By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Okay After Day 1, Which to get.....Alan Wake or Red Dead Redemption????

Okay After Day 1, Which to get.....Alan Wake or Red Dead Redemption????

Alan Wake 34 33.01%

Red Dead Redemption 69 66.99%

Total:103

I been waiting for Alan Wake for a long time and am excited that I finally can play it but Red Dead Redemption looks like it will give me a more complete game for my buck....So now I dont know what to get tomorrow!!

Now that you guys have had some-what time to play them....Which one is Better to get first???

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:

I been waiting for Alan Wake for a long time and am excited that I finally can play it but Red Dead Redemption looks like it will give me a more complete game for my buck....So now I dont know what to get tomorrow!!

Now that you guys have had some-what time to play them....Which one is Better to get first???

that is a tough one, what i did was ask myself which Genre do i like better, or which do you think will give you the most unique game experience between the two ,while also enjoy those very same unique game experience's.

now it's a hard choice because Alan Wake is a whole seperate Genre v's western's

it's going to comedown to which intrigues you more I think.

I voted for RDR because my nephew has already purchased Alan Wake, but also i am a big fan of spaghetti. western's

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

yeah both are really different but both are good games. i voted Read Dead if your looking for more playing time for your money. but you cant go wrong with ether one IMO.

Yep, i'm a girl

I see AW more as an unique experience and RDR more as a gta in the far west...

Both are great I believe.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Well I ordered Alan Wake because I was able to get it for only $20 brand new.

However, I'm more interested in Red Dead Redemption.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Personally I would've bought both,but after reading how short Alan Wake is,it's a no brainer to go with Red Dead.$60 on a short game is not a good idea.Splinter Cell was only 5 hours,God Of War was around 10 hrs and Alan Wake is about 12 hours.I have been playing Red Dead since Saturday and I only have been in between just 3 towns and there's a WHOLE LOT of ground to cover.So get  your moneys worth and go Red.

http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=725793

• CURRENT POINTS

• LIFETIME POINTS

• CREDITED OFFERS

• PENDING PRIZES

• APPROVED PRIZES

• TOTAL REFERRALS

• REFERRAL POINTS

Well Red Dead Redemption obviously has the better value. Which is quite normal for a sandbox game.
In the end you need to get both. I don't think there is much of a difference what to get first.

I say AW since RDR will probably be on sale for 39.99 in a month or so. (That is if you cant get both now)

Get Alan Wake first since you always risk of running into spoilers with story driven games.

These two games are my top 2 GOTY. So u must get both.

got em both so i can kinda judge even tho i didnt play them lol ;) i wud still go for red dead redemption reviews and everything is better atm