By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what your top 3 gaming systems of all time and worst gaming system you own

Top 3 in no order:
ps3, n64, and snes

Bottom 1: gamecube (would have put the wii in this list as well but 2010 has saved the system for me).

Around the Network
AkibaFan said:
best - ps3, ps2, ps1

worst - xbox, xbox 360, wii

my list plus 1

Best: PS2, SNES, Dreamcast
Worst: Wii, Saturn, Xbox.

Best:
1. Dreamcast (duh right?)
2. PS2
3. SEGA Genesis

Worst:
1. Jaguar (few good games)
2. Game Gear (fucking battery eater)

Thank god I avoided buying a 3DO. That sucker made the Jag look like the PS2 and cost an arm and a leg.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Jumpin said:
nathantay said:

Top 3 Favorites:

1. SEGA Saturn= Panzer Dragoon series, NiGHTS, Shining Force 3, Shining the Holy Ark, Radiant Silvergun, Sega Rally, Legend of Oasis
  2. Xbox= Halo series, Project Gotham series, Fable, Ghost Recon & Rainbow Six series, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Rallisport series, Crimson Skies
  3. SEGA Dreamcast= Shenmue, Resident Evil:CV, Crazy Taxi series, Sega Rally 2, Quake 3, Virtua Tennis, REZ, Daytona USA, Phantasy Star

Worst System:

Wii followed by the PS1.

The only other guy I have seen with your kind of deluded hatred towards the PSX, and wacky Sega Saturn fandom, is a forum troll from nearly 15 years ago called PSXblows. You don't happen to be that guy do you? =P

Actually I'd take Saturn over the PS1 too. Don't get me wrong they both kicked ass. But The Panzer Dragoon series, NiGHTS, and Burning Rangers will always have my heart.

Putting PS1 as worst seems a little odd though.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Around the Network

Gaming Systems? Hmm

1..Snes
2..Amiga
3..PC

thought its a tough call because i loved my atari 800 and commodore 64 too! But these few redefined videogames

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Top 3 systems all time (that i've owned)

- Playstation 2. Had so many hours of fun on the PS2 and it never broke or had any problems for me. Gran Turismo 3, NHL series, SOCOM, etc. were all awesome.

- Game Boy Advanced SP. I'm specifying the SP part because it has the awesome backlight. Good battery life as well. Oh and of course I could play Game Boy (original) games on it so I spent a ton of time on Pokemon Red/Blue and Gold/Silver.

- Xbox 360. It was a very tough choice between 360 and PS3 but I will go with 360. Now why would I pick 360 when I sold it and only have a PS3 now? Well I had countless hours of fun on Xbox Live with my friends and Xbox Live still has more features than PSN. The only drawbacks are $60/year for live and RROD (which I got once). Maybe once PSN premium comes out along with awesome online games like GT5, Killzone 3, Resistance 3, CoD Black Ops, etc. then I'd pick PS3.

Worst consoles

- Panasonic 3DO. I think my dad bought it in 1996 when I was about 5/6 years old and the only game I ever remember us playing on it was Need For Speed. I wasn't really a gamer back then but it wasn't much of a console.

- Game Boy Advance. It was a piece of shit. The games were good but the system was terrible. No backlight and a weird design. Thank goodness the GBA SP came out.

- PSP. The PSP is a really weird system. It seems like a system that can't make up its mind. Is it a a music player, a movie player or a game player? It does a lot but it doesn't do any of those things that well. Also UMD is a piece of shit, it takes like a minute to load games. Lastly the games themselves are weird, they're almost too complex for a handheld (games like GTA, GoW, etc) and I'd rather just play them on the big screen. Also the battery life is abysmal. It has some fun games but i prefer simple games like Pokemon/Mario on my handhelds. Dual Joysticks would have been a good idea and also it should fit in your hand better.

1. Wii (Just a culmination of everything I enjoy in a video game console. Incredible platformers, frantic and fun muliplayer games, and access to awesome games of old with the Virtual Console. Awesome!)

2. N64 (Plenty of great 3D Platformers and Action Adventures. This was also my first Nintendo console, so it introduced me to a great cast of characters.)

3. Genesis (I never had a large library of games for this console, but I did have the Sonic games. And they were awesome. Doesn't get much better than a controller in your hand and Sonic & Knuckles in the system.)

"Worst": GameBoy Color (I just never took the chance to really give this handheld a go. It was my Pokemon Red/Blue player. Much more deserving than the chance I gave it. Ah well. )

top 3
1. Sony Playstation
2. Nintendo 64
3. Super Nintendo

worst that I own: GBA (not really bad at all though)