By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy Versus XIII might not be on E3

Xxain said:
Jdevil3 said:
I really didn't want this to turn into one of those Final Fantasy hate threads :S

And why does everyone think delay=Xbox 360 version in the works? :P

The game hasn't even been announced for that platform, lol. It says it's for PlayStation 3 on Final Fantasy Versus XIII's official site :P

Versus Xlll will going to 360 thatsinevitable. Its a question of when and how will it effect the development cycle.

dude stp seying this, versus wnt go to xbox 360, dnt ruin it. i wnt this to be th best game evr, if it goes multiplat the creatve vision nomura has wnt be relized becaus he will only have 3 dvd discs to make the max of game on. i dnt car about morals, i dnt wnt game to go to xbox becaus I wnt versus to hve grfx like gow3 & unchrted 2, becaus its an action RPG it needs to hve this advantage ovr competition. If it goes multiplat ppl wnt care about it jst, it will be jst anothr game.

Around the Network
AkibaFan said:
Xxain said:
Jdevil3 said:
I really didn't want this to turn into one of those Final Fantasy hate threads :S

The game hasn't even been announced for that platform, lol. It says it's for PlayStation 3 on Final Fantasy Versus XIII's official site :P

Versus Xlll will going to 360 thatsinevitable. Its a question of when and how will it effect the development cycle.

dude stp seying this, versus wnt go to xbox 360, dnt ruin it. i wnt this to be th best game evr, if it goes multiplat the creatve vision nomura has wnt be relized becaus he will only have 3 dvd discs to make the max of game on. i dnt car about morals, i dnt wnt game to go to xbox becaus I wnt versus to hve grfx like gow3 & unchrted 2, becaus its an action RPG it needs to hve this advantage ovr competition. If it goes multiplat ppl wnt care about it jst, it will be jst anothr game.

Do I look like OTACON? im am not deciphering that.

Jdevil3 said:
Xxain said:
Jdevil3 said:

Maybe it's inevitable... but as long as they don't make it official, the game remains a PlayStation 3 exclusive and we probably shouldn't be asuming Square has started porting it to the Xbox 360 and that it will be delayed :P

We don't even know if it's being ported or not :P

There's no reason for it to be inevitable, FFXIII sales have PROVEN that PS3 can carry a FF game on its own shoulders. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Boutros said:
But I don't think "delay" is the right term.
It was never confirmed to release at a specific date in the first place so it's not exactly "delayed".

Well, in my opinion... I think that, whether they announce a release date or not, as long as they take longer to release a game because something happened, the game was delayed :P

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

darthdevidem01 said:
Carl2291 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

mtlca66 must be a genius, he's one of the only ones that did.

I never put forward a point saying you didn't want it to be on xbox 360.

You said in your own words in your first post in this thread the following

If it isn't at E3 then i will be pretty much convinced that they have delayed it even further to make a 360 version.

If true, then fuck you, Square Enix. You just lost a buyer. Will turn straight into a rental, if that.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3442854&page=1&postnum=6

1. You made 2 faulty assumptions followed by an outlandish statement with hateful tones

Your first assumption saying this means they have delayed it for xbox 360 is UNFOUNDED, I have proof* otherwise saying there were other reasons for the delay all the way back from February:

Source:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ff-versus-xiii-might-not-make-e3

Your second assumption was acting like the delay would be MASSIVE. 

You have waited for this game for 4 YEARS thinking its exclusive, now any delay cause by xbox 360 shouldn't exceed the 4 years you have already waited, in fact any delay caused by the 360 version shouldn't exceed 1 year.

And why aren't you answering my question, if you didn't know date specifics why did you make the first post you made in this thread?

Yes you did. http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3443067&page=2&postnum=14

Fair enough, that point was proven wrong. If it isn't at E3 it doesn't necessarily mean that it will be because of a 360 port. But the fact remains that if they DO make a 360 version, it will delay the release of the game. It's not like a 360 version would be made with a click of the finger.

And it's likely that the delay would still be... As you said. A delay. We don't know how long the delay would be, but it is STILL a delay. It would probably be a few months. Can i prove it? No. I don't need to. It's common sense. It took 15 weeks for 2 PS2 games to be ported to the PS3. That's close enough to 4 Months. For a couple of PS2 games. Nevermind a full HD Final Fantasy game to be ported!!

And you really want an answer to that stupid question? Fine.

If the PS3 version was to release here in January. I would buy it. If it was made Multiplat, and was to release in December. I would rent it. Happy?

1. Yes I should have said delay on that point, but I am 52% right there still.

We waited 4 YEARS thinking it was exclusive, 4 and a half if multiplat is announced around TGS

So what does a few more months of delay make a difference after waiting for 4 years, why does this "few months" turn the game from a Buy to a Rent....I mean this isn't a war.

All I know is if I waited for a game for 4.5 years & then found out it was delayed for another console and that the delay would last a few months (or heck even 12 months), I would still be JUST as hyped (providing good trailers released) & I'd still buy it.

Thank you for answering the intelligent question, so your threshold is 12 months then, even though you might get a christmas bonus in December.

What if it released in November?

Its highly unlikely it will be delayed by 12 months due to xbox 360 & its unlikely its even going to xbox 360 in the first place, this is gonna be like the MGS4 scenario, several sources say they think it might happen but it never does.

A few months in the grand scale of life isn't much. Not much at all really. But the point still stands. I shouldn't have to wait EVEN LONGER for the game. Why should i do them a good deed and buy there game at full price, if they want to screw me over and make me wait longer?

And that's you. You obviously don't mind having to wait for the game even longer. I do. And i can assure you i wont be the only one bothered by it. Opinions vary.

I never said 12 Months specifically. I was just showing you how stupid the question was. It could be twisted to go in my favour OR your favour. Would it still be a rental if it was released in November instead? Yes. Definately. But as we cannot prove the differences in release dates then it's a question that simply can't be answered properly.

Around the Network

I understand what Carl is saying, it's not fun waiting years for a game (although it'll come when it comes, no need to stamp your feet. some people need patience)

However carl, you claim you want this to come to 360, then you completely undermine it's sales potential on the 360

"just so a few people on another console can have it at the same time is simply being shit to a full userbase."

What does "full" userbase even mean?

SE will weigh up if it's worth it for them to go multi, whether Microsoft pays, or they think the extra version will make more money. Either way it's their choice, and the real FF fans will just wait (like darth)

you're not even actually waiting, just go about your daily life and play other games, does it really affect you getting it one year late ... if it does then .. wow.

darthdevidem01 said:
Jdevil3 said:
Xxain said:
Jdevil3 said:

Maybe it's inevitable... but as long as they don't make it official, the game remains a PlayStation 3 exclusive and we probably shouldn't be asuming Square has started porting it to the Xbox 360 and that it will be delayed :P

There's no reason for it to be inevitable, FFXIII sales have PROVEN that PS3 can carry a FF game on its own shoulders. 

Darth SE wants to become a EA type company. Why do you think all SE titles were MS timed Xxclusive? because they want to build a fanbase on 360, FFXlll were obviously lower than PS3 but they weren't bad and shows interest in SE titles..why keep VS another potential fanbase builder from 360?

darth, while playing the "unbiased" card, you go too far over the line.

It IS a problem if it comes out on 360.
For FF13, we KNOW that stuff was cut out. We KNOW that there was a year's delay. We KNOW that it has only sold a fraction of the ps3 version. We KNOW that exclusivity builds more hype, thereby negating the need for excessive advertising. We KNOW that exclusives sell consoles, and if people on the 360 SOMEHOW got addicted to the FF franchise through FF13, they will buy the console that has the next one as an exclusive. We KNOW that there are fanboys who've refused to buy ff13 because of the move to 360 from a console war standpoint. We KNOW that there are gamers who refuse to buy the game because they think it's gimped. We KNOW that there is a ps3 price drop coming up because Sony predicted a 25% increase for the FY, and they are profitable now which in past has resulted in a price drop.

Praising the benefits over the negatives, or vice-versa, is not a good position for argument because we still don't know the whole story. We don't know how much the extra marketing was, we don't know the cost of porting the game, and we don't even know how much was cut out. We can only guess.
At this point, fanboy argumentation is the only valuable line of reasoning, because as we saw both here and elsewhere, these decisions are costing sales.

Carl, I don't mean to call you a fanboy, I only mean to supplant the description being thrown at you and lend credit to the espoused.

darthdevidem01 said:
Jdevil3 said:
Xxain said:
Jdevil3 said:

Well, I kind of agree with you on that :P I even think that staying exclusive could Hype the game a lot and make it sell even more than if it went multiplatform... but I don't want to get involved into that discussion :P I've already seen people discussing about that and it didn't end well xD

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Jdevil3 said:
Xxain said:
Jdevil3 said:

Darth SE wants to become a EA type company. Why do you think all SE titles were MS timed Xxclusive? because they want to build a fanbase on 360, FFXlll were obviously lower than PS3 but they weren't bad and shows interest in SE titles..why keep VS another potential fanbase builder from 360?

Don't you think the amount sold on xbox 360 could have been sold on PS3? (for FFXIII)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey