By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix’s Nier Initially Was a 360 Exclusive

I'm detecting lots of anger in this thread. This will teach Square-Enix to put a game on the PS3!

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Amazing how 1.91M sales is disappointing now. Man most of the HD game sales this gen just suck a horses ass then.

quite relative. games such as FF, Halo, Mario, GT, Wii### franchise. 1.9 million is a disgrace

those are premium franchise, and should be expected to sell millions.

as for FF becoming medicore, just look at reviews. Dropping fro low 90 average for FF10 and FF12, to low 80 in FFXIII

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Hero_time88 said:
The Xbox Man said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
The Xbox Man said:
kingofwale said:
NiKKoM said:
Lol.. first people are bitching about FF13 going mulitplatform.. and how it should stayed an exclusive.. and now they are bitching about Nier was to be an exclusive and thank god it went mulitplatform...

Anyway.. it's a Cavia game.. they haven't made any PS3 game before but they did some 360 games... so it's not strange they targeted the 360.. they probably got some help from SE to get it on the PS3..

the key word is... Does it grow the brand???

I bring the example of GTA4. which clearly is a great move going multi. Since it sold much better.

but with SE. is it worth the extra effort and manpower and delay to gain the what? 1 and half million xbox sales LT???

And more ridiculously, is it really worth the cash to bring many and many of its title as time xbox exclusive?

Yes, you do get cash up front, but are you growing your brand? To me, the answer is no.

look no further than SE's profit

Last time I checked GTA4 sold less than GTA:SA.

Last time I checked FF13 is on its way to sell much more than FF12 & be one of the most successful (possibly outselling FF7 in europe) Final Fantasie's in the west (where it was multiplat).

No you sound ridiculous, you PS3 fans spent the majority of last week saying how multiplat games sell less than exclusive ones, now your moving goalposts hahaha.

GTA4 in 2008 when PS3 sales were low benefited alot from going multi-plat and at that dtage in a GEN did very well with console sales being low

FF13 on the other hand sold badly accoring to its expectations and the platforms HW sales.Just because it sold better than FF12 doesn't mean it was better than GTA4 performance

FF13 hype and everything surrounding it plus it being the first FF this gen had bad sales,if PS3 has the old $399 price tag,it would have doen even worse

kingofwale is  correct and not atlall sounding ridiculous.

ok i'm done talking with you. Anyone saying they are bad sales shouldn't even be on a sales site.

@johnytesta

According to user reviews FF13 is loved by many many people, thats why it has sold so much & the fact xbox 360 helped it in sales.

user reviews where pretty mixed:

Customer Reviews

Final Fantasy XIII

137 Reviews
5 star:    (34)
4 star:    (33)
3 star:    (29)
2 star:    (25)
1 star:    (16)

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIII-Xbox-360/dp/B001CMIUYS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1274626123&sr=8-2

And it won't surpass FFVIII or FFX by any means. They might ship some more units this winter with the release of a budget version, and it looks like the Chinese edition might sell decently (which VGchartz probably won't track), but that's about it.

I use Playfire.com for user reviews since "anyone can't vote randomly" & because they get a very high number in.

FF13 is a 4.4/5 there, matching FF8, FF10

above the 4.0/5 for FF12

and above 3/5 for FFX-2 (why is that so low?)

On VGChartz is average review score is 9.5/10. However like I stated I prefer to use playfire as you get a wide variety of people voting not limited to a single demographic.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
The Xbox Man said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
The Xbox Man said:
kingofwale said:
NiKKoM said:
Lol.. first people are bitching about FF13 going mulitplatform.. and how it should stayed an exclusive.. and now they are bitching about Nier was to be an exclusive and thank god it went mulitplatform...

Anyway.. it's a Cavia game.. they haven't made any PS3 game before but they did some 360 games... so it's not strange they targeted the 360.. they probably got some help from SE to get it on the PS3..

I bring the example of GTA4. which clearly is a great move going multi. Since it sold much better.

but with SE. is it worth the extra effort and manpower and delay to gain the what? 1 and half million xbox sales LT???

And more ridiculously, is it really worth the cash to bring many and many of its title as time xbox exclusive?

Yes, you do get cash up front, but are you growing your brand? To me, the answer is no.

Last time I checked FF13 is on its way to sell much more than FF12 & be one of the most successful (possibly outselling FF7 in europe) Final Fantasie's in the west (where it was multiplat).

No you sound ridiculous, you PS3 fans spent the majority of last week saying how multiplat games sell less than exclusive ones, now your moving goalposts hahaha.

GTA4 in 2008 when PS3 sales were low benefited alot from going multi-plat and at that dtage in a GEN did very well with console sales being low

FF13 on the other hand sold badly accoring to its expectations and the platforms HW sales.Just because it sold better than FF12 doesn't mean it was better than GTA4 performance

FF13 hype and everything surrounding it plus it being the first FF this gen had bad sales,if PS3 has the old $399 price tag,it would have doen even worse

ok i'm done talking with you. Anyone saying they are bad sales shouldn't even be on a sales site.

@johnytesta

According to user reviews FF13 is loved by many many people, thats why it has sold so much & the fact xbox 360 helped it in sales.

oh you don't like people proving you wong so you stop talking to them

Anyone saying they are bad sales shouldn't even be on a sales site - LMAO

jsut because i said and FF13's sales were bad,I should be on a sales site.WTF does that mean?Here members track sales but just because they are sales doesn't mean they can't be bad

according to user reviews alot of people hated it too and it was't as high as other FF games and revoews were way below par,

360 helped its sales but PS3 sales alone would have been higher with the exclusivity

not really.

I'm not the person saying the top selling console RPG's sales this generation are bad. According to user reviews I checked a lot of people hated the 12th & 8th instalments too.

The Xbox Man said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
AaronSOLDIER said:
If MS leave the industry after this or next gen, the Sony fans will not forgive them and the company will be fucked.

TBH I haven't enjoyed anything from them since Crisis Core so I don't really care what happens to them.

even if MS doesn't leave,Square Enix's franchises are becoming mediocre and when these franshises don't have any impact in JAPAN and everywhere else.MS will itself stop exclusivity for them and that time they will be fucked either way even with PS platform

Do you have proof saying their franchises are becoming mediocre? No the opinion of 10 ps3 fans who are still hurt over E3 2008 doesn't count. I'm talking user reviews on a large scale. Playfire is a good source for user reviews, I'll check that.

I have told you before FF7 & FF10 sold so well because JRPG's were big back then (theres a 4 year gap between their releases), people cared about JRPG's. Its been 9 years since a Final Fantasy has sold this well in a generation where no-one cares about JRPG's, people care about FPS games & WRPG's now. be happy FF13 has sold what it sold, I'm shocked its kept itself relevant in this generation by becoming the top selling RPG on consoles.

what prooft are you talking about.its not something that is tangible that you will get a proof

PLAyfire is a good source? then also go to gamespot,IGN,etc if you want it on a large scale user review

if JRPG's has declined by your saying then why don't compare other games sales,for example how much ever popular FPS's are they don't sell above 10m but MW2 sold that much because of its hype and publicity.nobody ever expected it too.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
Wagram said:
Amazing how 1.91M sales is disappointing now. Man most of the HD game sales this gen just suck a horses ass then.

quite relative. games such as FF, Halo, Mario, GT, Wii### franchise. 1.9 million is a disgrace

as for FF becoming medicore, just look at reviews. Dropping fro low 90 average for FF10 and FF12, to low 80 in FFXIII

FF is not as big as Mario.

and Halo sales in Japan must ab e a tradgedy then.

and who cares what the damn review score is? So many games this gen are over-rated anyways. MW2 score is bought and there is no way GTA4 is a 98.

and it is a known fact that western reviewers are heavily JRPG biased this gen anyways.

The Xbox Man said:
Hero_time88 said:
The Xbox Man said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
The Xbox Man said:
kingofwale said:
NiKKoM said:

@johnytesta

user reviews where pretty mixed:

Customer Reviews

Final Fantasy XIII

137 Reviews
5 star:    (34)
4 star:    (33)
3 star:    (29)
2 star:    (25)
1 star:    (16)

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIII-Xbox-360/dp/B001CMIUYS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1274626123&sr=8-2

And it won't surpass FFVIII or FFX by any means. They might ship some more units this winter with the release of a budget version, and it looks like the Chinese edition might sell decently (which VGchartz probably won't track), but that's about it.

I use Playfire.com for user reviews since "anyone can't vote randomly" & because they get a very high number in.

FF13 is a 4.4/5 there, matching FF8, FF10

above the 4.0/5 for FF12

and above 3/5 for FFX-2 (why is that so low?)

On VGChartz is average review score is 9.5/10. However like I stated I prefer to use playfire as you get a wide variety of people voting not limited to a single demographic.

but you were talking about user review on large scale,you might want to get to know user reviews from other sites

The Xbox Man said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
The Xbox Man said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
The Xbox Man said:
kingofwale said:
NiKKoM said:

@johnytesta

oh you don't like people proving you wong so you stop talking to them

Anyone saying they are bad sales shouldn't even be on a sales site - LMAO

jsut because i said and FF13's sales were bad,I should be on a sales site.WTF does that mean?Here members track sales but just because they are sales doesn't mean they can't be bad

according to user reviews alot of people hated it too and it was't as high as other FF games and revoews were way below par,

360 helped its sales but PS3 sales alone would have been higher with the exclusivity

not really.

I'm not the person saying the top selling console RPG's sales this generation are bad. According to user reviews I checked a lot of people hated the 12th & 8th instalments too.

yeah they were bad and they didn't sell well

Wagram said:
kingofwale said:
Wagram said:

and who cares what the damn review score is? So many games this gen are over-rated anyways. MW2 score is bought and there is no way GTA4 is a 98.

and it is a known fact that western reviewers are heavily JRPG biased this gen anyways.

FF is not as big as mario but it is one of the elite franshise that has lived a long time and you expect it to sell well

many people just didn't feel like buying it and many other didn't get to know about it as the hype just fell down

Wagram said:
kingofwale said:
Wagram said:

Of course there are always biase, and overrating. But that is it

There has ALWAYS been those factors. and yet, you can't possbily explain a 10 point drop from last iteration without factoring the most obvious truth... That the game just isn't up to normal FF standard

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)