By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 11 movies based on games coming to theatres

only halo would interest me but as we all know games dont make great movies. directors expect the name to sell tickets but that as we all know doesnt work.

btw i enjoyed doom movie not the greatest but worth a watch

I want wii fit and I want it now

Around the Network

Ninja Gaiden would make a great movie! As long as they dont get too stupid with the story and just focus on the fighting

Coca-Cola said:

4. The Sims - wtf? How can this be a movie? "No story, no main characters, and no marketing angle? "No problem!" proclaimed 20th Century Fox"

Hmm they must have hired Uwe Boll to write, direct, and star in the movie.

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okami-The Movie.

What about Castlevania , Doom2 and the long rumored Blood Rayne 2 ?

Anyways , God of War and POP are on my watch list , and maybe Onimusha ... oh and that new CG Resident Evil Movie will be nice to :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

if the street fighter one would be like the one made by college humor, i'd be all over that.

LISMDK said:
I will definitely see Gears Of War and God Of War, and maybe Halo. I don't expect them to be good though.

Maybe they can combine the two films and call it, "Gears of God of War," or they can combine it with a third film and call it, "Gears of God of Warcraft."

superchunk said:
regin2005 said:
Someone name one movie based off of a game that was actually good?

1. Tron
2. Mortal Kombat -- It was good if you like fighting movies. However, the story of the original MK is nearly identical to Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon, which is why I like it.
3. Resident Evil

I think that is about it, but here's three.

Have you ever seen Big Trouble in Little China?  Mortal Kombat was taken in part from that movie...they took Raiden from a character in the movie and a few of the things that the MK games always say.

Thanks to kenobi after I got him to ban my old account (dallas) after someone hacked into it and being ok with me coming back under a slightly different username.  I appreciate our communication in the PMs.  Also I want to give a big thank you to vgchartz for being one of the cooler websites around. 

Oh, and I'm still the next Michael Pachter

Big Trouble in Little China - a great film.
maybe a game could be made of this movie.

Which is worse:
games made into films?
or
Movies made into games?

Can't think of any games made from movies that was actually good.