By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will be more successful- Playstation Move or Project Natal?

walkerj said:
Garnett said:

Successful as in Sales or Performance?

Around the Network

Sony Move.

I think that gamers will br more comfortable with a controller that's similar to the Wii's controls than a not-a-controller similar to nothing. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

TRios_Zen said:
superchunk said:
I'd have to go with Move, simply because Natal's lack of any controller will limit its use in far more genre's. However, Move won't be massively successful either as its not a core component of the PS3 and will stagnate.

Next gen it will be interesting how these ideas are incorporated to the new consoles in a more definite manner.

I"m not sure I've ever really understood this line of thought...

Will there be games that don't require a controller?  Sure, but why on earth would MS not use natal to augment more traditional games that use a controller?

As far as your preference or expectation for which will be more succesful, I have no problem with you preferring the Move, I just think the reason you gave is a little, well overly restrictive. 

Personally I'm not sure what Sony's "sell" is; I'm really interested in seeing their marketing for Move.  Are they going to target the Wii audience?  or a hardcore one? I doubt they'd mix the message by targeting both in a big ad campaign...interesting.

Microsoft is going all in for the casual market I think; thier biggest stumbling block will be price.  If the cost of entry is too high, they'll have no chance I think.

SO Sony's marketing vs Microsoft's pricing...  haha, each companies WEAKEST possible departments I think!

Natal is being touted as a controllerless experience. I am 100% certain its going to be a horrible experience to play the greater majority of genre's without any type of controller. Am I going to continuously jump, walk, run, crouch, etc to play a platforming game? No. noone is going to do that for very long. So, to me, Natal is going to be fun for a few existing genre's and a handful of games, but that's it. It cannot be a primary controller.

Move is more like the Wiimote/nunchuk which has already proven it can successfully control any type of game, most far better than a dual analog stick. (of course when done right and not just tacked on waggle) Therefore Move has a far better ability to be usuable on most games that will come out for the system and I'd bet most games will offer two control options on the PS3. Since shooters are extreamly popular, Move might become successful on that push alone. (Wii has proven with a couple games that its shooter experience is just better)

However, the single flaw the both contain is that they are not mandatory or primary options in their respective consoles. This will inevitably make them a lower option on any developer's list of features and like most add ons, it will garner very little support.

This is why I don't think either will be huge this gen, but their refined successor's might be in the next gen.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Natal because its something fresh/new and  Move is basicly a wiimote which people can just buy a wii for

I am going to say Natal just because it seems Microsoft is going to push it strongly where as Sony does not seem like they are going to push to much if at all after this year.

When Natal launches in the fall you won't be able to buy a new 360 without having Natal..at least that is my guess.  So I'm going to assume from a sales persepective Natal is going to be far better.  

SpartenOmega117 said:

IMO Playstation Move will have better performance but Project Natal will have better sales.

How can you compare performance?

1 has 1 tracking point in 3d space and allows 2 players.

The other has 42 tracking points and upto 4 players. 

1 is full body motion control.

The other is full hand and head motion control.

As you can see, you cannot compare performance when 1 device is doing a thousand more things.

OT:

Natal will sell hugely and take the 360 above Wii sales for some time.

SpartenOmega117 said:

IMO Playstation Move will have better performance but Project Natal will have better sales.

This is MOST DEFINETELY true....

Plus Natal will grab more of the Wii crowd.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???