By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what your top 3 gaming systems of all time and worst gaming system you own

best:

1. PC (it's a bit unfair to include it)
2. PS3 (I'm very pleased with it's current games selection and the outlook for new games)
3. Sega Saturn (the best Sega console in my opinion - Sega Rally, Nights, Panzer Dragoon 1/Zwei/Saga, Daytona USA, Saturn Bomberman .. good times)

worst:

Atari VCS2600 (the games were so unbelievable piles of crap, I can't believe I wasted 50DM (~25€) on it back then)

Around the Network

@Oniyide
I'm 18,so I didn't really have the time to get into anything,there was a Sega Megadrive in the house but I wasn't fond of it as such.We got an imported Playstation from Japan in December of 1994,and sine I've been an extremely devoted fanboy.

I'm not a prick about it.I'm not super antagonistic,like a lot of fanboys,I have my reasons about the way I am with games consoles :) I don't try and force my view on others.For example I quite dmire the dedication Nintendo fans have put in :) There's a lot of them who've been playing strictly Nintendo for nearly 27 years,which is insane if you ask me xD

I have Non Sony consoles and in the past have had every major console of the fifth,sixth and seventh gens (minus the Wii which I refuse to own).But I've traded in most other consoles and now only have the PS3.It's all I really need anyway :)

Playstation gaming for 18 years this 2012

rakugakist said:
smbu2000 said:
Top 3:
SNES
Sega Saturn
(honorable mention: Sega Genesis)

Worst: Hard to choose between these two, so I'll go with a tie between the PS3 and the 32X.

Really?  You put the PS3 on par with the 32X, but put the 360 in the top 3?  It's cool if you like the 360 more, but the 360 and PS3 have such similar libraries that I find such a drop off for PS3 strange.  You must really hate Sony.

I have about the same amount of games for my PS3 as I did for my 32x and I play them about the same amount of time. (e.g. almost never) If it wasn't for watching blu rays and dvd's I probably wouldn't even turn on the PS3.

Well my favorite 360 games aren't available on the PS3; e.g. Fable 2, ME1/2, Lost Odyssey, a lot of shmups (mainly released in Japan where the 360 is the shmup king), etc. That puts the 360 around the same place as the Genesis(hard to decide on 3/4 for these two) and above the PS2 which I also really like. I've had Sony systems since I bought my first PS1 way back in 1997.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

The best:
1. Nes(SMB 3 baby!)
2. Playstation
3. N64, but Playstation 2 is really close here.

The worst:
Don't really know, from what i owned i guess PSP but sold that thing in a matter of weeks. Otherwise Atari Jaguar, what the hell was that anyway??(also people mentioning PS2 here are obviously joking)

Best:-
- NES
- Dreamcast
- PS1

Worst:-
Wii

Around the Network

Best:
1. Wii
2. NES
3. DS or PSX (can't decide)

Worst:
Atari 5200!!!! I am not even sure why I continue to hold onto this thing.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

smbu2000 said:
rakugakist said:
smbu2000 said:
Top 3:
SNES
Sega Saturn
(honorable mention: Sega Genesis)

Worst: Hard to choose between these two, so I'll go with a tie between the PS3 and the 32X.

Really?  You put the PS3 on par with the 32X, but put the 360 in the top 3?  It's cool if you like the 360 more, but the 360 and PS3 have such similar libraries that I find such a drop off for PS3 strange.  You must really hate Sony.

I have about the same amount of games for my PS3 as I did for my 32x and I play them about the same amount of time. (e.g. almost never) If it wasn't for watching blu rays and dvd's I probably wouldn't even turn on the PS3.

Well my favorite 360 games aren't available on the PS3; e.g. Fable 2, ME1/2, Lost Odyssey, a lot of shmups (mainly released in Japan where the 360 is the shmup king), etc. That puts the 360 around the same place as the Genesis(hard to decide on 3/4 for these two) and above the PS2 which I also really like. I've had Sony systems since I bought my first PS1 way back in 1997.

I totally agree with you on the 360 Shmups.  Espgaluda II, and Mushihimesama Futari are both freakin' sweet.  I haven't played any of the others, due to them not being region free and I don't own or plan on buying a japanese 360.  I will definitely pick up Death Smiles in America though.  Cave needs to release more titles in America.

1. NES
2. SNES
3. N64

Worst: 360 (only because of rrod)

Top 3:
1. SNES
2. Wii
3. DS

Worst:
N64 (less quantity of good games, almost no RPGs)

Top 3 Favorites:

1. SEGA Saturn= Panzer Dragoon series, NiGHTS, Shining Force 3, Shining the Holy Ark, Radiant Silvergun, Sega Rally, Legend of Oasis
  2. Xbox= Halo series, Project Gotham series, Fable, Ghost Recon & Rainbow Six series, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Rallisport series, Crimson Skies
  3. SEGA Dreamcast= Shenmue, Resident Evil:CV, Crazy Taxi series, Sega Rally 2, Quake 3, Virtua Tennis, REZ, Daytona USA, Phantasy Star

Worst System:

Wii followed by the PS1.