By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix’s Nier Initially Was a 360 Exclusive

The Xbox Man said:
kingofwale said:
The Xbox Man said:
kingofwale said:
NiKKoM said:
Lol.. first people are bitching about FF13 going mulitplatform.. and how it should stayed an exclusive.. and now they are bitching about Nier was to be an exclusive and thank god it went mulitplatform...

Anyway.. it's a Cavia game.. they haven't made any PS3 game before but they did some 360 games... so it's not strange they targeted the 360.. they probably got some help from SE to get it on the PS3..

the key word is... Does it grow the brand???

I bring the example of GTA4. which clearly is a great move going multi. Since it sold much better.

but with SE. is it worth the extra effort and manpower and delay to gain the what? 1 and half million xbox sales LT???

And more ridiculously, is it really worth the cash to bring many and many of its title as time xbox exclusive?

Yes, you do get cash up front, but are you growing your brand? To me, the answer is no.

look no further than SE's profit

Last time I checked GTA4 sold less than GTA:SA.

Last time I checked FF13 is on its way to sell much more than FF12 & be one of the most successful (possibly outselling FF7 in europe) Final Fantasie's in the west (where it was multiplat).

No you sound ridiculous, you PS3 fans spent the majority of last week saying how multiplat games sell less than exclusive ones, now your moving goalposts hahaha.

last time I checked, FF13 going multiplaform did not come close to achieve the effect as GTA4 going multi.

Sadly, FF13's success has more to do with the recent explosion of PS3 sales than anything xbox contributed. Frankly, if the game HAD been exclusive, with less privacy, SE would be making more money. What's the latest download torrent for FF13??? 2.1 million?

But more critical mistakes by SE is making some games time exclusive (or exclusive all together) for xbox.

What effect are you looking for? GTA4 isn't selling as well as the previous GTA which is San Andreas

FF13 in the west (where its multi) has already outsold the previous Final Fantasy (12) & is on its way to reach FF8/FF10 level sales, in europe FF7 level sales. Is that not an effect? Is the xbox not contributing there? Is it just the PS3 thats helped it reach that number? The region where FF13 is exclusive is where it has underperformed.

Torrents don't matter since people who get games of torrents don't usually buy them.

The Xbox Man this is your first FF you have no idea what was lost trying to please the western market, just look at how the game did in japan.

Ill put in perspective, people that buy a JRPG is like people that go from US to the caribeans, they want to feel the sun, eat native food, dance to native music, when a true JRPG fan buys a JRPG is because it want the traditional JRPG elements in his game. Now if you go to a vacation in the caribeans and end up listening to rock music, eating mcdonalds and in a office you dont feel like you had a vacation at all, you feel like you didnt get out of your country. Based on this analogy FF was succesful game if you wanted a western game coming from japan, but it was a complete fail if you wanted a japanese RPG coming from japan.

OT:

Square has their eyes set on the western market and they think the 360 is the way to get it, also M$ has their eyes set on japanesse market and thinks that square is the way to get it

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network
radha said:
The Xbox Man said:
kingofwale said:
The Xbox Man said:
kingofwale said:
NiKKoM said:
Lol.. first people are bitching about FF13 going mulitplatform.. and how it should stayed an exclusive.. and now they are bitching about Nier was to be an exclusive and thank god it went mulitplatform...

Anyway.. it's a Cavia game.. they haven't made any PS3 game before but they did some 360 games... so it's not strange they targeted the 360.. they probably got some help from SE to get it on the PS3..

the key word is... Does it grow the brand???

I bring the example of GTA4. which clearly is a great move going multi. Since it sold much better.

but with SE. is it worth the extra effort and manpower and delay to gain the what? 1 and half million xbox sales LT???

And more ridiculously, is it really worth the cash to bring many and many of its title as time xbox exclusive?

Yes, you do get cash up front, but are you growing your brand? To me, the answer is no.

look no further than SE's profit

Last time I checked GTA4 sold less than GTA:SA.

Last time I checked FF13 is on its way to sell much more than FF12 & be one of the most successful (possibly outselling FF7 in europe) Final Fantasie's in the west (where it was multiplat).

No you sound ridiculous, you PS3 fans spent the majority of last week saying how multiplat games sell less than exclusive ones, now your moving goalposts hahaha.

last time I checked, FF13 going multiplaform did not come close to achieve the effect as GTA4 going multi.

Sadly, FF13's success has more to do with the recent explosion of PS3 sales than anything xbox contributed. Frankly, if the game HAD been exclusive, with less privacy, SE would be making more money. What's the latest download torrent for FF13??? 2.1 million?

But more critical mistakes by SE is making some games time exclusive (or exclusive all together) for xbox.

What effect are you looking for? GTA4 isn't selling as well as the previous GTA which is San Andreas

FF13 in the west (where its multi) has already outsold the previous Final Fantasy (12) & is on its way to reach FF8/FF10 level sales, in europe FF7 level sales. Is that not an effect? Is the xbox not contributing there? Is it just the PS3 thats helped it reach that number? The region where FF13 is exclusive is where it has underperformed.

Torrents don't matter since people who get games of torrents don't usually buy them.

The Xbox Man this is your first FF you have no idea what was lost trying to please the western market, just look at how the game did in japan.

Ill put in perspective, people that buy a JRPG is like people that go from US to the caribeans, they want to feel the sun, eat native food, dance to native music, when a true JRPG fan buys a JRPG is because it want the traditional JRPG elements in his game. Now if you go to a vacation in the caribeans and end up listening to rock music, eating mcdonalds and in a office you dont feel like you had a vacation at all, you feel like you didnt get out of your country. Based on this analogy FF was succesful game if you wanted a western game coming from japan, but it was a complete fail if you wanted a japanese RPG coming from japan.

OT:

Square has their eyes set on the western market and they think the 360 is the way to get it, also M$ has their eyes set on japanesse market and thinks that square is the way to get it

That's quite ironic. That is the way I feel about alot of your posts. ^^

Wagram said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Wagram said:
kingofwale said:
Wagram said:
kingofwale said:
Wagram said:
Amazing how 1.91M sales is disappointing now. Man most of the HD game sales this gen just suck a horses ass then.

quite relative. games such as FF, Halo, Mario, GT, Wii### franchise. 1.9 million is a disgrace

those are premium franchise, and should be expected to sell millions.

as for FF becoming medicore, just look at reviews. Dropping fro low 90 average for FF10 and FF12, to low 80 in FFXIII

FF is not as big as Mario.

and Halo sales in Japan must ab e a tradgedy then.

and who cares what the damn review score is? So many games this gen are over-rated anyways. MW2 score is bought and there is no way GTA4 is a 98.

and it is a known fact that western reviewers are heavily JRPG biased this gen anyways.

Of course there are always biase, and overrating. But that is it

There has ALWAYS been those factors. and yet, you can't possbily explain a 10 point drop from last iteration without factoring the most obvious truth... That the game just isn't up to normal FF standard

or Square just didn't pay enough as Activision.

and it's funny how you keep mentioning XII as this awesome FF when it is widely regarded by fans to be the most controversial. Even more-so than XIII. (Even though XII is awesome)

just because some companies paid for doesn't mean everybody does.

MGS4,LBP,Uncharted deserved their high scores even though they didn't pay for it.

FF was good and as an FF fan from around 12 years i would support it but if i was told to rank FF game from FF7 in ranking order.FF13 would have been last

Good for you? Just because YOU don't like it that much doesn't mean others don't.

AM not saying it either but majority do and the reviews too

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Wagram said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Wagram said:
kingofwale said:
Wagram said:
kingofwale said:
Wagram said:
Amazing how 1.91M sales is disappointing now. Man most of the HD game sales this gen just suck a horses ass then.

quite relative. games such as FF, Halo, Mario, GT, Wii### franchise. 1.9 million is a disgrace

as for FF becoming medicore, just look at reviews. Dropping fro low 90 average for FF10 and FF12, to low 80 in FFXIII

and who cares what the damn review score is? So many games this gen are over-rated anyways. MW2 score is bought and there is no way GTA4 is a 98.

and it is a known fact that western reviewers are heavily JRPG biased this gen anyways.

There has ALWAYS been those factors. and yet, you can't possbily explain a 10 point drop from last iteration without factoring the most obvious truth... That the game just isn't up to normal FF standard

and it's funny how you keep mentioning XII as this awesome FF when it is widely regarded by fans to be the most controversial. Even more-so than XIII. (Even though XII is awesome)

MGS4,LBP,Uncharted deserved their high scores even though they didn't pay for it.

FF was good and as an FF fan from around 12 years i would support it but if i was told to rank FF game from FF7 in ranking order.FF13 would have been last

Good for you? Just because YOU don't like it that much doesn't mean others don't.

The game has about the same score as FF8+10 from the community. It just doesn't have the same critical score.

This game has not generated good reviews and the sales are weak, so It's looking like a flop either way.

Honestly every game should be multi platform.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

Would have been better if it stayed excklusive, even in Japan he sales would have been better because the XBox fanbase is pretty hardcore and they buy every RPG.

Just look at the Last Remnant, it received horrible critics and most people didn't like it (although personally I did) and it still sold over half a million while Nier bombed on multiplatform.

Wagram said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Wagram said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Wagram said:
kingofwale said:
Wagram said:
kingofwale said:
Wagram said:

The game has about the same score as FF8+10 from the community. It just doesn't have the same critical score.

if you really want to know what the community thinks then you will have to get every FF13 owners review.And no way is FF13 better than FF10

and thats where critics come in place

even i personally loved FF13 and is one of my top games this gen cause i support FF series from a long time but it could have been better

MonstaMack said:
This game has not generated good reviews and the sales are weak, so It's looking like a flop either way.

Honestly every game should be multi platform.

yeah nomally they should but this could have benfited if it wasn't.

next time they should build both version together of multi-plat and announce it together so that everybody is content

Ehh... 7 first and one last... I disagree :P

I find the first game so underrated, I think all the rehashings have turned people off. If you look at when it came out, and the structure of the game it was actually very well done. I think it effectively used it's plot unlike a few of them. My rating would go like this:

6>9>10>7>4>1>13>8>5>12>3>2 Not rating 11, but I played it for awhile.

I thought 13 had a lot of issues, pacing was terrible. Still thought overall a decent game, I liked the combat. One thing that bothered me a bit was I felt this game had no 'epic' monsters. Even though I didn't like 12 very much I think it had a bunch better range of enemies.

wasnt this about NIER, I think Squeenix pulled there head out there ass by NOT making it 360 exclusive. Its a damn JRPG!!! how much people were going to buy it???

@ xbox man, I agree with most of your posts, but your making it seem like the 360 really "boosted" the sales. I agree that 1mil+ is nothing to sneeze at, it still got its ass kicked by the PS3 version, thats not even counting the Japan sales. Even with MS exclusive advertisment they got their ass kicked in the US. so much for "FF13 will sell better on 360 in the US"