By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Insomniac go multiplat - Choose EA

morenoingrato said:
yes!!!
I hope multiplat means all 3, not hd plat

G4: Was this multiplatform approach borne completely out of appealing to this Xbox audience, or is this reflective of Insomniac interested in Wii or iPhone, an expanded reach outside Xbox?
    Price: For now, we're just focusing on PS3 and Xbox 360.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
BenVTrigger said:
CGI-Quality said:
BenVTrigger said:
LOL!!! I made a thread that said this was going to happen and listed all the reasons why it was inevitable and almost everyone here called me an idiot. Look who was right after all? Listen it just makes sense people need to realized that the days of 3rd party exclusives are OVER for the most part outside of rare exceptions where a project is fully funded by the console maker themselves. Insomniac hadn't seen any significant growth in a long time, their sales were stagnating and this makes perfectly logical sense. And there's people that still claim Versus XIII isn't going to go multi-plat. It will and so will Splinter Cell. Say goodbye to the days of the third party exclusives my friends.

lol.....have you read, Insomniac is still making plenty of PS3 exclusives. This here was virtually pointless.

Sure, feels nice to be right a time or two, but know everything.

yeah I read it CGI relax why are you always so dang gun shy when it comes to the PS3?  I even said in my paragraph there will still be some exclusives still from 3rd parties but they will be rare exceptions.  Last gen 3rd party exclusives were everywhere now not so much.  Not to mention with companies like Bungie and and Insomniac going multi-plat it just raises the bar for their competitors to do the same since obviously their fanbase can grow even more.  I'm just saying its a FACT that 3rd party exclusives are a dying breed.

I'm quite relaxed. And I've seen you often enough in a huff & puff over things people say about the 360, so please don't try to pull that card.

For me, this wasn't about PS3 or 360. Just telling you, since you feel so good right now about your "victory", that this move doesn't affect their on-going relationship with Sony, at all. In a sense, the people that said Insomniac would stick with Sony are correct.

no in a sense their not.  I am.  The exclusives that they are prob working on for the PS3 are either Ratchet and Clank or Resistance.  Both Sony owned and funded IP's.  Which is exactly the kind of exclusive that I said would stick around. Just like Bungie is now multi-plat but is still currently developing exclusives that MS owns, Halo Reach.  Its the exact same situation.  And I never said that it was about 360 or PS3 either, I work at Gamestop I can litteraly play any game I want for any system that kind of crap doesn't bother me in fact I strongly encourage 3rd parties to go multi because maybe it will cut down on the amount of fanboy OMG GUYZ MY CONZOLZ IZ DA BEZT CAUZE ALL DEEZ EXCLUSIVEZ FTW WTFBBQ!!!!!!!  Leave exclusives to the first parties and IP's they decided to pay for, which is exaclty the way it looks the industry is going.

vry disappointing. I hope naughty dog dusnt go. ths way no diversity will be ther in th industry

I also don't think that Bungie or Insomniac are going to sleep on developing on the other console.. They want to prove that they can develope for the other console and own at being a AAA dev team, regardless what console they ddevelope on. If they make bad ports, shit will hit the fan.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

As long as PS3 gets it too, I'm not bothered at all.

Insomniac loves sci-fi, so this one is mostly likely sci-fi too ! Can't wait for the official announcement !

Around the Network

Good news. They'll get more sales this way.

I just hope they make a game I want to buy.

woopah said:
chalk up one as correct for pachter

Yup, i cant wait for them to announce a game on 360.

I just want insomniac to be successful. They're are good/great developer, and can likely make games of uncharted 2/god of war 3 quality if given the same amount of time to make their games (though by their own choice they've made 1 great game per year rather than 1 outstanding game every 2 years).

Anyway, I think insomniac feel that they can achieve greater commercial success by going multiplatform while at the same time still developing exclusive games for the ps3. They're a large enough developer to do that.

CGI-Quality said:
BenVTrigger said:
CGI-Quality said:
BenVTrigger said:
CGI-Quality said:
BenVTrigger said:
LOL!!! I made a thread that said this was going to happen and listed all the reasons why it was inevitable and almost everyone here called me an idiot. Look who was right after all? Listen it just makes sense people need to realized that the days of 3rd party exclusives are OVER for the most part outside of rare exceptions where a project is fully funded by the console maker themselves. Insomniac hadn't seen any significant growth in a long time, their sales were stagnating and this makes perfectly logical sense. And there's people that still claim Versus XIII isn't going to go multi-plat. It will and so will Splinter Cell. Say goodbye to the days of the third party exclusives my friends.

lol.....have you read, Insomniac is still making plenty of PS3 exclusives. This here was virtually pointless.

Sure, feels nice to be right a time or two, but know everything.

yeah I read it CGI relax why are you always so dang gun shy when it comes to the PS3?  I even said in my paragraph there will still be some exclusives still from 3rd parties but they will be rare exceptions.  Last gen 3rd party exclusives were everywhere now not so much.  Not to mention with companies like Bungie and and Insomniac going multi-plat it just raises the bar for their competitors to do the same since obviously their fanbase can grow even more.  I'm just saying its a FACT that 3rd party exclusives are a dying breed.

I'm quite relaxed. And I've seen you often enough in a huff & puff over things people say about the 360, so please don't try to pull that card.

For me, this wasn't about PS3 or 360. Just telling you, since you feel so good right now about your "victory", that this move doesn't affect their on-going relationship with Sony, at all. In a sense, the people that said Insomniac would stick with Sony are correct.

no in a sense their not.  I am.  The exclusives that they are prob working on for the PS3 are either Ratchet and Clank or Resistance.  Both Sony owned and funded IP's.  Which is exactly the kind of exclusive that I said would stick around. Just like Bungie is now multi-plat but is still currently developing exclusives that MS owns, Halo Reach.  Its the exact same situation.  And I never said that it was about 360 or PS3 either, I work at Gamestop I can litteraly play any game I want for any system that kind of crap doesn't bother me in fact I strongly encourage 3rd parties to go multi because maybe it will cut down on the amount of fanboy OMG GUYZ MY CONZOLZ IZ DA BEZT CAUZE ALL DEEZ EXCLUSIVEZ FTW WTFBBQ!!!!!!!  Leave exclusives to the first parties and IP's they decided to pay for, which is exaclty the way it looks the industry is going.

In other words, if they make just ONE new IP that's PS3 exclusive, it sends your prediction tumbling down once again. And I once worked for GameStop too, which means literally nothing in the grand scheme of things.

No common ground here, agree to disagree. But I'm pretty sure Sony will see a new, exclusive IP from Insomniac along with getting the multiplat game. Their relationship will remain stronger than ever, as Ted Price put it.

no my prediction doesn't come tumbling down in any way shape or form.  The fact is that Insomniac are now a multi-plat developer even if 90% of their titles are only on PS3 they are multi-plat now whereas before they weren't.  I don't see why your so upset over accepting the fact that 3rd party exclusives are dying.  Pay attention to trends, Devil May Cry, Grand Theft Auto, Metal Gear Solid, Bungie, Ninja Gaiden, Final Fantasy, now Insomniac, the list goes on and on and on.  This is an OBVIOUS thing its not like I'm some genious who stumbled across this, people that just open their eyes and look at the industry can see how obvious it is.  Why on EARTH would you develop for only the 360 or only the PS3 when you are missing out on a massive fanbase on the other console?  People need to realize that these companies don't have console loyalty and all this bull crap people like to throw around, they are a business at the end of the day and they have employees to pay and kids to feed.  Yes there will still be 3rd party exclusives but as I've said a hundred times they are a dying breed.  

Very good for Insomniac. Hope to see some great games from them.