By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The appeal of VGChartz is gone.

Games4Fun said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

There is a reason there is a hub site, though functionality will improve as time goes by please just hold your horses lol

I know little about websites except what I do and do not like about them lol Anyways what do you mean by hub site??

This is the hub site

http://hub.vgchartz.com/

It has the newest sales, new news/reviews, and hot topics on it

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:
Games4Fun said:

I am not going to list why I am and am not liking this, but I really wish they would have waited until after E3. It is a mess to find my way aorund currently and that is very bad for when E3 comes. I might have to go elsewhere for my E3 news. =/

How is it a mess exactly? I just don't understand what you mean precisely. I mean, aren't you currently in the forums? And didn't you just post like 10 times since the new site has been up?

I can help, lol. o_O

It was so easy to see any of the forums before and a list of the topics. I did not have to click over and over just to get to where I left off on reading a topic etc etc. I am also not sure how to look up game sales and some of the other things I liked this site for. I do not know when somone has quoted me besides looking to see like I just did. ( though that was to see if Makingmusic had replied) IT was all so much more togather before I did not have to hunt down stuff I could do one simple click and in a second  was looking at what I wanted to be. The white background is blinding and I am not sure I will get use to that.

novasonic said:

Bleh, I don't know. What I used this the most for was clicking the games in my collection and wanted list to see how they're selling each week, and that doesn't happen anymore. Or at least it isn't at the moment. Hopefully they can fix that. The concept of a hub site just doesn't appeal to me though.

Don't worry, that functionality is coming back.

There will be a lot of improvements over the next week or two- we just wanted to get it up reasonably early so it could be ready, tested and fully functional by E3.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Games4Fun said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Games4Fun said:

I am not going to list why I am and am not liking this, but I really wish they would have waited until after E3. It is a mess to find my way aorund currently and that is very bad for when E3 comes. I might have to go elsewhere for my E3 news. =/

How is it a mess exactly? I just don't understand what you mean precisely. I mean, aren't you currently in the forums? And didn't you just post like 10 times since the new site has been up?

I can help, lol. o_O

It was so easy to see any of the forums before and a list of the topics. I did not have to click over and over just to get to where I left off on reading a topic etc etc. I am also not sure how to look up game sales and some of the other things I liked this site for. I do not know when somone has quoted me besides looking to see like I just did. ( though that was to see if Makingmusic had replied) IT was all so much more togather before I did not have to hunt down stuff I could do one simple click and in a second

Like Max said, the hub site (http://hub.vgchartz.com/ ) contains "Hot Topic". You can even see if there are new posts.

So for now, if you want to see who replied in the newest threads you posted in for example, well you can just see it there. I'm sure they'll bring the "red quote" stuff you're talking about though in the gamrConnect sub-site.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I am not happy that there is no link between the game's sales, and its profile on one of the other parts of the site, but that can be fixed with a simple link, give it time!

Around the Network

Im not really happy with this new layout

makes it very hard to find things.

I wish we get the old layout back ASAP

Well, I for one never cared about VGC reviews or news coverage or editorials so I'm glad I can now see the latest software/hardware/preorder charts, the Japan preview, first day sales etc without all that crap in the way.

The only thing I miss is the side bar with my recent activity (bolded red if someone quoted me). That was my favourite thing about the forums.

Overall, a massive improvement in all areas. Finally it looks like a respectable site.

I like the changes to layout to front page but forum looks like crap.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

SHMUPGurus said:
Games4Fun said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Games4Fun said:

I can help, lol. o_O

It was so easy to see any of the forums before and a list of the topics. I did not have to click over and over just to get to where I left off on reading a topic etc etc. I am also not sure how to look up game sales and some of the other things I liked this site for. I do not know when somone has quoted me besides looking to see like I just did. ( though that was to see if Makingmusic had replied) IT was all so much more togather before I did not have to hunt down stuff I could do one simple click and in a second

Like Max said, the hub site (http://hub.vgchartz.com/