By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Modnation Racers - PREDICT how much it will SELL LTD!

kingofwale said:
I believe I predicted 4-6 million a while back, and I'm sticking by that prediction after I bought the game and tried it out personally.

i honestly hope your right! hype it to everyone you meet

Around the Network

Rating on Amazon is quite good.

http://www.amazon.com/ModNation-Racers-Playstation-3/product-reviews/B002BRZ7JE/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

17 Reviews
5 star:    (14)
4 star:    (2)
3 star:    (0)
2 star:    (1)
1 star:    (0)

I wander if it is going to get a good word of mouth. Btw is there any correlation between user rating on Amazon and legs. :P

i am going to predict 1.8 million LTD the reason being , I think Word of mouth is going to help with the sales of MNR over time. Much like it has with other New IP's that Sony has released this generation.

Consider that by the look's of it it's going to have a second MNR created most likely due to the Game also being on the PSP.

The MNR i think is a franchise that Sony is going to Push to establish it as part of their

Play , Create , Share

stable of Game's that Sony offer in that Genre.

Sony created that Genre for the Playstation 3 to set it apart from the rest of the game console's this generation, and it seem's to be doing just that, there are other system's that have their own type of game's in this Genre no doubt, but it seem's to me with what I have seen Sony is the only one it seem's that are pushing strong in this type of Genre of game's this generation.

LBP

MNR

Joe Danger

here is a great article on this Genre:

The Play, Create, Share Revolution

by on May 26, 2010

http://gameinformer.com/blogs/members/b/linebacker40_blog/archive/2010/05/26/the-play-create-share-revolution.aspx

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

I think people should say, " Will Mod Racer outsell Mario Kart Wii?" That is a more interesting question.

Will sell 1.5m but Im just getting this feeling this will be like LBP with low opening then out of no where 3.5m sold.

Around the Network

I say 2 million LTD, it sold 54k in one day in Other, this week we will see a full week for both NA and Other.

Noobie said:

Rating on Amazon is quite good.

http://www.amazon.com/ModNation-Racers-Playstation-3/product-reviews/B002BRZ7JE/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

17 Reviews
5 star:    (14)
4 star:    (2)
3 star:    (0)
2 star:    (1)
1 star:    (0)

I wander if it is going to get a good word of mouth. Btw is there any correlation between user rating on Amazon and legs. :P

It keeps improving too mind you, and lol did you read that 2 star review? He reviewed the 'demo' LOL apparently he goes around marking down PS3 games :P what a pathetic fanboy..and that's the LOWEST rating the game has

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

joeorc said:

i there are other system's that have their own type of game's in this Genre no doubt, but it seem's to me with what I have seen Sony is the only one it seem's that are pushing strong in this type of Genre of game's this generation.

Well, that depends on the definition of "pushing strong".  I agree that while Nintendo and Microsoft have dabbled in UGC gaming recently (Kodu, Wario Ware D.I.Y.) they haven't had near the same level of promotional support that Sony's PCS line has, even if the actual creation tools are comparable.  With LBP's notable success though, it's an area I see all 3 them pushing more into in the coming years.

It's a shame though, with their IPs and brand awareness Nintendo could definitely go farther than anyone adoption wise. A level creator with NWFC sharing for NSMBWii could be HUGE, probably a 10m seller on it's own as just a tool even.

1.4 million LTD without heavy bundling, although I'd wait until this weeks charts before being 100% about that

1.8 million LTD : I dont think its got any chance of having the same success LBP had

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent