By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Guerilla: Killzone 3 “pushes 100%” of PS3’s max SPU load

Garnett said:@Doobie_wop

They are great graphics, but its all in your mind and how you think, you trick your self into thinking Uncharted 2 and GoW3 can only be done on PS3.

I dunno... obviously a bleeding edge gaming PC with the best CPU, Graphics card and RAM money can buy could probably spit out GoW3 or Uncharted at 1080p/60fps, but I'm not convinced that the 360 could pull them off, I just haven't seen anything that impressive on the 360 yet. (That said, I'm not trolling the 360; games like Gears 2 and Mass effect 2 still look phenomenal on it)

Around the Network
Garnett said:
RockMan10 said:

Valve:  For the 360 version of [The Orange Box], we can probably say we are using around 93-94% of the console's power given our current optimization.  With the PS3, we can't exactly say what power cap we reached, since no developer really knows where the boundary is for the PS3.  We can tell you that in terms of the whole game together on the PS3, we are not even using the SPU’s and it is purely built on the graphics card and Cell.

... Not using the SPUs??

Lazy asses.

Yeah because Valve is known for there awesome, pushing the console to the max and extreme graphics.

/Sarcasm

Vavle was by a fanboy who asked "is the 360 maxed out yet? and how much is left for the ps3 version?" and he replied with that. He never made any statements like Guerrila did with KZ3.

@Doobie_wop

They are great graphics, but its all in your mind and how you think, you trick your self into thinking Uncharted 2 and GoW3 can only be done on PS3.

because there are tons of games that look as good as uncharted 2 and god of war on 360- OH WAIT!!!,

the last hope of 360 owners was a game that's not even HD,

If a game made steam coming out of my system, I would not be playing it lol.

people it just means that they are using the SPU's properly now, it does not mena they have maximised the ps3, there is still room for improvement from this point, just watch and see

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Thing is they're saying:

"the way we know how to develop makes use of the entire SPU"

They're NOT saying:

"we're number one, we're number one! The 360 suck!"

But the kicker is.. along comes whatever developer and can say;

"the way we develop things we can get more out of the machine than GG, and still only need 90% of the SPU"

Some people, yeah im looking at You, need to do some serious soul searching because you're hurting too much by these type of statements. Its not good for your health.

Around the Network
STEKSTAV said:
Thing is they're saying:

"the way we know how to develop makes use of the entire SPU"

They're NOT saying:

"we're number one, we're number one! The 360 suck!"

But the kicker is.. along comes whatever developer and can say;

"the way we develop things we can get more out of the machine than GG, and still only need 90% of the SPU"

Some people, yeah im looking at You, need to do some serious soul searching because you're hurting too much by these type of statements. Its not good for your health.

that made me LOL

gamings_best said:

because there are tons of games that look as good as uncharted 2 and god of war on 360- OH WAIT!!!,

Dont claim a game isnt good looking because of its Resolution. If thats true then Oregon on PC is the best looking game ever.

There are plenty of games on 360 that look as good as UC2 and GoW3, Its just PS3 owners precieve PS3 graphics as amazing even if the graphics are medicore like R2.

Garnett said:
gamings_best said:

Dont claim a game isnt good looking because of its Resolution. If thats true then Oregon on PC is the best looking game ever.

There are plenty of games on 360 that look as good as UC2 and GoW3, Its just PS3 owners precieve PS3 graphics as amazing even if the graphics are medicore like R2.

Yeah I know right? Oregon IS such a great looking game....actually I like california better...maybe Nevada :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Funny Killzone 2 had some load hitch issues here and there. And their are lots of great looking games on 360. I still think Gears of war 2 is just as good in terms of graphics as Killzone 2. But in all honesty the best looking game imo is a multiplatform game which is Call of duty modern warfare 2. That game works with a more complex pattern of colors then Gears of war 2 and Killzone 2.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here; I wasn't impressed by KZ2's visuals.

For me, it had the "Conduit effect." I know technically it pushes push a lot of shaders, polygons, etc, but the repetitive industrial environments and boring art style turned me off.

Plus, there were alot of little things that irked me. The revival-beam-thingie and the flamethrower were weak effects, and cartoonish elements like the "trails" left behind grenades and some of the character's faces (lookin' at you, Natko) clashed badly with the otherwise realistic look. There were also a fair few times when I took cover and found myself staring at an ugly low-res texture.

A lot of it is probably because I was caught up in the hype over it's graphics. same thing happened with Heavy Rain, which I was also disappointed with in terms of visuals.

It's not even in the same league as games like God of War 3 and Uncharted 2 in my eyes. Now THOSE games stunned me visually!