By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGC 3.0 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

I dislike the new design.

It loads inceradily slowly.

Its white, which kills my eyes. I far preferred the darker background which limited my eyetrain.

The splitting on the site into 3 sites just doesn't make any sense. It means that information is in 3 different locations that are slow to navigate between. This is heignened by the fact that the paces load really slowly.

Several formatting issues with the forums, such as bullet points that don't actaully fit in the box that the post goes in and broken quotes.

Furthermore I'm critical of the way posts are seperated so much between the different posters, it wastes space and just means I need to use the mouse wheel more then I should. I'd prefer it to be similar to how it was.

The front page of the sales tracking website is just amaturish in its design.

No hot topics?

The forums are more difficult to browse as its in a list thats vertical as opposed to horizontal. Which means again I need to use my mouse wheel etc.

No IM, though I didn't use it much and I can understand why it was probably removed.

Overall, I find the site more complex in its navigation, induces more eyestrain, looks less professional on the tracking page and is really sluggish when loading.

So my suggestions are the following.

1: Have an option for a darker background with a lighter font so that my eyes don't die when I read this site.

2: Optimize the site so it isn't so sluggish when loading new pages?

3: horizontal forum navigation (eg have the links to the different sections of the forums in a horizontal format to increase the speed of browsing the forums).

4: Bring back hot topics? That was truly useful.

5: Bring back the old ways posts were displayed. This individual seperated boxes waste too much space.

6: Re-design the tracking website homepage, its looks less professional then it did before. It uses far too many shages of grey.

Around the Network

And not happy that the LTD graph on the Chatz fronty page has lost a decimal place making it even less accurate: PS3 is not at 35 million yet and 360 isn't at 40 million yet. Bring back the 2 decimal places please.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Please, please add a go to last page button.

Im trying to get to the end of the Trophy League thread for the past 10 mins and Im still far away.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Solid said:

I like the new site, its design makes it work proof (less ads everywhere) so my boss could think I'm on a serious site (vidjias are serious business anyway) or whatever.

Yeah the work proofness is definitely in its favour.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

marciosmg said:

Please, please add a go to last page button.

Im trying to get to the end of the Trophy League thread for the past 10 mins and Im still far away.

just scroll once backwards and it should take you to the last page.

Edit* I mean for the mean time until that's fixed of course.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

Are the graphs gone from the VGchartz section?  

I loved going back and comparing the consoles since launch of the different systems to see projections.  If they are, we should really consider bringing in more options for that section.  The site is called VGchartz afterall.

I'm going to wait a few days of fixs before moaning about the new site...

Also now I'm pink? SWEET!

Former something....

Blacksaber said:

I'm going to wait a few days of fixs before moaning about the new site...

I suggest that blacksaber is put back into his cage

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Where's the graphs? You can't be getting rid of the graphs!

Jimi Hendrix

Sorry for posting this again, but the other thread seems to be gone.

The new page is terrible to navigate. The old page was very good for having all in one place; splitting it up like this was a very bad idea. Having to go to 3 sub pages to see everything makes it much less functional and feels very disjointed.
The forum has now effectively been hidden away (=completely removed) from the main page. To make matters worse, navigating between one page of posts and the next is awful now (you can't directly go to any page or the start/end). As it is now, I don't feel like using the forum anymore.
The people who implemented the change failed to understand that form should always follow function, the main principle of marketing.

Last but not least, what's with the new color scheme? Is vgchartz Xbox-Fan Land now?

This "disimprovement" may be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me (combined with excessive (=unfair/arbitrary length) bans passed out by ban-happy mods).

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance