By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Activision brings back the old "Punch Nintendo" Ads with Blur

That was really lame and I didn't like how they see MarioKart games. I mean, the Toad-like character wears a T-shirt that has all the colors of the gay flag...

I felt attacked a little by the sentence "Race like a big boy" and those weird colors like if I was treated like a fag because I'm playing MarioKart instead of Blur.

I don't love Activision too, so that didn't help them. Blur sucks BTW.

Around the Network

Funny commercial, but nothing more.

Let Blizzard Lead your damn gaming companies Vivendi!

I mean, the audience who plays Mario Kart (all what, 20 MILLION of them?) could give two shits about a game like this. So what is the point of this commercial?

It made me want to play that Kart racer more than the actual game!

Reverse ad! Cool concept!

Sega did it better.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

I thought it was pretty funny. No need to get all defensive guys.

KungKras said:
Sega did it better.

This. Sega seemed to do it with some style least most of the time. The way they did it seemed to make them lame as opposed to the other way around. Perhaps its because I actually think Sega made good games and I find Activisions to be crap.

Makes me want to punch something, quite frankly.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

That was pretty funny haha.

Chrizum said:
I thought it was pretty funny. No need to get all defensive guys.

In all actuality, it is a pretty good commercial for the target audience that Activision wants to buy this game. The young adult and teenage group that want to play the "big boy" games will definitely take notice.

After all, Acitivision does what Nintendon't. (Forgive me Sega)