By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - BET: MNR to outsell Alan Wake!

I see a trend, Games without multiplayer have a big opening week but rarely have legs, (Heavy Rain as an exception) and Games with multiplayer have a modest or sometimes very strong opening week and have great legs. (Games with an established userbase tend to have both a strong opening week and strong legs i.e. Halo)

It makes alot of sense because the ones with multiplayer have far better replay value

Because MNR has Multiplayer, a very deep multiplayer at that, and I believe it will outsell Alan Wake, which doesn't have Multiplayer.

Around the Network

Oh what the hell ill take the bet. Even if i do think you will win! What are we gonna bet?

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

I think MNR will have legs similar to Sonic All Stars Racing.

I wouldn't be surprised if MNR has good legs. But it'll be after price cuts.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

1337 Gamer said:
Oh what the hell ill take the bet. Even if i do think you will win! What are we gonna bet?

One million dollars...

Its just for fun I guess.. Or do you really wanna bet something?

DirtyP2002 said:
Rickz0r said:
kowenicki said:
maximus22 said:
kowenicki said:
maximus22 said:
kowenicki said:
Grey21 said:
Rickz0r said:

I believe that with some nice legs, MNR has a nice shot at beating AW's sales WW.

Any1 would like to take the bet?

The bet will end on the very beginning of the next year.

I would be suprised if MNR did not outsell AW and for referrence I own a 360.

Alan Wake is a good game but obviously the concept hasn't appealed to the EU gamer. Where as MNR is a proven concept it is hard to imagine it failing more then AW.

well it failed to jump the first hurdle... opened with a smaller week than AW did in EU.  

That's to be expected though.   Alan Wake had 5 years of "best of x360" hype while MNR was announced less than a year ago.  Modnation will have big legs while Alan Wake will putter out quick. 

And yet I have seen more advertising for MNR than Alan wake...

Alkan Wake has NOT had 5 years best of 360 hype.. thats a ridiculous statement.

Not saying I dont agree with your outcome but your reasoining there is nonsense.

Wow.  First off, note the quotation marks.  Second, why is my statement ridiculous?

Was the game not announced 5 years ago?  Since the game was announced have there not been a lot of people overhyping the game?  If you try to dispute that it was a very hyped game then you are either delusional or just kidding yourself. 

If you are going to call my statements ridiculous and my reasoning nonsense, then at least have the decency to explain why.

The game was announced 5 years ago yes I dont remember AW being constantly hyped and promoted in that time and no there havent been"a lot" of people overhyping the game.....

its quite simple.....  you are massively generalising.

Maybe he's talking about other forums aswell.. I've seen quite some AW hype over the years on a couple of forums.. Although back then it wasn't a 360 exclusive. 

people said Alan Wake was canceled before E3 2009. What a hype...

When I search "Alan Wake Cancelled" at google, only the first post refers to the 360 version.. Almost ALL of the other hits are referring to the PC version.. You can't deny the fact that there was actually quite some Alan Wake hype over the years..

Around the Network

alan wake was hyped by only the really big fans of the 360. I constantly thought it wouldn't sell well because if you aren't specifically browsing through internet gaming forums you wouldn't know much about it. Not one of my friends had any idea it exists. I think MNR will outsell it not because MNR will have amazing legs, but because alan Wake will be lucky to have LT sales of 1mil.

In the meantime, apples will continue to outsell oranges?

The legs for MNR will be far longer than Alan Wake. Long-term without a doubt (Look at little big planet)

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo