By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Will Obama be re-elected in 2012?

Will Obama be re-elected in 2012?

Yes 111 37.00%

No 98 32.67%

Too early to call 79 26.33%

I don't know 12 4.00%

Total:300
sguy78 said:
HappySqurriel said:
sguy78 said:
HappySqurriel said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
sguy78 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PDF said:

Way to early to call.  Just like always though, people i know voted for him now bitch about him.  It sickens me how fast this country turns on our presidents.

he didn't have a chance. it took 8 yr's to get a surpluse under clinton, one yr' to blow the surpluse under Bush, 8 yr's to kill not just the American economy but the global economy under Bush. (and several large finacial firms)

I just couldn't stop laughing after reading this post. If you actually think Bush caused this recession you are living in a dreamworld.

i see you didn't even look at the side not where i said and other large financial firms. your just looking for something in nothing.

P.S i don't dream but i do sleep well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs

Regardless of what you wrote, the implication you made was that Bush caused this recession. One sitting President does not create a recession. There is plenty of blame to go around, but recessions are cyclical anyways. We should have gone into a recession in America earlier than we did. Gee, it couldn't be Bill Clinton who intoduced legislation opening up risky loans to people who really didn't qualify for them? Everybody deserves a chance to own ther own home, right? I'm not going to say that Clinton caused the recession because of just that. Also, Clinton wasn't the reason we got a surplus. It was Newt, and the Republican House. Get your facts straight before you continue on with the "Bush 8 years apocalypse!" crap.

I think you should watch the videos ...

I did. I'm just tired of this whole Bush is the reason for everything bad that happens. I'm surprised we haven't heard some conspiracy theory that Bush caused this oil spill 10 hours before he left office. I mean, we all know how much he hates black people in the Louisiana area.

The entire point of the videos was that blaming George W. Bush or the Republicans for the collapse of the financial sector is not an accurate portrayal. As early as 2001 there is evidence of Bush calling for increased regulation of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae; and in 2003/2004 there was fairly substantial moves from many Republicans in congress to increase regulation and oversight in Freddy Mac, Fannie Mae, and the complicated mortgage backed securities that would (eventually explode). Not much came of this because the early calls for action predated a problem emerging, and the later calls were dismissed by the Democrats in power as being "Racist"

Around the Network

While riskier loans were introduced into the system, no-one decided that it was a fun idea to securitize those bad loans so that it could destroy everything.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

While riskier loans were introduced into the system, no-one decided that it was a fun idea to securitize those bad loans so that it could destroy everything.

I dunno.  They knew it was happeneing and didn't stop it.  I don't think the politicians cared.

I'm not convinced they didn't think it was a good Idea to be honest with you.  They did NOTHING to attempt to stop it.

HappySqurriel said:
sguy78 said:
HappySqurriel said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
sguy78 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PDF said:

Way to early to call.  Just like always though, people i know voted for him now bitch about him.  It sickens me how fast this country turns on our presidents.

he didn't have a chance. it took 8 yr's to get a surpluse under clinton, one yr' to blow the surpluse under Bush, 8 yr's to kill not just the American economy but the global economy under Bush. (and several large finacial firms)

I just couldn't stop laughing after reading this post. If you actually think Bush caused this recession you are living in a dreamworld.

i see you didn't even look at the side not where i said and other large financial firms. your just looking for something in nothing.

Regardless of what you wrote, the implication you made was that Bush caused this recession. One sitting President does not create a recession. There is plenty of blame to go around, but recessions are cyclical anyways. We should have gone into a recession in America earlier than we did. Gee, it couldn't be Bill Clinton who intoduced legislation opening up risky loans to people who really didn't qualify for them? Everybody deserves a chance to own ther own home, right? I'm not going to say that Clinton caused the recession because of just that. Also, Clinton wasn't the reason we got a surplus. It was Newt, and the Republican House. Get your facts straight before you continue on with the "Bush 8 years apocalypse!" crap.

it was still his congress and senate. my facts are strate. the president gets credit for what his congres does and doesn't do. u are behind. catch up.

sguy78 said:
HappySqurriel said:
sguy78 said:
HappySqurriel said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
sguy78 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PDF said:

I did. I'm just tired of this whole Bush is the reason for everything bad that happens. I'm surprised we haven't heard some conspiracy theory that Bush caused this oil spill 10 hours before he left office. I mean, we all know how much he hates black people in the Louisiana area.

he did?

Around the Network
sguy78 said:
HappySqurriel said:
sguy78 said:
HappySqurriel said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
sguy78 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PDF said:

regarless of what wrote! are you crazy? in that case your argument has know vality! i understand your tierd of hearring people blame Buch for the recession, but don't down play the facts when i put them out there. his spendding and other large financial firms caused the recession. facts for you. Oboma needs to clean his mess to.

theres no need for you to get mad about it. either debate it or ignore it. it's nothing for you to loss sleep over!

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
HappySqurriel said:
sguy78 said:
HappySqurriel said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
sguy78 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PDF said:

it was still his congress and senate. my facts are strate. the president gets credit for what his congres does and doesn't do. u are behind. catch u

No, you need to get your facts straight. The last two years of the Bush administration the House and Senate were Democratically held.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
sguy78 said:
HappySqurriel said:
sguy78 said:
HappySqurriel said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
sguy78 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PDF said:

regarless of what wrote! are you crazy? in that case your argument has know vality! i understand your tierd of hearring people blame Buch for the recession, but don't down play the facts when i put them out there. his spendding and other large financial firms caused the recession. facts for you. Oboma needs to clean his mess to.

theres no need for you to get mad about it. either debate it or ignore it. it's nothing for you to loss sleep over!

I honestly have no idea what you were writing here.

I voted for him the first time since the opposition was pathetic, if the Republicans can get a competent candidate then i will vote for him.  Obama has failed to bring about any significant change.

sguy78 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
HappySqurriel said:
sguy78 said:
HappySqurriel said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
sguy78 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PDF said:

it was still his congress and senate. my facts are strate. the president gets credit for what his congres does and doesn't do. u are behind. catch u

No, you need to get your facts straight. The last two years of the Bush administration the House and Senate were Democratically held.

so the republicans screwed up for 6 yr's and wouldn't help the dem's  fix there mess for the last 2.