By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Project Natal Hands-On!

why does almost everyone attack Natal or Move in every thread? I mean, I know they juvent showed that much of games, technology or stuff...but still they both can be good for everyone but yet some people start attacking them as soon as they are announced...so much negativity some times.

Around the Network

I hope for the reviewer's sake that Natal is the future... and not a hug flop.
Years from now (if it was a flop) he will feel like such an idiot looking back at this review.

I personally am more excited for Natals non gaming applications. navigating through the menus with natal seems logical and fun.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Condor1980 said:

i suppose this had big whit backgrounds behind it so it could clearly distinguise the person. This is going to be an epic fail when it goes public it's going to be lauaghable. The reviewer just give it 3 and a half stars at the end, hardly revolutionary i'd say

Thats votes cast for his article and lets face it if it was people like you voting then 3 stars would be a miracle. I have no idea who this guy is but he gave us slightly more of an insight. Would of been nice if he mentioned at what stage the device he saw tested was i.e. a production device or early test device as everything up until now has been the early development devices.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
flacomeza said:
why does almost everyone attack Natal or Move in every thread? I mean, I know they juvent showed that much of games, technology or stuff...but still they both can be good for everyone but yet some people start attacking them as soon as they are announced...so much negativity some times.

Gamers..always crying for innovation and then telling the dev's a big fu** you when they bring it.

I thought this vid on gt showed a great what if from patcher...i think he has a great view of just what is ''Natal''.

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/bonusround/405?ch=2&sd=1

I dislike patcher many times on things he says...but He is who he is for a reason.

Rockyb said:
lol but they keep showin the game where u have to catch big red ball , y not show somethin betterrrrrrrr?

I am hoping it is because they want a big bang marketing hit for it at E3. The ball game demonstrates the technology, its responsiveness and accuracy in a relatively fun way that any user, journalist or reviewer can instantly understand while still leaving plenty to the imagination and not watering down any potential mass marketing push. It makes sense if that is what they are doing, could be that they have nothing else to show but given it is so close to release now I seriously doubt that.

Around the Network
selnor said:
Smidlee said:
selnor said:
The amount of people hitting out against Natal here is funny. I agree I'll reserve my judgement till it arives. ( at least about it's accuracy ). But any praise for Natal is shot down by so many opposing fans. Yet any bad things are picked up on and shown as fact. Silly guys. This is the latest hands on. After all M$ wont have stopped developing it after any hands on. So this is the latest build essentially.

IT is entirely possible you know that M$ can change gaming with a great accurate incredible device.

Do I believe it? Yes. They have the resources, and the technical minds. Could it be a paid article? Possibly, but how many paid articles can happen? The source seems very genuine. And what happens if NAtal blows people away at E3? Are the same people gonna still say everyone is paid?

All I'm saying is some here are saying the right things. Like they will reserve judgement. Others are being plain idiotic and claiming paid off. Probably because they would hate to see M$ do well in the gaming arena.

From what I've read it seems most see the source questionable while you think it's very genuine. It's the accuracy of the review more than the accuracy of Natal that's being questioned. As far as single player I thought is was already shown with Burnout that it works well enough. The person who played Burnout last year  with Natal stated that even though it work he still rather use a controller. What we don't know is how well and fast can it handle more than one person at a time.

As far as Mircosoft I have no love for them as they could not care less about me. Yet I still use Windows and own a 360. If I find anything interesting with Natal I will buy one  in spite of my lack of love for Microsoft.

Are you saying the development for Natal has stood still for nearly 12 months? How can any of us take a Hands on from 12 months ago over a recent hands on. Alot can be modified and improved in 12 months in the Gaming business. And how can anyone question the accuracy of a review when none of us have tried it like him this past 4 weeks?

Like I said, reserving judgement is fine. But making wild accusations using 6-12 month old hands on of a developing product is very bias.

First ,that's mostly what we got to go by and second for all we know those 12 months were used to find ways to make Natal/Wave cheaper. As it's already been made clearly here , Natal/Wave has to work and be extremely cheap at the same time.