By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Project Natal Hands-On!

cool

Around the Network

The amount of people hitting out against Natal here is funny. I agree I'll reserve my judgement till it arives. ( at least about it's accuracy ). But any praise for Natal is shot down by so many opposing fans. Yet any bad things are picked up on and shown as fact. Silly guys. This is the latest hands on. After all M$ wont have stopped developing it after any hands on. So this is the latest build essentially.

IT is entirely possible you know that M$ can change gaming with a great accurate incredible device.

Do I believe it? Yes. They have the resources, and the technical minds. Could it be a paid article? Possibly, but how many paid articles can happen? The source seems very genuine. And what happens if NAtal blows people away at E3? Are the same people gonna still say everyone is paid?

All I'm saying is some here are saying the right things. Like they will reserve judgement. Others are being plain idiotic and claiming paid off. Probably because they would hate to see M$ do well in the gaming arena.

Well, I do agree that people are being premature in completely dissing it. I do have a lot of questions for it, however. Does it still have 100-200 ms lag? With multiplayer, is this lag even more? Also, people are claiming it is so accurate, but how accurate is it in a game that is fast paced? People aren't going to pay $149 for a thing that only works for fun kid's games. Back to the lag, since it has 100-200 ms lag, will there be a way on Xbox Live to choose to only play against competitors who are also using Natal? Without this, you will have some people with their normal 50-100+ ms lag, and then you will have the natal users with lag of 150-300+ ms, and possibly not realizing all of your movements when you are trying to do five different things at once as you can with controllers.

Lots and lots of questions can be asked. That leads to my main question, will these all be answered at E3 this year? I honestly don't think they will. E3 will have a couple games that make it look amazingly better than it really is (whether it is really good or not). They won't pick out a game that will make it show the 100-200 ms lag. If it still has the $149 price tag, I think it will be very slow to take off as people won't know enough about it, and whether or not that it is worth that much money.

Not to praise move or anything, but if that has a good showing, it will be a hit. They are going to show it not only on casual games, but on games like Socom 4.

I have to say, i'm more excited about this E3 than any other in my life!

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
Well, I do agree that people are being premature in completely dissing it. I do have a lot of questions for it, however. Does it still have 100-200 ms lag? With multiplayer, is this lag even more? Also, people are claiming it is so accurate, but how accurate is it in a game that is fast paced? People aren't going to pay $149 for a thing that only works for fun kid's games. Back to the lag, since it has 100-200 ms lag, will there be a way on Xbox Live to choose to only play against competitors who are also using Natal? Without this, you will have some people with their normal 50-100+ ms lag, and then you will have the natal users with lag of 150-300+ ms, and possibly not realizing all of your movements when you are trying to do five different things at once as you can with controllers.

Lots and lots of questions can be asked. That leads to my main question, will these all be answered at E3 this year? I honestly don't think they will. E3 will have a couple games that make it look amazingly better than it really is (whether it is really good or not). They won't pick out a game that will make it show the 100-200 ms lag. If it still has the $149 price tag, I think it will be very slow to take off as people won't know enough about it, and whether or not that it is worth that much money.

Not to praise move or anything, but if that has a good showing, it will be a hit. They are going to show it not only on casual games, but on games like Socom 4.

I have to say, i'm more excited about this E3 than any other in my life!
I know so my families who own the Wii, and only own and play mini game type games. They arent interested in Mario Galaxy etc. Also didnt M$ say the lag was under 100MS? Also M$ are trying to sell 360's to the casuals. So 360 + Natal together will be priced around or under the wii. Perfectly targeting what they are aiming for. Yes we wil have some core games with it. But dont be fooled. M$ are after the huge market Wii has tapped into with the casuals.

naiyo said:
All I got to say is that nothing is perfect and ppl talked about the imperfections of the wiimote and PSmove but nobody and i mean NOBODY talks about any imperfections about natal and they ALWAYS play that tired ass Ricochet, the game that the balls hit 'you' and you win. That game do not show off anything about the tech.

are you in the Twilight Zone of the web or something? most of the people on the net hated even the word Natal and most of its videos seen on youtube are plagued with your so called imperfections.

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
slowmo said:
Hypocrisy - The game all fan bases can play

I know where you're coming from, but I honestly have to agree here...this article sounds a little "too" touched up. For me it honestly has nothing to do with the device in question, I can assure you that, it's just the wording of this article...

You would treat a similar story from Sony or Nintendo in the same way as this one I know, therefor my comment wasn't aimed at yourself.  There are many in this thread who cannot say the same and happily go gaga over the most blatant viral marketing if it was Sony or Nintendo.

Natal as device has always looked cool in my mind. If it works for PC, it could very well replace the mouse outside of games, in like 5 years or so. But i still don't see any game potential for it. There isn't a single great game on the Wii that couldn't be made with a regular controller, it feels like both Natal and move will be the same way.

Have to admit the OP does sound a lot like some sort of corporate shill basing a write up upon a well staged marketing pre-release promotion.

I really think it's going to take more than Ricochet (which I'm already getting tired of, despite having never even seen the game in action live, much less played it) and some staged event demonstrations to make me jump on the Natal hype train.

About the best compliment anyone should realistically be able to give Natal is that it works exactly as advertised.

About the best news MS can release is that they're not actually selling the cameras for $150.

Beyond that, show us the games at E3 so consumers can come up with legit opinions. And no, nobody needs another Ricochet demonstration. We get it; it does a great hand ball game simulation. Next please.

the ball game they show is a poor representation of the technology.
even if you stand still, theres a good chance the ball will hit you.

xbots can defend this all they like, until it proves itself like the ps move did with top spin in table tennis or headshot precision in socom 4, im not convinced at all with natal.

lets hope this e3 they got something real unlike their over exaggerated trailer or milo.

kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:
Be nice to see what else they have for E3. I'm personally looking forward to whatever they plan to do with Milo.

Is Milo actually an ongoing project?

From Feb 2010 interview with Petey:

http://www.incgamers.com/Interviews/252/igtv-peter-molyneux-interview-/2

Moving onto Project Natal quickly, I want to talk to you about Milo and how he's going to be involved in the rest of the technological advancement. Are we going to see him spread throughout different games, are we going to be able to talk to him about maybe... coming out, and being homosexual?

PM: The frustrating thing is that I am veiled. Three and a half minute experience at E3, featuring Milo, which is a character – a single character – and it was exhibiting some of the technologies that we could do with Natal. I didn't say anything more than that, and whether that was the whole game or not, and I think you'll just have to wait and see how that fits into a much, much, much bigger and much more dramatic picture.