By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Square Enix Is The Modern Definition Of Fool’s Gold

i agree with this. alot of the time games like final fantasy sell so well because they are none for there playstation exclusivity. its like if halo 3 had come out on ps3 yeah it may hav sold something like 1 - 2 million on the ps3 but the amount in would fall in sales on the 36would be alot higher than gained

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
I agree with him that exclusives sell better, and that Wada was basically auctioning off Versus when he made those comments. Basically, "hey MS, cut us a check and we'll go multiplat."

This.

I dunno what to say. SE made a fool of themselves, from being a top Japanese publisher, to becomming a company that cant create new IPs ( Nier for example) simply because their brand lost most of its popularity...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Ssenkahdavic said:
mtlca66 said:
RageBot said:
That's what annoys me, trying to toy with us poor fans :(

If you want to go multiplatform just announce it, I mean, really now, saying "we will wait until the release date is announced before we make the decision to go multi"?

So if it's one day beforehand, will you just say "oh cool yay moar money :D", scrap the release date, and only than start working on porting the game, and making neccesary adjustments?

also, if they decide multiplatform, RELEASE THE DAMN PS3 VERSION WHEN IT'S DONE! i dont understand shelfing it until the other version is done. who cares if x360 owners ahve to wait, they still get a game they were never going to have in the first place

Timed Exclusive.  We have seen it work one way, why not the other?

Sony don't have timed exclusives, and, you can't make a game a time exclusive on the PS3 anyway, if the graphics aren't up to par with the other exclusives the 360 fans can know that it's gonna come to their system, and if it is then it will be impossible to make a good port to the 360.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Hmmm...Sony has LOST money and market dominance this generation, and SE is chasing fool's gold...lol...the article's author needs to get a reality check.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:

Hmmm...Sony has LOST money and market dominance this generation, and SE is chasing fool's gold...lol...the article's author needs to get a reality check.

not to sure about that, you seem to the only one who disagrees

Around the Network
heruamon said:

not to sure about that, you seem to the only one who disagrees

heruamon said:

SE is chasing fool's gold...lol...the article's author needs to get a reality check.

well SE's only big hit this gen is FF13! so maybe are chasing fools gold? just a thought. nothing to debate.

hunter_alien said:
leatherhat said:
I agree with him that exclusives sell better, and that Wada was basically auctioning off Versus when he made those comments. Basically, "hey MS, cut us a check and we'll go multiplat."

This.

I dunno what to say. SE made a fool of themselves, from being a top Japanese publisher, to becomming a company that cant create new IPs ( Nier for example) simply because their brand lost most of its popularity...

i can see that a validaty. agreed. why not stick to trun based RPG'S? it worked for how many gen's now and they want to change it?

The simple fact is people do not care about JRPG's anymore, its as simple as that. Nor do the media care thats why they get such low review scores. The JRPG genre is like the beat em up genre int he PS2 generation, declines everywhere.
The west has moved on to WRPG's, this generation WRPG's & FPS are the two hardcore gaming genre's that have exploded. I am surprised FF13 has sold as much as it did in this market.

Lol at the reason why FF7 went to Playstation.. the Saturn had CD's and was outselling the Playstation before FF7 came.. Shiochiro Irimajiri, then president of Sega, and Tomoyuki Takechi, president of Squaresoft even grew up in the same city and are childhood friends... Sony just made a good deal for a 4 games 100 million dollar marketing deal and waving away the extra cost of 2 extra CD's.. Squaresoft back then was just about money like it is now.. and that ain't wrong..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)