By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Guerilla: Killzone 3 “pushes 100%” of PS3’s max SPU load

@ Ping_ii - Google Chrome must be manufacturing. I press ctrl f and type in 'Wii' 4 results pop up

1 is the tab up the top
2 is talking about the Wii having lots of local multiplayer
3 is you saying that people claimed the Wii has better graphics than the PS3
4 is a vgchartz link down the bottom

Now it is finding 7, with the 5th, 6th and 7th being the word Wii in my post
Now it is finding 8 because I just said Wii
Shit, 9

Care to show me where this event has occured?

Around the Network

Depending on the 3D solution used, it could well be maxing the PS3. KZ2 was very technically demanding to begin with.

Power may be at 100%, but unless they're doing that + maxing out the Blu-Ray, AND making the code AS SHORT as possible, they'll never be at 100% efficiency.

"Being single is easier on the gaming life, and the wallet."

They are just saying that the games  uses 100% of the SPUs ressouces.

They're not saying the Console can't do better graphics than that. Just that their code (as good as it is) uses all of the Cell's computing power all the time. Just like Naughty Dog said Uncharted 2 does.

Don't know what the fuss is all about.

Badassbab said:
Depending on the 3D solution used, it could well be maxing the PS3. KZ2 was very technically demanding to begin with.

Didn't they say KZ2 uses 60-70% of the PS3's power?

But still, as long as Naughty Dog's working on the graphics engine, there's nothing to worry about (the 'worry' being poor optimization of the 3D solution).

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Garnett said:
gamings_best said:

because there are tons of games that look as good as uncharted 2 and god of war on 360- OH WAIT!!!,

the last hope of 360 owners was a game that's not even HD,

Dont claim a game isnt good looking because of its Resolution. If thats true then Oregon on PC is the best looking game ever.

There are plenty of games on 360 that look as good as UC2 and GoW3, Its just PS3 owners precieve PS3 graphics as amazing even if the graphics are medicore like R2.

Yeah I know right? Oregon IS such a great looking game....actually I like california better...maybe Nevada :P

Exactly!

Not to mention the gameplay....AAA round the table.

Doobie_wop said:
Garnett said:
RockMan10 said:

Valve:  For the 360 version of [The Orange Box], we can probably say we are using around 93-94% of the console's power given our current optimization.  With the PS3, we can't exactly say what power cap we reached, since no developer really knows where the boundary is for the PS3.  We can tell you that in terms of the whole game together on the PS3, we are not even using the SPU’s and it is purely built on the graphics card and Cell.

... Not using the SPUs??

Lazy asses.

Yeah because Valve is known for there awesome, pushing the console to the max and extreme graphics.

/Sarcasm

Vavle was by a fanboy who asked "is the 360 maxed out yet? and how much is left for the ps3 version?" and he replied with that. He never made any statements like Guerrila did with KZ3.

@Doobie_wop

They are great graphics, but its all in your mind and how you think, you trick your self into thinking Uncharted 2 and GoW3 can only be done on PS3

It's kinda hard to know if those games can be done on another console, when no sort of evidence has come about to prove it. That wasn't my point though, Naughty Dog and Guerilla are fantastic developer's and they haven't disappointed yet when it comes to console graphic's.

The evidence is other games on other consoles that look just as good. ND and Guerilla know how to make amazing graphics, wish there was some developers like that on the 360.

My Fat PS3 can Handel anything, U2 does not even make it hot, it runs luke warn, and you can NEVER hear the fan, that is why when I hear people saying there fat PS3 is load, I don't get it, you can not hear my fat PS3 at all, the only way you know the fans have kicked on , is to put your hand in the back and feel the amount of air its pushing out, So Killzone 3 BRING IT , I CAN NOT WAIT GOTY !!!!!!

hehe ok guys, guess another sony thread was derailed into oblivion :D they simply meant they are making full use of the SPU's this time around....we really shouldn't be reading into it too much

Did anyone really do a 360 can't do this graphics comments earlier in the thread? I didn't see one, so I think it's like paranoia almost :P seriously guiz, take some chill pillz

and also it's kinda funny the moment someone argues back on the whole gfx on ps3 vs 360 debate, the ps3 side gets banned, but the ones who derailed the thread from the start? No problem they are not trolling at all, sorry but the moderation is being biased here imo, same with so many sony threads of late, just an observation

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

huaxiong90 said:
Kushalafang said:
disolitude said:
lol. PS3 devs sure know how to feed the fanboys with their press statements...

Are you being sarcastic? Or does the irony of your statement elude you?

I'm wondering if you actually understood what he meant.

I'm guessing not.

Anyway, 100%??? that didn't take long...but then the 360 has been maxed out a few times...and somehow MS keeps shoving new guts into everybodies 360s under the cover of night so that it can be maxed out again.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!