By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wada clarifies Versus XIII multiplat talk

CGI-Quality said:
jarrod said:
CGI-Quality said:

So I'm guessing you'd be cool with Mass Effect 2, SC: Conviction, and ALAN WAKE all coming to PS3, yes?

Honestly, I'd be more surprised if Conviction at least didn't hit PS3 at some point.  Alan Wake and the Mass Effect games are obviously tied up in 1st party contracts though, don't see why those should really be brought up?

Mass Effect is not tied up on a 1st Party contract, contrary to what you have been lead to believe. Where were you during the talk of Mass Effect "maybe" coming to PS3? You think a 1st Party title could even be in question?

I was making a point though. Those were wildcard examples to begin with, but they got the message across.

What talk?  Can you link me, because all I've seen is unsubstantiated speculation based on a few lines of code, some crazy Pachter talk and the usual PR "no comment" from EA/Bioware?  All that's been confirmed is that Microsoft had an exclusivity agreement for the first trilogy before the EA buyout, and no one would comment on if/how the terms of that might've changed post-buyout... if I'm wrong on all this, feel free to source me.

And the "point" seemed misplaced given you bought 1st party product dealings into it (which Versus and Conviction certainly aren't).  It's about as legitimate as bringing up the notion of Heavy Rain or the Pixeljunk series on 360.  It seems a bit irrelevant and inflammatory.

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
More people can play the games? If you want to play FFV13 buy a PS3, end of story.

Yuppers.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Yea, so when E3 comes I hope we don't hear this announced at MP then. Otherwise Wada I'm coming to torch your house you money grubbing little troll.

I think Nomura is the little fanboy troll

they need to get rid of that guy

really?

they remove the guy so influencial in both both FF and KH series.great idea

Why not, Obiviously the guy is looking out for his fanboyish interests, rather than the companies....So if I was Wada I 'd tell him to

get his act together or shove it

Also:

"...until the launch time frame is formally announced, all points about all titles are not finalized"

Not finalized? I thought it was finalized the day it was first announced and the trailer said "Only on PS3"? Well that happened with FFXIII, so I can't trust that.

How about right after FFXIII was announced multiplatform, despite not being available on 360 in Japan, you guys immediately said that FFvXIII was exclusive WORLDWIDE? That sounds like a finalized statement to me, especially since it came RIGHT AFTER you exposed your lie about FFXIII to make sure there wasn't any speculation on FFvXIII.

But I've seen how SE has acted this gen. Even though the market that their games are targeted for is owned by the PS3 (in terms of PS3 vs. 360), they've only made 360 exclusives. I dare speculate that had it not been in development on the console before the generation started, the PS3 wouldn't have even seen FFXIII

CGI-Quality said:
thelifatree said:
CGI-Quality said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
youarebadatgames said:
Money talks, bullshit walks.

Exactly....I think Wada said those comments not only to create a buzz for the game but to get MS attention to maybe throw them some extra cash there way, to get the game on 360 also.....Either way gamers win which is all that matters

So I'm guessing you'd be cool with Mass Effect 2, SC: Conviction, and ALAN WAKE all coming to PS3, yes?

I ask this because you're in every thread with this subject saying the same stuff, "everyone gets to play it" & "they should just throw some cash SE's way". I have nothing against your opinion, though I heavily disagree with it, but would you agree to those terms?

I want them to release it :D, though I will get it on ps3 no matter what. though I have a question, is sony being less aggressive on third party exclusives? Their first party's are great... And is Heavy rain considered first or 3rd? or 2nd. I forgot I remember the deal with quantic and sony being weird but I could be imagining things.
Or is it because the PS3, isn't the dominant console anymore. And it's more or less tied with the 360 in hardware sales. So theres more incentive to port it. As compared to last gen when ps2 had way more hardware sold than xbox

I think what you have is Sony being aggressive in other areas and 3rd parties looking elsewhere when considering where to put their products. In most cases, the PS3 still gets the game, so I don't think Sony bothers with it too much. The one 3rd party excuslive likely to remain that way is Agent, as Sony paid big bucks for that specific project.

As for HEAVY RAIN, it's a trademark of Quantic Dream (essentially it's their IP, Cage propbably wouldn't budge on it), but Sony owns some sort of stake in it, and it will always be a PS3 exclusive.

Not sure about the truth of this but heard it was LA Noire that Sony sunk alot of cash into. When rockstar picked it up they promised Sony an exclusive (Agent) as long as Sony didnt try to recoupe thier losses on Noire.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Yea, so when E3 comes I hope we don't hear this announced at MP then. Otherwise Wada I'm coming to torch your house you money grubbing little troll.

really?

Why not, Obiviously the guy is looking out for his fanboyish interests, rather than the companies....So if I was Wada I 'd tell him to

There's always been some success to all of Nomura's work so Wada should really listen to him.  Afterall its Nomura that creates the faces of Square.  If you think anything Square related the first thing will most likely be something of Nomura's work. 

Square's been releasing exclusive RPGs for the 360 and sold mediocre with not high praise reviews, good move on Wada's part?  Why not give PS3 an exclusive try and see how it goes for once.

The way i see it, the end result of sales could really just be the same. Example:

PS3 exclusive released 2011 = 5mil
Multiplat delayed release 2012 = 1.5mil on 360 + 3.5mil on PS3 (lost 1.5mil sales from fans waiting too long and decided to forget about it and just get other good games) = 5mil

Pretty much to maximize sales = release it while its still hype or else people will just not give a dam anymore.

V-r0cK said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
forevercloud3000 said:

really?

There's always been some success to all of Nomura's work so Wada should really listen to him.  Afterall its Nomura that creates the faces of Square.  If you think anything Square related the first thing will most likely be something of Nomura's work. 

Square's been releasing exclusive RPGs for the 360 and sold mediocre with not high praise reviews, good move on Wada's part?  Why not give PS3 an exclusive try and see how it goes for once.

The way i see it, the end result of sales could really just be the same. Example:

PS3 exclusive released 2011 = 5mil
Multiplat delayed release 2012 = 1.5mil on 360 + 3.5mil on PS3 (lost 1.5mil sales from fans waiting too long and decided to forget about it and just get other good games) = 5mil

Pretty much to maximize sales = release it while its still hype or else people will just not give a dam anymore.

Companies don't have a retry button, when its your biggest franchise ever your not going to gamble and see how it goes. The JRPGs xbox got were mediocre at best if they want to try with PS3 they should make an exclusive mediocre JRPG and see how that goes!

@ CGI: Mass effect should be multiplat because the games are way too awesome but the sales aren't Fallout/FF like. It would be sad if Bioware would quit Mass effect after a while due to low sales.

still putting my on it goin to the xbox 360 micro$oft will give a little per$ausion

Well when you think about it, how long have we been waiting for this game to come out? And there's even no demo for it yet. So it wouldn't surprise me if it was planned on going to xbox the whole time.

I bought a PS3 to eventually buy FFXIII for it, but I bought it for 360 instead, even though it was gimpped like a motherfucker. Why? Because I can... u___u

Well, maybe to spite the PS3 fans, because my xbot body has no soul.. n___n

Let's re-live the past:

Back in the day, SNES fans rubbed it in the faces of Genesis fans that they didn't get Final Fantasy games.. Square jumped ship to Sony, still denying my Sega from Final Fantasy goodness. But now that I get my Final Fantasies on Dreamcast 360, I finally get my revenge on you Nintendo fans that laughed at me... I'm looking at you BJ!! You and the Nintendo club at school.. I only joined because there was no Sega club and every kid had to go to a club for one period.. I never liked you guys, because you laughed at me. I only had one real friend in there, because we both loved Sega and Turbo Graphics 16 came second..

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence