By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - They Call Themsel HardCore Gamer

I find the entire notion of hardcore, casual, kiddy or whatever type of games you want to call them, extremely stupid.

Seriously, people nowadays can't enjoy any game they want without putting labels on them? Just because a game looks cartoony it immediatly becomes a game for kids?

I would really love to see a kid or any newcomer into gaming getting their hands into Battletoads, Ghouls and Goblins or Contra and give up after 5 minutes because "OMG it's teh HARDZ".

Routsounmanman also gave a good example with Demon's Souls. Many people shun this generation because games are becoming "too easy". Yet when they're put with a challenge like Demon's Souls, most gamers back away from it because it's too much for them.

I've beaten Demon's Souls twice, got my platinum in it and had a 30 Black Phantom online streak. I've also defeated Ghouls and Goblins twice, one of them in professional mode. I'm currently also in the middle of finishing Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia Hard Mode Lvl. 1 Cap (ask around, it's one of the biggest challenges in gaming), with only Death and Dracula to go.

At the same time, I'm eagerly awaiting for SMG2 and Pokemon Soul Silver has been one of my favourite games this year so far.

What does that make me? Somewhere in between Über L33t hardcore gamer or casual newbie? No frigging way. I'm just a gamer that can appreciate games for what they are: A good source of fun, entertainment and mental challenge in some cases.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
I find the entire notion of hardcore, casual, kiddy or whatever type of games you want to call them, extremely stupid.

Seriously, people nowadays can't enjoy any game they want without putting labels on them? Just because a game looks cartoony it immediatly becomes a game for kids?

I would really love to see a kid or any newcomer into gaming getting their hands into Battletoads, Ghouls and Goblins or Contra and give up after 5 minutes because "OMG it's teh HARDZ".

Routsounmanman also gave a good example with Demon's Souls. Many people shun this generation because games are becoming "too easy". Yet when they're put with a challenge like Demon's Souls, most gamers back away from it because it's too much for them.

I've beaten Demon's Souls twice, got my platinum in it and had a 30 Black Phantom online streak. I've also defeated Ghouls and Goblins twice, one of them in professional mode. I'm currently also in the middle of finishing Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia Hard Mode Lvl. 1 Cap (ask around, it's one of the biggest challenges in gaming), with only Death and Dracula to go.

At the same time, I'm eagerly awaiting for SMG2 and Pokemon Soul Silver has been one of my favourite games this year so far.

What does that make me? Somewhere in between Über L33t hardcore gamer or casual newbie? No frigging way. I'm just a gamer that can appreciate games for what they are: A good source of fun, entertainment and mental challenge in some cases.

Reading this post made me pick up Order of Ecclesia again, such a nice game. Also, get MH3, lestatdark, I'd love to go hunting with you, laugh with your incompetence

twistedcellz said:

to make a long story short

Yesterday, my friend brought is little brother over. When they arrived I was playin my megaman x collection, see cuz thats one of my favorite franchise but its brother (15) who calls himself a hardcore gamer, tell me to try modern warfare 2. I told I aint feel like playin some fps and I dont like call of nooby.Then thats when the kid start to tell me Im no hardcore cuz I play kids game, he even knew who mega man was and still kept tellin that that was some kids game just like mario. I clearly made him shut the f up for tryin to diss 2 of my favorite franchise but, at the end, I thought that was pretty funny.

its funny how this generation, kids think that if a game looks cartoony its for kids
when games like mega man and metal slug are 10 to 20 times more hardcore then any fps I played.

so i would to hear what yall think about things like that and tell me if u have realized how, bcuz of the HD consoles ( more bcuz of fps this gen ), people use the term hardcore the wrong way 

PS : I made him try one lvl and he couldn't even get to the boss
and sorry if I made some mistake while writing the post Im no good with punctuation in english

Bascially my advice to you is to ignore him, I mean it does not take much skills to run and gun in MW2, I used to be rubbish at FPS at one time, but it did not take me long to adapt my skills to it.

Wheras a game like megaman undoubtfully takes a lot of skill, and often is hardcore based on gameplay alone.

The problem with today's generation is some of them are too easy pleased with certain gaming experiences, and really do not respect other peoples views or opinion's on other game's, in my view I always appeciate a harder more innovative game such as Demons Souls over MW2 any time, I find it more stimulating and rewarding.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

my neighbour is 12 and he gets bullied for playing mario,endless ocean,ratchet and clank and super smash bros brawl.seriously in my class people love the wii the girls play call of duty online with eachother.

routsounmanman said:
lestatdark said:

Reading this post made me pick up Order of Ecclesia again, such a nice game. Also, get MH3, lestatdark, I'd love to go hunting with you, laugh with your incompetence

I'll get MH3 this summer I'm on a very limited budget now, since I'm saving for a graduation trip to Holland in August xD 

I'm only buying one game each month. In May it was 3D Dot Game Heroes and in June it's going to be SMG 2

Order of Ecclesia is awesome, although it's the hardest of the exploration castlevania games ever released. Even Normal mode can be a pain to finish, much less a Hard Mode in Lvl 1 when almost every attack can kill you, even those damn skeletons do 40 damage (with Minerva Gear equipped). When you have 100 HP at the start, and 3 to 4 enemies on screen, things get ugly pretty fast  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

alot of people keep saying ignore him

its ok, he never bothered me, we just love makin fun of him cuz he always act like he so hardcore
but find games like metal slugs or contra ( and now megeman) broken bcuz of the difficulty

but just like most of you said, he's just a kid even tho I wasn't like that at his age
its more bcuz of this new generation he live in

@routsounmanman

demon souls is one of the best game this gen
and i used to play monster hunter 3 alot when it came out (we even had like a whole guild)
so what hr are u ?

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

How dare they!!!!!

They're just a couple of dumbass kids.

Meh, I fucking hate this, "old school" "hardcore" etc shit.

Play what you want to play, and don't worry about anything else. This is one major reason people are unhappy IMHO. People let stigmas and public opinion hold them back from doing the things they really want, be who they aren't, and think what they don't feel.

It goes both ways, which is why I hate mainstream and especially fucking counter culture.

people take things too serious. Video gaming is for fun. Chill out world. Everything doesnt have to be gray and realistic looking for adults to enjoy it.

Family Guy is cartoony. But its funny as hell.

There's hard core and hrad core, CoD6 is HC if we look at its sales pattern (huge launch but short legs). I can see if a game is HC by browsing GameSpot's users' ratings count (gaming sites are read/used by HC not casuals) and dividing by VGC sales data : Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wi Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus, etc. are very casual : few ratings/sales. Mario Kart, NSMB, MG, Zelda TP, SSBM, MP3 are HC.

Anyway, to me CoD6 or other games that are "cool" because it is trendy are not more hard core than others, that's just fashion like for GTA, but even if almost everybody plays CoD6 that's doesn't mean it is more HC than Mega Man.