By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Am I wrong in thinking Final Fantasy XIII sales are good?

It did fine in Japan, it's unreasonable to expect any console game released nowadays in Japan to compare with Japanese console games from last gen - handhelds just hold too much of the market now.

Dragon Quest X ain't gonna outsell Dragon Quest IX for the same reason (And I doubt Dragon Quest VIII).

Very good outside of Japan too, they certainly sorted out their marketing in Europe this time round.

Around the Network

It sold on brand name alone, really for the hype of the game it should've sold more, a lot more, especially since it was MP and came out after the slim was out.

its not doing too hot in the west in my opinion, especially when a "niche" series like GOD OF WAR is doing much better than FF..

mM
AkibaFan said:
wh told u it sold bad?

@kingofwale

it ddnt sell only on brnd name if it hs outsold th last 2 big ones (ffx-2 & almst ffxii)

You did.

It has been in development a very long time, but I would have thought it has made a profit by now, though not as large as earlier games.

If you want me to reply, quote me pls!

Around the Network
ElGranCabeza said:
It sold on brand name alone, really for the hype of the game it should've sold more, a lot more, especially since it was MP and came out after the slim was out.

Yeah true, but i think it was the negative reviews which really hurt it. i think if the reviews had've been a lot stronger then it would have sold much better than it did.

AkibaFan said:

it is a flop in jpn (wrst selling)

massive success in west like i hve sed before. (one ov th best selling)

You need to really stop, I will get arrogant so fast.

Again: FFXIII DID NOT FLOP IN JAPAN

It's not a matter of opinion, yes it did not sell as well as other previous ones, which it's going to do anyway.

Flop: to fail completely, the game did not fail, it was the 5th best selling game in japan in 2009 and it was relaesed in december, late december.

Now, STOP, please!

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

yes been Multi platform and brand name are the main reasons it sold that much, i think it would have sold much more on 360 if it had better quality. X360 owner are action driven and FF13 has an auto pilot so it wouldn't appeal much to them, just sitting there watching what the AI does with "your" party its not exactly action.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

psrock said:
AkibaFan said:

You need to really stop, I will get arrogant so fast.

Again: FFXIII DID NOT FLOP IN JAPAN

It's not a matter of opinion, yes it did not sell as well as other previous ones, which it's going to do anyway.

Flop: to fail completely, the game did not fail, it was the 5th best selling game in japan in 2009 and it was relaesed in december, late december.

Now, STOP, please!

IT DID FLOP IN JAPAN

u need to accpt th fact, jst like ppl her saying sales are unimpressive in west need to accpt its done vry vry gud sales in west.

luk at legs in jpn, it sold mor in ameria & othrs this week thn it hs in jpn since the year strted, if tht isn't a flop wht is one dude?

fact - ff13 flopped in jpn, time to get ovr it

fact - it will be one ov the bst selling in west, amazing sales in west

I also belive it flpped on xbox 360.

@leo-j

compre it to other ff's, nt a seprate series

AkibaFan said:

I hate how people think this.

FFXIII has been barely out in Japan, there's still greatest hits, re-releases, international versions of FFXIII that's yet to be released, all other Final Fantasy games got big boosts from these re-releases. Just like how recently Resident Evil 5 was re-released and had a huge boost in sales for Japan.