By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Where are your ancestors from?

Slimebeast said:
FootballFan said:
I'm white and blonde so likely Norther Europe Sweden England etc

Why would u have Swedish ancestors? U are from Britain.

At some point in time my family could have been from there. Blonde hair and Blue eyes is more common in Sweden than in England.

Around the Network
FootballFan said:
Slimebeast said:
FootballFan said:

At some point in time my family could have been from there. Blonde hair and Blue eyes is more common in Sweden than in England.

That's a bit flawed logic. It's more like the stone age population in Northern Europe including Britan, France, Germany were blonde, thousands of years ago. Then they got mixed up with darkish hair from the south, but less mixed up the further North you go (Scandinavia).

Slimebeast said:
FootballFan said:
Slimebeast said:
FootballFan said:

That's a bit flawed logic. It's more like the stone age population in Northern Europe including Britan, France, Germany were blonde, thousands of years ago. Then they got mixed up with darkish hair from the south, but less mixed up the further North you go (Scandinavia).

Hmmm...Nice

Looks like I could be pure British

FootballFan said:
Slimebeast said:
FootballFan said:
Slimebeast said:
FootballFan said:

Hmmm...Nice

Exactly! Sweet, isn't it?

Somali/Yemen

That's about it.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Around the Network

I guess 98% German, 1% French and 1% Austrian

FootballFan said:
Slimebeast said:
FootballFan said:
Slimebeast said:
FootballFan said:

Hmmm...Nice

It's pretty difficult to say. Scandinavia does seem a likely possibility as the Vikings/Norse invaded a while back. It all depends on how your family moved around back then. If you're from North England then it's likely if your family were Northern back then that you do have some Scandinavian in you. The darker features in Britain are likely derived from when the Romans invaded.

Oddly, the most native (blood-wise) Britons are actually likely to be found in Wales now.

Nepalese. My whole family are from Nepal.

If I went back far enough I'd probably find some Indian and some Chinese. If I went back further I'd probably find some Mongolian as some people from Mongolia eventually settled in Nepal, in which case there is a possibility that Genghis Khan was one of my ancestors. That guy was pretty busy when it came to spreading his seed :P

England and (Southern/Republic of) Ireland

Indonesian/Dutch/Chinese/British