By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will be more successful- Playstation Move or Project Natal?

Holy shit @ the ammount of Microsoft fans rooting for Natal when all we've seen is the same hit the red ball game.....

Ohhh well then more names to add on the list when Natal fails with all this hype.

OT: I'll w8 after E3 b4 being so sure.

Around the Network
XxXProphecyXxX said:

Holy shit @ the ammount of Microsoft fans rooting for Natal when all we've seen is the same hit the red ball game.....

Ohhh well then more names to add on the list when Natal fails with all this hype.

Coming from someone who chose 1 average review of Alan Wake and out it in his sig. VGC gave it 9.2. And there is over 40 perfect review scores on the webz for Alan Wake. Sad very sad.

Maybe people think it's gonna do well because the casual market and non gaming media like it? Remeber thats the target for M$. The real sales for Wii have been casuals. Families etc who dont own a single Mario game. ( Basically everyone I know with a Wii ). 

Youtube Natal and TV shows. Man it's appeared on loads already. And then theres the massive launch, like that of the 360 in the first place. People mention about Natal's individual price. More important is that the price of 360 Natal together has to be same price as Wii or lower. If they do that, it will sell above Wii IMO. 

Like others have mentioned it depends how you measure success.

History has shown optional hardware add-ons, with the exception of primary controllers, reach 10% market share of installed base at best. That being said Natal/Move are a little unique in the way they will be heavily pushed to market.

I believe Microsoft will bundle Natal as standard with 360 Slim so every console sold going forward will contribute to Natal sales and increasing it's installed based in addition to stand alone sales.

Sony have already said they will have a PS3 Slim Move bundle but the standalone PS3 Slim will be available in parallel meaning Move will not be a compulsory purchase.

Based on this in terms of pure numbers I believe Natal will sell more.

However, in terms of software I am unconvinced Natal will have any games which appeal to their existing hardcore installed base. As revolutionary as it is I believe Natal will only be suitable for simpler games targeted at the family friendly market - a market which is already dominated by the Wii.

On the other hand Move, with high precision and buttons has an advantage. Any game which uses the standard Dualshock controller could potentially have integrated Move support. This means games can be made with the knowledge that the entire installed base can play it and if Move support adds to the game mechanics in a positive way people have the option of buying and using it.

So in terms of software support and most importantly good games I believe Move will be more successful.

selnor said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

Coming from someone who chose 1 average review of Alan Wake and out it in his sig. VGC gave it 9.2. And there is over 40 perfect review scores on the webz for Alan Wake. Sad very sad.

Maybe people think it's gonna do well because the casual market and non gaming media like it? Remeber thats the target for M$. The real sales for Wii have been casuals. Families etc who dont own a single Mario game. ( Basically everyone I know with a Wii ). 

Youtube Natal and TV shows. Man it's appeared on loads already. And then theres the massive launch, like that of the 360 in the first place. People mention about Natal's individual price. More important is that the price of 360 Natal together has to be same price as Wii or lower. If they do that, it will sell above Wii IMO. 

LOL what make your post any better than mine?

Comming from sum1 who hypes the shit out of evry 360 exclusive and root for anything MS made, does that your post any more credible than mine? If there anything that's sad here is your endless overhyping habit then you moan about ppl teasing you after the stuff you overhype didn't live up to it.

Ohh BTW I prefer PS console but unlike you I don't root on PSmove and overhype it like it's the nuke to end the world when it lands just because it's made by prefered gaming company, hell Im not even gonna buy it unless it comes out with enough worth purchasing games for me to even consider.

Not surprising to se the vast majority on here say Move.

At Pax they did a poll asking what they were more interested in either Move or Natal. 15% said Move

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/poll-gamers-more-excited-about-natal-than-move-3ds/1396004

Just another example of how this forum doesn't quite reflect the rest of the world's view :)

Me personally having read previews about Move it is just another Wii remote, i already have one of those and in all fairness i hardly ever use it anymore.

Where as i don't have something like Natal that has the ability to do all the cool things "they" say it can do (and no Eyetoy cannot do what Natal can do, one is 2d and the other is 3d for a start).

So i will say Natal, however E3 will determine if i even get that at all. If it looks boring and just another gimmick that i will use once every year then forget it. But i am sure the mrs will like it!

Comercially Natal will win hence the poll results

Around the Network
XxXProphecyXxX said:
selnor said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

Comming from sum1 who hypes the shit out of evry 360 exclusive and root for anything MS made, does that your post any more credible than mine? If there anything that's sad here is your endless overhyping habit then you moan about ppl teasing you after the stuff you overhype didn't live up to it.

Ohh BTW I prefer PS console but unlike you I don't root on PSmove and overhype it like it's the nuke to end the world when it lands just because it's made by prefered gaming company, hell Im not even gonna buy it unless it comes out with enough worth purchasing games for me to even consider.

1. I have never ever been sad enough to post any bad articles or quotes in my sig about any company. 

2. Your post points to your intention to ruin VGC into what NeoGaf is by singling out anyone thinking Natal will sell well. My post is nothing like yours.

3. I have the backing of many a Sony fan in that, I didn't and don't cry when I'm wrong. I will openly admit any mistakes I make. Anyone on this site will vouch for me there. 

4. Learn from both your sig and your post. Needless calling out, blatantly to downplay something loved by fans of a console that you just dont play is pointless and detrimental to the site. your post was unconstructive in the thread and you would do well to post constructively instead of singling any particualr people out.

Take this how you will. It's meant in the nicest possible way. Just ease back and enjoy the community. We are all part of it together.

selnor said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
selnor said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

1. I have never ever been sad enough to post any bad articles or quotes in my sig about any company. 

2. Your post points to your intention to ruin VGC into what NeoGaf is by singling out anyone thinking Natal will sell well. My post is nothing like yours.

3. I have the backing of many a Sony fan in that, I didn't and don't cry when I'm wrong. I will openly admit any mistakes I make. Anyone on this site will vouch for me there. 

4. Learn from both your sig and your post. Needless calling out, blatantly to downplay something loved by fans of a console that you just dont play is pointless and detrimental to the site. your post was unconstructive in the thread and you would do well to post constructively instead of singling any particualr people out.

Take this how you will. It's meant in the nicest possible way. Just ease back and enjoy the community. We are all part of it together.

1.sure...

2.Ruin VGC really? by singling out anyone thinking Natal will sell well? so same goes for you and others who is singling out anyone who think PSmove will sell well?

3.You dont moan? you just did with my sign now that AW didn't live up to your graphics king hype.

4. AHAHAHA your the last person to speak when it comes to post history so please.

maybe your the one who should ease back since I clearly stated in my first post that Im not gonna claim whos motion controller is gonna win or better till we get solid info after E3.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
selnor said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
selnor said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

1.sure...

2.Ruin VGC really? by singling out anyone thinking Natal will sell well? so same goes for you and others who is singling out anyone who think PSmove will sell well?

3.You dont moan? you just did with my sign now that AW didn't live up to your graphics king hype.

4. AHAHAHA your the last person to speak when it comes to post history so please.

maybe your the one who should ease back since I clearly stated in my first post that Im not gonna claim whos motion controller is gonna win or better till we get solid info after E3.

Have your moment. 

I tried. :(

Natal will sell decently... with the majority of buyers being people upgrading from the wii...

Microsoft's concern with the gradual but important shift of hardcore gamers to PS3 started a while ago, and since they didn't know if they can compete graphically over the next decade...

They developed a smart business plan to take some of the casual crowd.

Move will be cool..like the wii motes but more sensitive...they wont sell very well though... 

by the way, i think most of us arent very thrilled about either of these devices.. correct me if im wrong.. 

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

I think Move will sell more in Japan and in Europe.

Natal will sell better in America.