By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix’s Nier Initially Was a 360 Exclusive

kingofwale said:
The Xbox Man said:
kingofwale said:
NiKKoM said:
Lol.. first people are bitching about FF13 going mulitplatform.. and how it should stayed an exclusive.. and now they are bitching about Nier was to be an exclusive and thank god it went mulitplatform...

Anyway.. it's a Cavia game.. they haven't made any PS3 game before but they did some 360 games... so it's not strange they targeted the 360.. they probably got some help from SE to get it on the PS3..

the key word is... Does it grow the brand???

I bring the example of GTA4. which clearly is a great move going multi. Since it sold much better.

but with SE. is it worth the extra effort and manpower and delay to gain the what? 1 and half million xbox sales LT???

And more ridiculously, is it really worth the cash to bring many and many of its title as time xbox exclusive?

Yes, you do get cash up front, but are you growing your brand? To me, the answer is no.

look no further than SE's profit

Last time I checked GTA4 sold less than GTA:SA.

Last time I checked FF13 is on its way to sell much more than FF12 & be one of the most successful (possibly outselling FF7 in europe) Final Fantasie's in the west (where it was multiplat).

No you sound ridiculous, you PS3 fans spent the majority of last week saying how multiplat games sell less than exclusive ones, now your moving goalposts hahaha.

last time I checked, FF13 going multiplaform did not come close to achieve the effect as GTA4 going multi.

Sadly, FF13's success has more to do with the recent explosion of PS3 sales than anything xbox contributed. Frankly, if the game HAD been exclusive, with less privacy, SE would be making more money. What's the latest download torrent for FF13??? 2.1 million?

But more critical mistakes by SE is making some games time exclusive (or exclusive all together) for xbox.

correct

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
The Xbox Man said:
kingofwale said:
NiKKoM said:
Lol.. first people are bitching about FF13 going mulitplatform.. and how it should stayed an exclusive.. and now they are bitching about Nier was to be an exclusive and thank god it went mulitplatform...

Anyway.. it's a Cavia game.. they haven't made any PS3 game before but they did some 360 games... so it's not strange they targeted the 360.. they probably got some help from SE to get it on the PS3..

I bring the example of GTA4. which clearly is a great move going multi. Since it sold much better.

but with SE. is it worth the extra effort and manpower and delay to gain the what? 1 and half million xbox sales LT???

And more ridiculously, is it really worth the cash to bring many and many of its title as time xbox exclusive?

Yes, you do get cash up front, but are you growing your brand? To me, the answer is no.

Last time I checked FF13 is on its way to sell much more than FF12 & be one of the most successful (possibly outselling FF7 in europe) Final Fantasie's in the west (where it was multiplat).

No you sound ridiculous, you PS3 fans spent the majority of last week saying how multiplat games sell less than exclusive ones, now your moving goalposts hahaha.

last time I checked, FF13 going multiplaform did not come close to achieve the effect as GTA4 going multi.

Sadly, FF13's success has more to do with the recent explosion of PS3 sales than anything xbox contributed. Frankly, if the game HAD been exclusive, with less privacy, SE would be making more money. What's the latest download torrent for FF13??? 2.1 million?

But more critical mistakes by SE is making some games time exclusive (or exclusive all together) for xbox.

What effect are you looking for? GTA4 isn't selling as well as the previous GTA which is San Andreas

FF13 in the west (where its multi) has already outsold the previous Final Fantasy (12) & is on its way to reach FF8/FF10 level sales, in europe FF7 level sales. Is that not an effect? Is the xbox not contributing there? Is it just the PS3 thats helped it reach that number? The region where FF13 is exclusive is where it has underperformed.

Torrents don't matter since people who get games of torrents don't usually buy them.

If MS leave the industry after this or next gen, the Sony fans will not forgive them and the company will be fucked.

TBH I haven't enjoyed anything from them since Crisis Core so I don't really care what happens to them.

The Xbox Man said:
kingofwale said:
NiKKoM said:

GTA4 in 2008 when PS3 sales were low benefited alot from going multi-plat and at that dtage in a GEN did very well with console sales being low

FF13 on the other hand sold badly accoring to its expectations and the platforms HW sales.Just because it sold better than FF12 doesn't mean it was better than GTA4 performance

FF13 hype and everything surrounding it plus it being the first FF this gen had bad sales,if PS3 has the old $399 price tag,it would have doen even worse

kingofwale is  correct and not atlall sounding ridiculous.

we are starving for a big budget "HD" (i hate that word) JRPG and SE gives us only hanheld shyte, thats why ff13 sold so much. even if KH3 sucks, it´ll sell tons and tons of copies.

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
The Xbox Man said:
kingofwale said:
NiKKoM said:

GTA4 in 2008 when PS3 sales were low benefited alot from going multi-plat and at that dtage in a GEN did very well with console sales being low

FF13 on the other hand sold badly accoring to its expectations and the platforms HW sales.Just because it sold better than FF12 doesn't mean it was better than GTA4 performance

FF13 hype and everything surrounding it plus it being the first FF this gen had bad sales,if PS3 has the old $399 price tag,it would have doen even worse

kingofwale is  correct and not atlall sounding ridiculous.

ok i'm done talking with you. Anyone saying they are bad sales shouldn't even be on a sales site.

@johnytesta

According to user reviews FF13 is loved by many many people, thats why it has sold so much & the fact xbox 360 helped it in sales.

NiKKoM said:

FF13 had its major fanbase on PS3 and could have done better with more publicity and hype staying exclusive

How are you even comparing an elite franshise like FF with Nier?

Cavia being a 360 dev before should have not been the only thing for it being targeted as 360 exclusive

AaronSOLDIER said:
If MS leave the industry after this or next gen, the Sony fans will not forgive them and the company will be fucked.

TBH I haven't enjoyed anything from them since Crisis Core so I don't really care what happens to them.

even if MS doesn't leave,Square Enix's franchises are becoming mediocre and when these franshises don't have any impact in JAPAN and everywhere else.MS will itself stop exclusivity for them and that time they will be fucked either way even with PS platform

nope, we are starving. ff13 is a good ff, but nothing else. thats why im going to buy a wii, just to play 4 or 5 jrpgs(not because of mario, zelda, wii mote,etc)

The Xbox Man said:
kingofwale said:
The Xbox Man said:
kingofwale said:
NiKKoM said:

What effect are you looking for? GTA4 isn't selling as well as the previous GTA which is San Andreas

FF13 in the west (where its multi) has already outsold the previous Final Fantasy (12) & is on its way to reach FF8/FF10 level sales, in europe FF7 level sales. Is that not an effect? Is the xbox not contributing there? Is it just the PS3 thats helped it reach that number? The region where FF13 is exclusive is where it has underperformed.

Torrents don't matter since people who get games of torrents don't usually buy them.

FF13 would have been lower if priced higher more more weeks.just because it sold well overall doesn't hide the fact that it would have brought less revenue than the other titles

and o'm not just talking about 360 version sales here but also about PS3 versions sales,PS3 version would have benfited from the hype and publicity if exclusive and more work on it for the bad review scores it got.

and its not just the current FF we are talking about,this would effect further FF games sales too as it is no longer the defintive game atleast by quality and reviews prove it

GTA4 sold pretty well at that stage in the GEN.