By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Project Natal Hands-On!

More accurate than any motion control? Based on what, hitting a red ball? I'm sure the wii remote can handle that as well ... I think his wanting to hate Natal, and finding it worked, so impressed him that he went overboard with his praise. Don't get me wrong, it looks fun. But grasping a ball, doesn't mean it'll translate well to 'real' games. And again, I don't see how playing a demo game makes him think this is more accurate than the wiimote.

Around the Network

sounds like another "Well BAM" moment is going to happen any second.

BTW, I thought it's called "Wave" now.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

any article that says i was highly skeptical of it and then it ends with i was totally blown away is a typical paid article by the manufacturer.. they all use same template for writing a paid article. :P

Lastgengamer said:

Preview | Project Natal Hands-On

After an explosive session with the device, I left as though I was walking on a cloud. I realised I needed to play some boring old pad controlled game for review when I got home, but I couldn’t bring myself to play the games. When you spend a short amount of time with Natal, going back to controlling your player with an analogue stick just doesn’t do it anymore. It’s like being sent back to the Stone Age.

This is where it obvious he went overboard. No matter how good Natal works I still want to play 99.9% of games with a controller, drive with a steering wheel in racing sims and uses a  stick in flight sims.

Noobie said:
any article that says i was highly skeptical of it and then it ends with i was totally blown away is a typical paid article by the manufacturer.. they all use same template for writing a paid article. :P

Yeah, lol, i was actully fooled by these lines and thought Natal/Wave might be good. i agree with people who think its gonna fail, for the simple reason i dont see why people will pay £100/$130 for this when they can buy a Wii for about that price with a better selection of games at the moment (Mario etc).

Around the Network

Natal says = you don't need to buy any controllers, just need one!
I say= but i don't wanna shoot with my hands i'm not 4years old anymore

So what he says is:

"Natal works".

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

I'm holding my opinion until E3...but my guess is Natal will be very successful.

"I have never experienced accuracy like this. I moved a finger – one finger – as it rested upon my leg. Natal detected it. I twiddled my foot slightly. Natal detected it. I sneezed. Natal detected it and offered me a tissue. No not really, but the first two are true."

This is the first time finger detection has been talked about.  Not sure if true.

This does seem like a fixed article, but even if it's real we still don't know sh*t

Again a bouncing ball game and again only one player at the same time. We still don't know if it is still accurate with multiple players, wich is pretty much the only thing that could justify the price point.