By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What makes a Final Fantasy game a Final Fantasy game?

The name.

Around the Network
mancandy said:
So do I fail if actually liked VII, VIII and X?

You can have your opinion, but my opinion is you

mancandy said:

No, you fail for entirely different reasons most of which relate to your favorite films. 

I got cheese!!!

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Words Of Wisdom said:
mancandy said:

No, you fail for entirely different reasons most of which relate to your favorite films. 

You know you like those...haha

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network
Grimboyjr said:
To be totally honest, I was never into Final Fantasy. I played Final Fantasy X and X-2 and I really liked them, but I got bored. Same can be said about the previous ones, I never liked the old-school. So yeah you can say I failed. But I don't care, I will play my RPG's on the Xbox 360. Never was a fan of Final Fantasy.
Then please don't make statements about which game is the best of a series you don't actually, um, care for. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
Grimboyjr said:
To be totally honest, I was never into Final Fantasy. I played Final Fantasy X and X-2 and I really liked them, but I got bored. Same can be said about the previous ones, I never liked the old-school. So yeah you can say I failed. But I don't care, I will play my RPG's on the Xbox 360. Never was a fan of Final Fantasy.

Then please don't make statements about which game is the best of a series you don't actually, um, care for.

If you do not comply, we will sick Naznatips and his never-ending supply of amusing fail pictures on you.

naznatips said:
Probably because those are 3 of the best Final Fantasy games ever made, VI being the best.

Like I said, never was Final Fantasy fan, and I can care less about FFXIII.

Soriku said:
Do I fail if i don't care which style (medieval, sci-fi, etc.) the FF games use?

It's called Final Fantasy.  It should be a fantasy setting, not sci-fi.  So yes,

Well, normally I would be the first to defend FFVII but naznatips pics made me laugh and brought a real smile to my face so I won't.

I've played them all and like FFVII the best.