By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Am I wrong in thinking Final Fantasy XIII sales are good?

Gilgamesh said:
AkibaFan said:
Gilgamesh said:
AkibaFan said:
Gilgamesh said:
AkibaFan said:
Gilgamesh said:
AkibaFan said:

it is a flop in jpn (wrst selling)

massive success in west like i hve sed before. (one ov th best selling)

I hate how people think this.

FFXIII has been barely out in Japan, there's still greatest hits, re-releases, international versions of FFXIII that's yet to be released, all other Final Fantasy games got big boosts from these re-releases. Just like how recently Resident Evil 5 was re-released and had a huge boost in sales for Japan.

u hve no proof re-releses do well for ff games in jpn. sounds like damage control to me.

In 2002 Final Fantasy X international sold 240K, in 2003 the Final Fantasy X Mega Hits sold 160K. In 2004 Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last mission sold 290K. In 2006 Final Fantasy X Ultimate sold 83K and had a total sales of 130K for just that edition. Final Fantasy VII International sold 150K. You wanted proof theres your proof, these numbers come from Famitsu.

Final Fantasy XIII will easily pass 2 million.

I'm still willing to bet, 1.95 million you think is it's maximum? lol alright, what do you want to bet?

ok 2 million will be th bet. unluckily for u th dev team sed ther wud be no international edition.

I thought you said 1.95 million? why the sudden change? lol

Doesn't matter if there's no international version, all it takes is 1 re-release to sell 100K copies.

it is nt getting a re-release, they sed no internatinal version, thts only re-release ff games get, lol u need to do research.

@ail

in jpn it didnt tho

International isn't the only re-release FF games get??

There's Ultimate hits, Mega hits, Playstation 3 the best, there's not going to be only 1 copy of Final Fantasy XIII in Japan, also I'm skeptical that they won't release an International version, I'd say in a years time that'll be out.

we will see

Around the Network
AkibaFan said:

it is a flop in jpn (wrst selling)

massive success in west like i hve sed before. (one ov th best selling)

Do you know what "flop" mean, AkibaFan?

Some people need to learn what the term "flop" means.

The game has surpassed FFIX, is about to pass FFXII and has only been out for ~6 months and is only ~1.5M behind FFX.

It also sold less in Japan, but the userbase size is smaller. The game has ~40%+ attach rate in Japan.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

What???

FFXIII did amazing sale in Japan.
Fantastic sales in Western.

One of the best RPG and best seller HD RPG this gen.

No.

With Legs alone it should surpass FFXII with just PS3 sales once the months go by, the holiday season hits and it gets a price cut. Just consider the 360 sales icing on the cake. I don't think it will reach FF7,FF8 or X sales... but is that really fair considering the install bases at the time?

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
mtlca66 said:
dtewi said:
kingofwale said:

for the quality of the game, it sold well. Translation: it sold purely on brand name.... and hence failed to expand the market.

remember the key word: QUALITY.

I shall not mention the possible cause of such lack of "quality", it is for another time, another thread.

I'm getting tired of all of you complaining about how FF13 sucked because of the 360.

Shut up.

I'm sorry but where did he mention 360 in any of his post? The game lacked quality cuz the game sucked imo. Whether that is because the 360 or not no one will know for sure. The game just wasn't good except for its pretty graphics.

He implied it and I'm certain the he meant 360.

Also, quality is subjective. IMO, the game was good.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

AkibaFan said:
wh told u it sold bad?

@kingofwale

it ddnt sell only on brnd name if it hs outsold th last 2 big ones (ffx-2 & almst ffxii)

FF12 was released after FF13,Versus,AGITO announcement

FF10-2 was almost the same as FF10 with new story

didn't sell well for a new FF in the GEN plus the hype it has a t starting of the gen

dtewi said:
kingofwale said:

for the quality of the game, it sold well. Translation: it sold purely on brand name.... and hence failed to expand the market.

I shall not mention the possible cause of such lack of "quality", it is for another time, another thread.

I'm getting tired of all of you complaining about how FF13 sucked because of the 360.

Shut up.

this is a public forum so don't tell user to shut up,give your opinion but not act like you control their speech

Solid_Snake4RD said:
dtewi said:
kingofwale said:

Shut up.

this is a public forum so don't tell user to shut up,give your opinion but not act like you control their speech

It isn't an opinion that FF13 sucked because of the 360.

I have the right to be angry with anyone who manipulates information to come up with the (false) idea that FF13 sucked due to the 360.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
dtewi said:
kingofwale said:

Shut up.

It isn't an opinion that FF13 sucked because of the 360.

I have the right to be angry with anyone who manipulates information to come up with the (false) idea that FF13 sucked due to the 360.

wat kingofwale daid wasn't manuplating info,even you don't know what happened so don't say he manuplated it.

he didn't say FF13 was bad because of 360,he said it didn't have the quality in general and didn't point to 360.if your mind doesn't go away from taking it in the wrong direction then that is your fault

even if he did mean that,just say that you don't think FF13 was bad becuase of 360 and especially don't tell people to "shut up"