By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what your top 3 gaming systems of all time and worst gaming system you own

Best - Snes, GameCube, PC (XP)

Worst - PS1, never been so disappointed with a console before or since.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Around the Network

Best

Sony Playstation consoles

Worst

Nintendo Consoles
Sega Consoles
Atari Consoles
...basically anything non Sony.

so-bad-it-shouldnt-have-existed

Microsoft's Xbox Division and the Xbox range of "entertainment" systems.

I am a Sony Fanboy.I repsect that other people generally don't like me or my opinions,I also respet that the companies I've listed as companies and their products that I don't like gave something to gaming that Sony couldn't or didn't.I just prefer Sony,and have grown up with Playstation.

My other reasons I don't like most other companies is cause SEGA made the unwise decission to make a new console specifically designed to combat a console that was four years old at the time,and then lost the plot.Atari...well I just don't like using their system's,too old for my liking.I don't like Nintendo cause I find their franchises to be designed by a four year old,aside from Zelda and Metroid Prime.
I don't like Xbox...because it stands in the way of my favoured consoles,and when you think about the 360,all it is at the end of the day,is a lucky dreamcast.Microsft failed to combat the playstation 2,and half way through decided fuck it we'll make a machine to target the PS2 now,instead of a machine prepared for the future (like the PS3).It's just a lucky dreamcast.

I have many logical and personal reasons for my dislike of other consoles.Beside what kind of fanboy would I be if I liked other consoles :')

I did find one use for my old old 360.I used it as a heater in the winter and when I had to hoover I used the sound of it to fake my hoovering and had a snooze.

Say I'm flaming and band me if you want mods,I pointed out that's it just my opinion that I prefer Playstation to everything else,and I do respect not everyone is wired that way,I even admire Ninty fanboys.The kind who's stuck with Nintendo from NES-Wii and everything in between.I'm the same,only for Sony.

Playstation gaming for 18 years this 2012

Jedidiah-Rose said:
Best

Sony Playstation consoles

Worst

Nintendo Consoles
Sega Consoles
Atari Consoles
...basically anything non Sony.

so-bad-it-shouldnt-have-existed

Microsoft's Xbox Division and the Xbox range of "entertainment" systems.

I am a Sony Fanboy.I repsect that other people generally don't like me or my opinions,I also respet that the companies I've listed as companies and their products that I don't like gave something to gaming that Sony couldn't or didn't.I just prefer Sony,and have grown up with Playstation.

My other reasons I don't like most other companies is cause SEGA made the unwise decission to make a new console specifically designed to combat a console that was four years old at the time,and then lost the plot.Atari...well I just don't like using their system's,too old for my liking.I don't like Nintendo cause I find their franchises to be designed by a four year old,aside from Zelda and Metroid Prime.
I don't like Xbox...because it stands in the way of my favoured consoles,and when you think about the 360,all it is at the end of the day,is a lucky dreamcast.Microsft failed to combat the playstation 2,and half way through decided fuck it we'll make a machine to target the PS2 now,instead of a machine prepared for the future (like the PS3).It's just a lucky dreamcast.

I have many logical and personal reasons for my dislike of other consoles.Beside what kind of fanboy would I be if I liked other consoles :')

I did find one use for my old old 360.I used it as a heater in the winter and when I had to hoover I used the sound of it to fake my hoovering and had a snooze.

Say I'm flaming and band me if you want mods,I pointed out that's it just my opinion that I prefer Playstation to everything else,and I do respect not everyone is wired that way,I even admire Ninty fanboys.The kind who's stuck with Nintendo from NES-Wii and everything in between.I'm the same,only for Sony.

You freakin' fanboy!

Favorites:

1) PC
2) PS2
3) PS1

Worst?

1) PC (yep top of best and bottom of worst. Expensive bugger :)
2) Original Xbox. I loved the few games I had for it, but I only played 2 games on it (Armed and Dangerous and Halo: CE)
3) Gameboy Advanced. I played the hell out of it, but I just plain hated the GBA. Once I got my SP tho, it all changed. Loved it.

you almost got me. ha ha! i don't think there is bad or worst console? i know some will say PS3 is and they don't own one, or because of it's launch without looking at how far it's come sence it's launch. but a console with great games!

how can you beat that? all consoles have appealed to surtant people. some people will have there reason's for saying a console is bad based on something, but will it be a fcat or objective OP. if i had to pick worst one. it would be 360 for it's failure rate, but if you asked if it's worth buying based on the games! i would say yes.

Around the Network

@jedidiah-rose I own all Sony consoles myself but just for the sake of curiosity what were you playing pre PS1???

Top 3

1. Ps1 (it was the first home console to sell 100 million for a reason a lot of great games)
2. Dreamcast ( it might have been segas best console ever)
3. Xbox (first console to include a hard drive and broadband connection brought pc devs to consoles and set the groundwork to push online to new heights)

Honorable mention Super Nes

Worst system none

smbu2000 said:
Top 3:
SNES
Sega Saturn
(honorable mention: Sega Genesis)

Worst: Hard to choose between these two, so I'll go with a tie between the PS3 and the 32X.

Really?  You put the PS3 on par with the 32X, but put the 360 in the top 3?  It's cool if you like the 360 more, but the 360 and PS3 have such similar libraries that I find such a drop off for PS3 strange.  You must really hate Sony.

Best
1. Turbo Duo
2. PS3

1. SNES
2. NES
3. PS2

Worst: It hurts me to say this, but because all I own at the moment are great systems, I'm gonna have to say... Genesis.