By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Insomniac go multiplat - Choose EA

Insomniac is too awesome to be held down to one console... or maybe EA has big money bags... who cares... Insomniac is taking over all consoles.. bitches!!! ~_n

Bungie vs Insomniac... who is the better multi-plat dev? My vote goes to Insomniac

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
Seece said:
-Newcloud- said:
kind of sad to hear i hope they can still bring out one exclusive a year

I think it'll be 1 exclusive for PS3 every 2 years, and their other dev doing the multiplatform, unless they intend to expand the studio.

I was used to Resistance, then Ratchet year on year. It doesn't matter if they keep making PS3 exclusives...if the timing gets messed up, THAT'S what I'll be mad about

Well, not sure if this's right move. I believe Insomniac multiplat game will get much, much less attention than their Sony exclusives previously. Though some people may disagree, I found their games aren't good enough to live up to the hype without brand loyality that PS fans showed to Insomniac exclusive games. I guess fanbase won't be that generous to multiplat game unless it really good, while Xbox users for instance may ignore Insomniac game completely.

BenVTrigger said:
LOL!!! I made a thread that said this was going to happen and listed all the reasons why it was inevitable and almost everyone here called me an idiot. Look who was right after all? Listen it just makes sense people need to realized that the days of 3rd party exclusives are OVER for the most part outside of rare exceptions where a project is fully funded by the console maker themselves. Insomniac hadn't seen any significant growth in a long time, their sales were stagnating and this makes perfectly logical sense. And there's people that still claim Versus XIII isn't going to go multi-plat. It will and so will Splinter Cell. Say goodbye to the days of the third party exclusives my friends.

3rd party exclusives will not be totally over, there will still be few like yakuza,Valkyria, disgaea,Gears......

Altho the ammount of 3rd party exclusives will shrink compared to the old days so yeh expect Mass effect, Splintercell, FFvs to go multi and more to come specially now were seeing independent studios that used to develop for 1 platform are now starting to make multiplat games like Bungie, Insomniac etc...

Seece said:
perpride said:
Xen said:
perpride said:
Seece said:
Well I'm glad Sony own R&C and Resistance, because I'm not interested in those franchises, however they are quality games (all 4 all just missed 90 on meta)

I hope their next franchise interests me ...

You ever think that maybe other Xbox 360-only owners might be interested in playing those games?

Don't go around picking fights...

I'm not picking fights or anything like that. It's just that the way he says he is not interested in those games makes it seem like no 360 owner is interested. It's kinda like the same thing as Metal Gear going multiplatform. Many 360 fans on these boards were saying they wouldn't play the game even if it was on 360. I can understand and respect that view, but that doesn't mean there aren't other owners out there that would enjoy those games.

Hell, I know a lot of people who would love to see Gears of War on PlayStation.

So my opinion now means it's everyone elses too??

no no, not at all what I'm saying.

But you have to admit it's quite selfish that you're glad the games wont be coming to 360 simply because you aren't interested in them. I just can't see how that could possibly make you glad. indifferent maybe, but happy that the console you love and own wont get more games?

Around the Network

Ratchet and Clank is probably going to be on hold for a while anyway. It could certainly benefit from it.

CGI-Quality said:
BenVTrigger said:
LOL!!! I made a thread that said this was going to happen and listed all the reasons why it was inevitable and almost everyone here called me an idiot. Look who was right after all? Listen it just makes sense people need to realized that the days of 3rd party exclusives are OVER for the most part outside of rare exceptions where a project is fully funded by the console maker themselves. Insomniac hadn't seen any significant growth in a long time, their sales were stagnating and this makes perfectly logical sense. And there's people that still claim Versus XIII isn't going to go multi-plat. It will and so will Splinter Cell. Say goodbye to the days of the third party exclusives my friends.

lol.....have you read, Insomniac is still making plenty of PS3 exclusives. This here was virtually pointless.

Sure, feels nice to be right a time or two, but know everything.

yeah I read it CGI relax why are you always so dang gun shy when it comes to the PS3?  I even said in my paragraph there will still be some exclusives still from 3rd parties but they will be rare exceptions.  Last gen 3rd party exclusives were everywhere now not so much.  Not to mention with companies like Bungie and and Insomniac going multi-plat it just raises the bar for their competitors to do the same since obviously their fanbase can grow even more.  I'm just saying its a FACT that 3rd party exclusives are a dying breed.

perpride said:
Seece said:
perpride said:
Xen said:
perpride said:
Seece said:
Well I'm glad Sony own R&C and Resistance, because I'm not interested in those franchises, however they are quality games (all 4 all just missed 90 on meta)

I hope their next franchise interests me ...

You ever think that maybe other Xbox 360-only owners might be interested in playing those games?

Don't go around picking fights...

I'm not picking fights or anything like that. It's just that the way he says he is not interested in those games makes it seem like no 360 owner is interested. It's kinda like the same thing as Metal Gear going multiplatform. Many 360 fans on these boards were saying they wouldn't play the game even if it was on 360. I can understand and respect that view, but that doesn't mean there aren't other owners out there that would enjoy those games.

Hell, I know a lot of people who would love to see Gears of War on PlayStation.

So my opinion now means it's everyone elses too??

no no, not at all what I'm saying.

But you have to admit it's quite selfish that you're glad the games wont be coming to 360 simply because you aren't interested in them. I just can't see how that could possibly make you glad. indifferent maybe, but happy that the console you love and own wont get more games?

I thought my post pretty much summed it up. If Ratchet and Resistance were this multiplat game, then I wouldn't be interested, but them making a new franchise, means I could be interested, meaning a game for me to play.

More money for them, it is win for gamers - PS3 or 360 owners... They have more money they can release more games...

:)

yes!!!
I hope multiplat means all 3, not hd plat