By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy Versus XIII might not be on E3

This was said months ago

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ff-versus-xiii-might-not-make-e3

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Xen said:
darthdevidem01 said:

The final creative decision will be Nomura;s hands, thats my assumption. Nomura has stated when XIII went multiplat that he didn't like it going multiplat.

If the final decision is in Nomura's hands the game most probably won't go multiplat, IF the final decision is in Wada's hands it probably will go multiplat

Also 1 or 2 years ago Nomura said that he told one of his team members they are focussing on taking the full specs out of PS3, so you also have to consider that it might be too late to port it to xbox 360.

@theprof00

That was in the context of it being delayed BECAUSE it was going to 360

Your pulling at straws to try to create a argument here, go bait someone else.

Wada has the final say. He's the CEO, after all. If Nomura refuses to work on it, he'll just get put off project/altogether fired. That, of course, will be awful. He's the whole drive behind this game.

Fired lol

I think nomura must have some kind of influence there though.

@dobby985

Then why do the technically best PS3 games outshine the technically best Xbox 360 games? 

Clearly the hardware isn't equal, this has been proven many many times now, no-one is saying PS3 is MUCH more powerful than 360

But I want to see how far Square can push the PS3, because their high budget games on all other systems really showcase close to the full power of the said system (be it FF7:CC, FF4 DS, Chaos Rings on iphone or even older titles on PS2/PS1/SNES (FF6) ))

Do they really? Or is this completely subjective? Anyway, wait until Gears 3 comes out.

SE are trying to break into the western market with their newly acquired franchises. They have a new Kane & Lynch, new Deus Ex and a new Tomb Raider. All these games are going to be multiplatform not PS3 exclusives. FF has proven to sell on the 360 and I don't see SE burning the 360 owners who bought their game by not giving them the next one.

darthdevidem01 said:
Carl2291 said:
dobby985 said:

SE wants to go multiplatform and be a proper 3rd party publisher instead of being Sony's second party. Especially now that they have a lot more franchises after acquiring Eidos.

If they want a fanbase on the Xbox 360 then they have to keep delivering the games.

As for the who "taking advantage of the PS3's hardware". The PS3 and the 360 are virtually the same hardware-wise. You need to learn about specs before you start talking about stuff like that.

Recent games relased have IMO at least, proven that the PS3 is beyond the 360 graphics-wise. You just need to look at the likes of Killzone, Uncharted and God of War 3. Then compare them to Mass Effect, Alan Wake... Even FFXIII on the 2 consoles.

And you need to remember, the Blu-ray drive is also part of that hardware

If we see the first 2 Blu-ray game come out of Versus XIII... Using up to 6 DVD's for a game could be seen as way too much.

I totally disagree with you!

just joking I agree with this!

But I doubt it will be on 2 blu-ray discs, if it is it'll be funny.

I WISH it was released in 2 Blu-Ray Discs :D Can you imagine the ammount of content that could be included in the game if that happened? :D

But I don't think they'll want to do that >_<

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

darthdevidem01 said:
Xen said:
darthdevidem01 said:

The final creative decision will be Nomura;s hands, thats my assumption. Nomura has stated when XIII went multiplat that he didn't like it going multiplat.

If the final decision is in Nomura's hands the game most probably won't go multiplat, IF the final decision is in Wada's hands it probably will go multiplat

Also 1 or 2 years ago Nomura said that he told one of his team members they are focussing on taking the full specs out of PS3, so you also have to consider that it might be too late to port it to xbox 360.

@theprof00

Wada has the final say. He's the CEO, after all. If Nomura refuses to work on it, he'll just get put off project/altogether fired. That, of course, will be awful. He's the whole drive behind this game.

Fired lol

@dobby985

Then why do the technically best PS3 games outshine the technically best Xbox 360 games? 

Clearly the hardware isn't equal, this has been proven many many times now, no-one is saying PS3 is MUCH more powerful than 360

But I want to see how far Square can push the PS3, because their high budget games on all other systems really showcase close to the full power of the said system (be it FF7:CC, FF4 DS, Chaos Rings on iphone or even older titles on PS2/PS1/SNES (FF6) ))

exctly, i wnt to see hw far ps3 can be pushd. becaus square push sistems technicaly like no othr 3rd party dev, but y was this? becaus there big games wer exclusive. dnt get me wrng i luv ff13, its my game of th gen but if it was a ps3 exclusve it cud hve been much more thn it is right nw, much much more in content grfx, techncal & evrything. I hve nothing agesnt xbox 360 but it is to blame for lots ov 3rd party games doowngraded

Soriku said:
Xen said:

I really doubt that'll happen so I wonder what'll happen. Nomura never said he was against multiplat development so I guess we'll see...

He never said it explicitly, though he didn't like the idea of XIII going multiplat. Imagine if that happens to his own game...

@darth: Well, that's what you might get for refusing to work, right?

@dobby: Lol "almost equal". The gap in graphics between PS3 and 360 exclusives is very, very, noticeable.

Around the Network
Jdevil3 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Carl2291 said:
dobby985 said:

SE wants to go multiplatform and be a proper 3rd party publisher instead of being Sony's second party. Especially now that they have a lot more franchises after acquiring Eidos.

If they want a fanbase on the Xbox 360 then they have to keep delivering the games.

As for the who "taking advantage of the PS3's hardware". The PS3 and the 360 are virtually the same hardware-wise. You need to learn about specs before you start talking about stuff like that.

Recent games relased have IMO at least, proven that the PS3 is beyond the 360 graphics-wise. You just need to look at the likes of Killzone, Uncharted and God of War 3. Then compare them to Mass Effect, Alan Wake... Even FFXIII on the 2 consoles.

If we see the first 2 Blu-ray game come out of Versus XIII... Using up to 6 DVD's for a game could be seen as way too much.

I WISH it was released in 2 Blu-Ray Discs :D Can you imagine the ammount of content that could be included in the game if that happened? :D

It would be so cool!!

But I don't want to expect something like that, because it probably won't happen!

@dobby

lol of course theres a difference.

Compare GOW3/Uncharted 2 with any 360 exclusive....you won't find one technically as good IMO & in the opinion of many reviewers

True but they are western franchises that have been multiplat since last gen I believe

@Xen

Yeah he would, but I doubt things would ever get that far.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

dobby985 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xen said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@theprof00

Fired lol

@dobby985

Do they really? Or is this completely subjective? Anyway, wait until Gears 3 comes out.

SE are trying to break into the western market with their newly acquired franchises. They have a new Kane & Lynch, new Deus Ex and a new Tomb Raider. All these games are going to be multiplatform not PS3 exclusives. FF has proven to sell on the 360 and I don't see SE burning the 360 owners who bought their game by not giving them the next one.

Wasn't Final Fantasy XI released in the original Xbox while Final Fantasy XII was only released on the PlayStation 2? It would be the same case, just in a different gen :P (or that's what I think, I might be wrong)

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Carl2291 said:
dobby985 said:

I don't buy this whole "filling a Blu-Ray disk" thing. The only reason games have filled a Blu-Ray is because of the large amount of cutscenes (MGS4).

The only reason FF takes up this much space is because of the exact same reason. And guess what? They can be higher res on the PS3 like they did with FFXIII, problem solved.

Games developers do not yet have the resources to create an actual game that would fill an entire 50GB Blu-Ray disk. Just-Cause 2 and WoW are not 50GB in size but they have both have worlds that dwarf the size of FFXIII.

darthdevidem01 said:
Jdevil3 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Carl2291 said:
dobby985 said:

It would be so cool!!

But I don't want to expect something like that, because it probably won't happen!

@dobby

lol of course theres a difference.

Compare GOW3/Uncharted 2 with any 360 exclusive....you won't find one technically as good IMO & in the opinion of many reviewers

True but they are western franchises that have been multiplat since last gen I believe

@Xen

Yeah he would, but I doubt things would ever get that far.

Exactly, it's totally subjective.

Anyway, More platforms = more money. SE have realised this and it's happening. Get over it.

dobby985 said:
Carl2291 said:
dobby985 said:

I don't buy this whole "filling a Blu-Ray disk" thing. The only reason games have filled a Blu-Ray is because of the large amount of cutscenes (MGS4).

The only reason FF takes up this much space is because of the exact same reason. And guess what? They can be higher res on the PS3 like they did with FFXIII, problem solved.

Games developers do not yet have the reasources to create an actual game that would fill an entire 50GB Blu-Ray disk. Just-Cause 2 and WoW are not 50GB in size but they have both have worlds that dwarf the size of FFXIII.

Final Fantasy is now filled with cutscenes though, and much higher quality than the ones seen in MGS4

Versus XIII, will be the same graphic-wise pretty much as FFXIII. Add in a huge World Map. Towns, probably... They need to go with a worldmap. It will add up. I think it COULD be the first game on 2 Blu-ray's.

Just Cause 2 and WoW don't look anywhere near as good graphically as FFXIII Neither do they have Cutscenes that look THAT good. No game has!