By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What makes a Final Fantasy game a Final Fantasy game?

Grimboyjr said:
naznatips said:
Probably because those are 3 of the best Final Fantasy games ever made, VI being the best.

Like I said, never was Final Fantasy fan, and I can care less about FFXIII.

So let me use an analogy:  I don't care about Artist X, but I've heard 3 or 4 of his songs and I really like one of them.  Does that make me qualified to call that song his best ever?  No.  No it ***** does not. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

@Grimboyjr

Don't worry...I've played them all and my favorite one is VIII. Everyone hates VIII. VI is my second favorite, you should give it a try.

But you still FAIL!!! (place fail image here)

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

naznatips said:
Soriku said:
Do I fail if i don't care which style (medieval, sci-fi, etc.) the FF games use?

It's called Final Fantasy.  It should be a fantasy setting, not sci-fi.  So yes,

Your a mod right?

Final-Fan said:
Grimboyjr said:
naznatips said:
Probably because those are 3 of the best Final Fantasy games ever made, VI being the best.

So let me use an analogy:  I don't care about Artist X, but I've heard 3 or 4 of his songs and I really like one of them.  Does that make me qualified to call that song his best ever?  No.  No it ***** does not. 

My opinion. I can say what I want.

What makes a FF game??

A story that still grabs your attention 8 years after you last played it...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Soriku said:
Do I fail if i don't care which style (medieval, sci-fi, etc.) the FF games use?

It's called Final Fantasy.  It should be a fantasy setting, not sci-fi. 

The problem is that they're not actually sci-fi, just a crappy mishmash of things trying and failing to be sci-fi.  That's why I don't mind the stuff in FFVI at all:  it's not sci-fi, it's not failed sci-fi -- it's technofantasy.  Fantasy with machines.  FF never provides scientific explanations for the abilities of people and devices, and I'm insulted when it pretends otherwise without actually doing otherwise. 

I would welcome actual sci-fi into FF, except for the fact that I don't think S-E is capable of pulling it off.  What with magic and summons and all being required elements of any FF game. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

I love naznatips. BEST MOD EVER.

Seriously, ****ing awesome user.

Grimboyjr said:
Final-Fan said:
Grimboyjr said:
naznatips said:

And you can be wrong.  And we can mock you for your ignorance and tell you to shut up about things you do not have the knowledge to comprehend. 

Final-Fan said:
Grimboyjr said:
Final-Fan said:
Grimboyjr said:
naznatips said:

And you can be wrong.  And we can mock you for your ignorance and tell you to shut up about things you do not have the knowledge to comprehend. 

And?

gebx said:
What makes a FF game??

A story that still grabs your attention 8 years after you last played it...

^Epic Win

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.