By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Am I wrong in thinking Final Fantasy XIII sales are good?

Solid_Snake4RD said:

wat kingofwale daid wasn't manuplating info,even you don't know what happened so don't say he manuplated it.

he didn't say FF13 was bad because of 360,he said it didn't have the quality in general and didn't point to 360.if your mind doesn't go away from taking it in the wrong direction then that is your fault

even if he did mean that,just say that you don't think FF13 was bad becuase of 360 and especially don't tell people to "shut up"

You haven't been around the forums the past few days have you?

There have been enormous amounts of FF13 bashing due to the 360 and I don't think kingofwale was thinking it was bad due to SE being lazy.

And I reserve the right to tell anyone to shut up.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
dtewi said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
dtewi said:
kingofwale said:

for the quality of the game, it sold well. Translation: it sold purely on brand name.... and hence failed to expand the market.

remember the key word: QUALITY.

I shall not mention the possible cause of such lack of "quality", it is for another time, another thread.

I'm getting tired of all of you complaining about how FF13 sucked because of the 360.

Shut up.

this is a public forum so don't tell user to shut up,give your opinion but not act like you control their speech

It isn't an opinion that FF13 sucked because of the 360.

I have the right to be angry with anyone who manipulates information to come up with the (false) idea that FF13 sucked due to the 360.

please feel free to point where I have mentioned xbox 360... or even mentioned another console for that matter?

this is a forum of sensible debate, if you can't handle it, either don't participate.... or follow your own advice of "shut up"

:)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:

please feel free to point where I have mentioned xbox 360... or even mentioned another console for that matter?

So then why was FF13 bad?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

AkibaFan said:
wh told u it sold bad?

@kingofwale

it ddnt sell only on brnd name if it hs outsold th last 2 big ones (ffx-2 & almst ffxii)

That's not saying much.  FFX-2 is a sequel.  It didn't come close to FFX's sales.  And FFXII is considered by many to be a failure because it deviated so much from the conventional FF formula that fans are used to.

It wasn't the best FF game. But it still has over 5 Million units sold for both the PS3 / 360.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
dtewi said:
kingofwale said:

the quality of the game. It is one of the lowest scored FF main series games out there. Look for proof no further than any of the review sites. Metacritic included

i mentioned that in my first post

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
dtewi said:
kingofwale said:

the quality of the game. It is one of the lowest scored FF main series games out there. Look for proof no further than any of the review sites. Metacritic included

i mentioned that in my first post

You're said FF13 is bad because it was bad.

WHY was it bad?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
kingofwale said:

FF13 didn't suck because of the 360.  It sucked because it was poorly designed and the story was boring as hell.  This is the first FF game where I actually found myself dozing off in the middle of playing because it was so dry and slow.  

It's not a bonafied success or failure.

From an absolute standpoint, 5.3M+ units is very good. From a relative standpoint, it's probably going to match or exceed FFXII. That's also good.

But from a relative standpoint, just matching FFXII isn't particularly good -- there was far more riding on FFXIII than there was on FFXII. It's also reasonable to assume that it is a far more expensive game to produce. It required two platforms to match FFXII's on, which is not an insignificant fact: another way to put this is that the final, major weapon SE had to increase unit sales has been used, and all it did was halt franchise decline, not reverse it. And even that may be momentary. We'll have to see. 

My analysis: FFXIII certainly made money, but did nothing to stimey the general, gradual downward trend of this franchise. We aren't talking franchise collapse here, a la Sonic -- again, this has been much more gradual.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:

It's not a bonafied success or failure.

From an absolute standpoint, 5.3M+ units is very good. From a relative standpoint, it's probably going to match or exceed FFXII.

But from a relative standpoint, just matching FFXII isn't particularly good -- there was far more riding on FFXIII than there was on FFXII. It's also reasonable to assume that it is a far more expensive game to produce. It required two platforms to match FFXII's on, which is not an insignificant fact: another way to put this is that the final, major weapon SE had to increase unit sales has been used, and all it did was halt franchise decline, not reverse it. And even that may be momentary. We'll have to see. 

My analysis: FFXIII certainly made money, but did nothing to stimey the general, gradual downward trend of this franchise. We aren't talking franchise collapse here, a la Sonic -- again, this has been much more gradual.

*ignores post*

Bodhesatva!

You haven't been here in a while.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you