By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Insomniac go multiplat - Choose EA

I'm glad they chose EA not activision!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
Makes sense. I get the feeling they'd have made this move earlier but were tied in with Sony owning the IP.

I hope the new IP is a good one and they get a warm welcome on 360 as I've always enjoyed their games myself.

Given the current wisdom seems to be develop for PS3 then move the code to 360 they should be well set up for success.

Interesting they have confirmed they will remain committed to PS3 exclusives, too. I guess that means at least Resistance 3 but if their multi-platform title sells well on 360 then surely they'd focus more on being fully multi-platform going forward.

No doubt this will get the expected responses from the overly biased few - from 360 fans gloating to PS3 fans moaning - but it makes sense to me.

One final point, with this plus the fallout from IW / Activision EA are suddenly getting some neat partners, no? And with Bungie going to Activision I'd say MS needs to consider either building up more 1st party or seriously commissioning some more exclusives as it feels like only Nintendo / Sony right now are well set up to deliver a steady stream of exclusives.

Note the last paragraph isn't a knock on MS, just an observation on how much the developer ecosphere has been changing recently.

I hope you don't get knocked for this, Microsoft are seriously lacking right now. At one point this gen they will have to sort it out.

If theres one thing that can be said about Insomniac now that they are with EA, if they make a PS3 / 360 title, its safe to say PS3 will be the lead console ;)
But seriously, I look forward to their new IP, never got into R&C, enjoyed the bit of RFOM I played never tried part 2..

Even without EA, the PS3 would be the lead console... Insomniac just knows it too well to lead-dev on the 360.

Well I am still glad they are still making PS3 exclusive that's great to hear.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Reasonable said:
Makes sense. I get the feeling they'd have made this move earlier but were tied in with Sony owning the IP.

I hope the new IP is a good one and they get a warm welcome on 360 as I've always enjoyed their games myself.

Given the current wisdom seems to be develop for PS3 then move the code to 360 they should be well set up for success.

Interesting they have confirmed they will remain committed to PS3 exclusives, too. I guess that means at least Resistance 3 but if their multi-platform title sells well on 360 then surely they'd focus more on being fully multi-platform going forward.

No doubt this will get the expected responses from the overly biased few - from 360 fans gloating to PS3 fans moaning - but it makes sense to me.

One final point, with this plus the fallout from IW / Activision EA are suddenly getting some neat partners, no? And with Bungie going to Activision I'd say MS needs to consider either building up more 1st party or seriously commissioning some more exclusives as it feels like only Nintendo / Sony right now are well set up to deliver a steady stream of exclusives.

Note the last paragraph isn't a knock on MS, just an observation on how much the developer ecosphere has been changing recently.

I hope you don't get knocked for this, Microsoft are seriously lacking right now. At one point this gen they will have to sort it out.

me too!  I mean it as a serious observation.  The 360 has been a big success for MS in my view but looking at it impartially they need to be careful they don't loose too much steam around core titles going forward.

I'm sure they're building a lot of stuff for Natal, and it looks likely they can depend on Epic and Valve for some decent titles - but they can't count on them.  Valve could decide to push their entire back catalogue on PS3 if they choose to, they own the IP after all, and Gears aside Epic could easily support PS3, too.  They have Mass Effect, but anything else from Bioware will be multi via EA now.  They have the studio looking after Halo but really I think they need more.

Nintendo and Sony are going to keep pumping out exclusives until the end of their consoles lives, and MS are looking a little lean on ability there, relying on deals with companies who could just as easily decide they want to go multi-platform and build their brand acorss more gamers.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Very happy for them, they would not have done this if they felt like they were not ready, and if EA screws up, SCEA will most likely be there to pick them up, so congratulations.

first i have to say thank goodness its EA and not Activision. From what it says this means they will have more time on each game they do, so great. and great that 360 owners can finally play their great games.

Reasonable said:
Seece said:
Reasonable said:

me too!  I mean it as a serious observation.  The 360 has been a big success for MS in my view but looking at it impartially they need to be careful they don't loose too much steam around core titles going forward.

I'm sure they're building a lot of stuff for Natal, and it looks likely they can depend on Epic and Valve for some decent titles - but they can't count on them.  Valve could decide to push their entire back catalogue on PS3 if they choose to, they own the IP after all, and Gears aside Epic could easily support PS3, too.  They have Mass Effect, but anything else from Bioware will be multi via EA now.  They have the studio looking after Halo but really I think they need more.

Nintendo and Sony are going to keep pumping out exclusives until the end of their consoles lives, and MS are looking a little lean on ability there, relying on deals with companies who could just as easily decide they want to go multi-platform and build their brand acorss more gamers.

It wouldn't be a problem if the 3rd party games they bought/agreement actually stayed exclusive. That would make the library stong enough Bioshock, Splinter Cell (bound to happen), Valve, GTA DLC ect, but gamers KNOW they're going to go to the PS3, so think why bother.

So when next gen starts, and Microsoft buy a bunch of 3rd party exclusives, non "720" owners arnt going to be so quick to pick the console up, they'll just wait for them to enevitably go to the PS4.

I do honestly believe they're going to sort this out soon though, they must know it's an issue.

now I dont know if I will ever buy a ps4
the only sony studio that I care about this gen has just gone multi

ps: sony has to bring a twisted metal, syphon filter or a new jak at E3
cuz besides god of war and ratchet I dont feel like IM owning the successor of the ps2 and ps1

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10