By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Morgan Webb rants about Super Mario Galaxy 2, hilariously bad reasons

Hynad said:

Complaining about the story of a Mario game at this point is like complaing about the story of a Gran Turismo game.

Story is just NOT the point of Mario games.  Just like it's not the point of a game like Gran Turismo, which is devoid of any.

... Because ignorant people like RolStoppable just won't accept that Mario games are being praised one title after the other for their unmatched and innovative level designs, intuitive and precise controls and the fact that the games in the series are nearly flawless on a technical level (barely any bugs or glitches).  (yeah, see what I did there. ¬_¬)

There are certainly games out there that are deserving of similar attention, but stating that they are "more deserving" than Mario games in the fashion that RolStoppable worded it is just plain arrogance and completely subjective, even if he's trying to conceal it by taking the lecturing yet childish "my opinion is right, yours is ignorant" approach.

Word of advice:

Rol is a major joker.

Never listen to one word he says.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
dtewi said:
Hynad said:

Complaining about the story of a Mario game at this point is like complaing about the story of a Gran Turismo game.

Story is just NOT the point of Mario games.  Just like it's not the point of a game like Gran Turismo, which is devoid of any.

... Because ignorant people like RolStoppable just won't accept that Mario games are being praised one title after the other for their unmatched and innovative level designs, intuitive and precise controls and the fact that the games in the series are nearly flawless on a technical level (barely any bugs or glitches).  (yeah, see what I did there. ¬_¬)

There are certainly games out there that are deserving of similar attention, but stating that they are "more deserving" than Mario games in the fashion that RolStoppable worded it is just plain arrogance and completely subjective, even if he's trying to conceal it by taking the lecturing yet childish "my opinion is right, yours is ignorant" approach.

Word of advice:

Rol is a major joker.

Never listen to one word he says.

Forgive him. Rolstoppable no longer has a Kim Possible avatar, he had no choice but to trust Rol's words and take him seriously.

How technical is your game?

Tuganuno said:

There is no such thing as an "unhateble" game. Deal with it, like I did with MGS4 =p

No idea why so many people cared about the opinion, as most of you described to be an ignorant person. Does a fool's opinion really matter that much to you? If so, then you're being just as incoherent as you say she was. Damn wish I had been faster to see the damn video XD

Well I think it's more about she's ignorant and paid to be ignorant, most of us know Game Stop employees are typically ignorant but we rant about it because it's their current employment, when dealing with anything people expect a certain level of knowledge and credibility if you're going to be employed in that field, and there are higher degrees depending on the job, basically being a mouthpiece for an entire corporation/channel you better know your stuff, on the other hand a lowly game stop GA can be ignorant and you can just as for his manager for information, if he has no information, then typically you'll get pissed cause someone higher up should know.  Get the drift? 

Though in the end I don't personally care, as I stated in the OP its more hilarious than anything, I was laughing not hating, laughing at the irony that she is apart of the gaming media showing a lot of flaws in her own logic about disliking a game, same reason people hate on Ebert and Roper.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Well, my apologies to RolStoppable if he was indeed joking.  I don't know the guy much yet, but his wording didn't come out to me as if he was actually joking or being sarcastic. x_X

Hynad said:

Well, my apologies to RolStoppable if he was indeed joking.  I don't know the guy much yet, but his wording didn't come out to me as if he was actually joking or being sarcastic. x_X

There have been threads nearly as long as this one just because people didn't realise that Rol was joking or being sarcastic.

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Tuganuno said:

There is no such thing as an "unhateble" game. Deal with it, like I did with MGS4 =p

No idea why so many people cared about the opinion, as most of you described to be an ignorant person. Does a fool's opinion really matter that much to you? If so, then you're being just as incoherent as you say she was. Damn wish I had been faster to see the damn video XD

Well I think it's more about she's ignorant and paid to be ignorant, most of us know Game Stop employees are typically ignorant but we rant about it because it's their current employment, when dealing with anything people expect a certain level of knowledge and credibility if you're going to be employed in that field, and there are higher degrees depending on the job, basically being a mouthpiece for an entire corporation/channel you better know your stuff, on the other hand a lowly game stop GA can be ignorant and you can just as for his manager for information, if he has no information, then typically you'll get pissed cause someone higher up should know.  Get the drift? 

Though in the end I don't personally care, as I stated in the OP its more hilarious than anything, I was laughing not hating, laughing at the irony that she is apart of the gaming media showing a lot of flaws in her own logic about disliking a game, same reason people hate on Ebert and Roper.

Yh I understand, I'm just trying to appeal some people's common sense.

I wonder if this thread has beaten any vgchartz record... over 30 pages in just one day :P lol

Tuganuno said:

I wonder if this thread has beaten any vgchartz record... over 30 pages in just one day :P lol

30 pages? You 10 post/page peasant!

And no, it's nowhere near a record.

Tuganuno said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Tuganuno said:

No the record is still held by the Super Smash Bros Brawl thread, it actually killed the site (one of many the game killed) in a matter of moments when spoilers for the character list hit and was at 10k posts before the game even released.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

noname2200 said:
Tuganuno said:

30 pages? You 10 post/page peasant!

And no, it's nowhere near a record.

I was born using 10 post/page, and I'll die using 10 post/page! :P

@ Maxwell

Thanks for the info =) Do you think there will be another game/console/event capable of killing vgchartz in 2010 or is the new website just too hawt for that? lol

axumblade said:

This thread is getting old...x.o.

People who don't agree with Morgan won't start agreeing with Morgan. Those who think she has the right to state her opinion know that she is entitled to that but then again, people on here are entitled to their opinions as well.

My goal in the thread was to point out that she might have a reason for feeling the way she did.

I have no problem with Morgan having an opinion. My whole problem was the lack of depth in her reasoning. I'd expect more from a gaming journalist. I've seen stealth trolls put forth a more reasonable argument.