By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Insomniac go multiplat - Choose EA

I've only really liked the Ratchet and Clank series.. though i feel that too has lost its touch. They need to be multiplat to get some profits imo. But i dont think they're that good of a developer. Alot seem to like Resistance, but i dont see them as being some sort of key developer for Sony. I think its a good thing they go multiplat. Its a Win/Win imo.

Around the Network

What is the difference between these two robots?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

wholikeswood said:
Oh no. :(

Why "oh no?"

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

SaviorX said:

One's on the left and one's on the right.

Slimebeast said:
makingmusic476 said:
So they've extended their dev cycles to 24 months? This implies Resistance 3 won't be out until mid-2011. I hope they have enough time to polish it to a shine now. They could do so much with the IP, but Resistance 2 felt like it lacked a consistent direction and was rushed.

Didnt they typically have 24 month cycles already? Resistance Fall 2006 and Fall 2008. And woultnd that imply a Fall 2010 release for R3?

Not sure about Ratchet, there's 3 Ratchets out in this gen already, right? But Ratchet feels a little easier to develop than Resistance, if u excuse me (since a couple of the Ratchets didnt feel like full-blown sequels).

Aye, they have two years between releases, but their full production cycles were only ~18 months, with the other six months going towards vacation between titles and pre-production (ie, tossing around concepts while the bulk of the team work on the other IP).

Around the Network
SaviorX said:

You can't even see the third robot.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

They didn't own their IP's so like Bungie they wanted to make a little more money. I just hope they use the PS3 as lead console but I expect they will now we will just have to see what the new game is.

Good for Insomniac.
And it's even better that they didn't partner up with Activision.

Reasonable said:

Playing the 'what if...' game, if I was MS I'd:

1 - focus on Natal launch and making sure it is well supported with titles

2 - use Reach/Gears 3 to keep the hardcore happy into mid 2011

3 - back a few exclusives like Alan Wake

4 - use the back end of the generation to build up more 1st party capability to support the next Xbox

After this gen most third parties are probably going to assume a split market again, and accept supporting multiple consoles much earlier in the gen - and current trends clearly show that relying too much on third parties only seems to last so far into a consoles lifecycle if the competition keep up with you (which has been the case).

1. Done.

2. Almost done.

3. Happening right now.

4. Happening right now.

They will probably pick up another 2-3 studios on top of their present expansion of Rare, Turn 10 and Lionhead (into more than just a racing studio) however I suspect their growth will come more from internal expansion rather than external aquisitions and like 343 they will simply create new studios where there were none before.

Tease.