By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy Versus XIII might not be on E3

darthdevidem01 said:
Carl2291 said:
dtewi said:
Carl2291 said:
dtewi said:

I wanted FFv13 since I saw that trailer for it but don't have a PS3. And probably over a million other 360 owners have.

And now that I could get it, I am happy. And maybe over a million people are as well.

It's not right to give a million people the finger since you want you've been waiting foreeeever.

Okay. So you think it IS right to give over 4 Million people, who have been promised the game as exclusive for 5 years the finger, for the sake of a userbase that WILL NOT buy the game even half as much as the PS3 userbase?

Are you seriously trying to argue that it isn't fair to ONE million people that they have to wait for a game that has been promised as an exclusive for another console? Seriously?

It's not fair for one million people to not get it since, once again, you are being impatient.

At the bolded.

That isn't relevant.

Impatient? Waiting 5 years for a game, then being annoyed when it gets delayed even more, for a console it will sell a whole lot less on... Is being impatient?

Are you purposely trying to annoy me here?

FFXII came out in 2007 spring, I waited for 3 years, where is your 5 year figure coming from?

Versus XIII was revealed at E3 2006.

Versus XIII was NOT going to release in the West this year. Would have been a push for a 2010 Japan release. It would have released 2011 in the West.

5 Years.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Carl2291 said:
dtewi said:
Carl2291 said:
dtewi said:

I wanted FFv13 since I saw that trailer for it but don't have a PS3. And probably over a million other 360 owners have.

And now that I could get it, I am happy. And maybe over a million people are as well.

It's not right to give a million people the finger since you want you've been waiting foreeeever.

Okay. So you think it IS right to give over 4 Million people, who have been promised the game as exclusive for 5 years the finger, for the sake of a userbase that WILL NOT buy the game even half as much as the PS3 userbase?

Are you seriously trying to argue that it isn't fair to ONE million people that they have to wait for a game that has been promised as an exclusive for another console? Seriously?

It's not fair for one million people to not get it since, once again, you are being impatient.

At the bolded.

That isn't relevant.

Impatient? Waiting 5 years for a game, then being annoyed when it gets delayed even more, for a console it will sell a whole lot less on... Is being impatient?

Are you purposely trying to annoy me here?

FFXII came out in 2007 spring, I waited for 3 years, where is your 5 year figure coming from?

Versus XIII was revealed at E3 2006.

Versus XIII was NOT going to release in the West this year. Would have been a push for a 2010 Japan release. It would have released 2011 in the West.

5 Years.

Are you going to rent GT5 as well?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

If GT5 gets delayed so it can release on the 360. Yes.

If not, then i will get it like i have all other GT games. When it drops in price. I'm not big on racing sims. Give me Need for Speed Underground 3 over GT5 anyday.

who cares either way? Honestly this game doesn't even look all that great after the huge dissapointment that was FFXIII. I don't know I just think this game has been MASSIVELY over hyped to the moon and back and is gonna end up just being alright. Not to mention the main characters look even more girly than ever before.

Two years ago I thought this game would be the greatest thing ever......now after waiting so long.....well my thoughts are on other games now, not ones that are basically just vaporware.

Carl2291 said:

darthdevidem01 said:

If GT5 gets delayed so it can release on the 360. Yes.

If not, then i will get it like i have all other GT games. When it drops in price. I'm not big on racing sims. Give me Need for Speed Underground 3 over GT5 anyday.

Why does that bother you?

The end product is you will be waiting for 5 years.

So let me get this straight --

If versus releases in 2011 as PS3 only you will get it

If versus releases in 2011 as multiplat you will rent it

__

Thats ridiculous carl.

Around the Network

I kinda agree with Darth...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

darthdevidem01 said:

__

Thats ridiculous carl.

Because i'm sick of waiting for it. Final Fantasy XIII i was OVER hyped for, and it didn't reach anywhere near my expectations. I'm already annoyed at them.

And it's not rediculous. It's what i call fucking over a company who fucked me over.

They want to make me wait for the game even longer than i already have, i will give them 1 less sale on the game. Simple and fair enough.

Carl2291 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

__

Thats ridiculous carl.

Because i'm sick of waiting for it. Final Fantasy XIII i was OVER hyped for, and it didn't reach anywhere near my expectations. I'm already annoyed at them.

And it's not rediculous. It's what i call fucking over a company who fucked me over.

They want to make me wait for the game even longer than i already have, i will give them 1 less sale on the game. Simple and fair enough.

Then rent it if its 5 years late on PS3 too.

Your whole reason for renting it is because its going to another console, thats IS ridiculous!

Lol, why does everyone seem to hate Square-Enix? xD

The reason why the game might not be on E3 could be the one Darthdevidem01 mentioned in the article he copy-pasted :P

We still don't know if the game is going to be delayed for an Xbox 360 release, nobody said it would... we don't even know if the game is going to be released on that platform :P

Hashimoto said a long time ago that Final Fantasy Versus XIII is going to be a PlayStation 3 exclusive game. Take a look at this interview (I'm going to post  the link to the original interview in Japanese, and then a translation I've found in the Internet :P)

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1216673_1124.html

Translation

At Microsoft's presentation?the crowd got more excited the instant that the Xbox360 version of FFXIII was announced than they did for any other title. How did you react after finishing the presentation?

Hashimoto: Among the titles with that kind of notoriety, FFXIII received the greatest cheers, so I felt a truly great response.

Kitase: We weren't able to show any new images so I was a little nervous before the presentation, but I was relieved at everyone's reaction.

This is a basic confirmation, but your presentation this time was aimed at the U.S. and European market, so you decided to sell FFXIII not just on the Playstation, but on the 360 as well, right?

Hashimoto: Precisely.

Are you really not going to sell the 360 version in Japan?

Hashimoto: We have no intention to do so whatsoever.

In that case, why not sell a 360 version of FFXIII Versus? Also, have there been any changes in the direction of the development of Agito XIII, or any other points of change?

Hashimoto: None at all. There has been no change to the plan, and we will release Versus XIII only on the PS3. I think it would be best to think of them separately. There has been no change to our plan for Agito XIII, either. As far as Versus XIII goes, Director Tetsuya Nomura is investing all of his energy into its development, and it will still be a PS3 exclusive.

I'd like to hear once more the reasoning and story behind coming to sell the PS3 and 360 versions of FFXIII only in the U.S. and Europe.

Hashimoto: Well, it's a fact that the American market, or the market of English-speaking countries has grown vastly, and we receive such strong solicitation from the users in those regions. I don't think we can ignore that. Thus, our presentation.

Kitase: After looking at these conditions, I consulted with Director Motomu Toriyama, and ultimately I made the decision.

Is there any difference in the respective content of the PS3 and 360 versions? I mean, I know that the 360 has its "Achievements" system, but...

Kitase: There may be some slight differences when it comes to such a small level as "Achievements," but no real difference in form. There is no advantage nor disadvantage to either version.

In the past, the FF series had also developed "International Versions." There wouldn't be any chance of the 360 version being sold in Japan in such a form, would there? How does that sound?

Hashimoto: You're rather hasty. *laughs* FFXIII itself isn't complete yet. There's such plan at all.

How is the release schedule?

Hashimoto: First, we'll release the PS3 version in Japan. Then we'll release the PS3 and 360 versions simultaneously in the U.S., followed shortly after by the release of the PS3 and 360 versions in Europe. However, we would like to make the timespan between the Japanese release and the U.S.-European release as short as possible.

Kitase: Rather than porting to the 360, I'd like to purely translate and localize the Japanese version and advance operations faster than they have been up to this point. It's undecided how many languages we will support, but the FF has always used English, Italian, Spanish, French, and German, so I think of that as standard.

The media format on the PS3 and 360 is fundamentally different. The data capacity varies greatly, so is it possible that the number of discs will vary between versions, or that one version's graphical quality will suffer?

Kitase: Really, nothing is set at all yet, but we will probably take a direction that allows for change in the number of discs. We intend to allow as little difference as possible in terms of graphical quality and other aspects of the game content.

So do you picture releasing the game in Japan, North America, and Europe in the same fiscal year?

Hashimoto: As far as release dates are concerned, that's something we'll start discussing once we've completed FFXIII on the PS3.

Kitase: Above all, completing the Japanese version on the PS3 as fast as possible is our first priority. After that we'll be porting and localizing the game, so, in truth, we don't actually have a release date for North America and Europe yet. We've really only just started work on the 360 version, so it's hard to gauge the development at the moment.

This presentation was truly aimed at your U.S.-European fans, wasn't it?

Hashimoto: I suppose it was. All the more reason that we presented it at E3.

Would you say that next month's ”DKS3713” is aimed at your Japanese fans?

Kitase: I can't say anything at the moment, but I hope you will all look forward to it. *laughs*

Translation Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?s=951ca29165f2c381e8818036ac9034d2&t=387874&page=19

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Ajescent said:
I kinda agree with Darth...

I way agree with Darth...he's made the better points in that convo.

I don't really understand what your saying Carl. It basically just looks like your furious it might be on the 360.  I might be wrong but that's how it appears.  Either way its not even confirmed for the 360 they might just be delaying it because Sqare Enix sucks lately anyways and don't understand how to make a project good and on a timely basis.