has already been established that previous Mario games had physics and gravity too, after all Mario has to get back to the ground somehow whenever he makes a jump. It wouldn't make any sense if he didn't. Graphical enhancements are a logical progression which every other series has gone through as well. The same holds true for the music, it would be really lame if they didn't create anything new at all, wouldn't you agree?

But most importantly, the similarities between Super Mario 64 and Galaxy 2 don't end with collecting stars. You conveniently ignored (or maybe just forgot about) the most crucial part of every game: the story. Mario still has to save Princess Peach in every single game and that's unforgivable...

...because ignorant people like you don't give a damn about it and make every Mario game still sell millions upon millions of copies. There are games out there that are much more deserving of this, especially on the system you intend to use mainly as a Blu-Ray player.

Stopped reading there

Thanks theRepublic. After seeing it I just dont get it either. If she likes mario, then why is she complaining. She's saying she wants it less cartoony. This is same problem with the comic industry. They made spiderman, batman, and superman so much darker, that most of their fanbase (kids) wont be able to to read because they're too mature them.

How can she say that its too "flat"; your walking on a freaking spherical planet in 3D, in a full 360 degrrees. How much more 3D does she want it. She seems to have grown insecure since she doesnt like cartoonish things; that pretty much means she probably doesnt like the old cartoons she grew up with too, I may be wrong though.

What she said about it, wasn't bashing or trolling so people here shouldn't be bashing her for her honest opinion. But any intelligent person can disagree with her. People need learn to take criticism; Its everywhere. Only insults and non-professional criticism is what makes you an assh"le

I remember the interview a couple months back; Shia Lebouf basicly said that every wii owner (even the hardcore Nintendo fans, like me) weren't REAL gamers. He even refused to play with Megan Fox on the wii; talk about fanboyism.

LOL!  this thread is still going on?